Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
real hosed up week at work. i had to clean up vomit, poo poo, and blood in a 2-day span. the trifecta. thankful for my day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I am working but it’s Friday and I did Enough this week so I’m laying on my bed right now and occasionally looking at teams and email

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I can’t speak on racism and baseball because I’m a Braves’ fan.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I can’t speak on racism and baseball because I’m a Braves’ fan.

that’s right, 0 racism

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shard posted:

Anyone else see this poo poo. I tried this when I was 9 and it was foul!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqgYe2-kUQ

What in the gently caress

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Shard posted:

commercials like this are probably why I did so many drugs, just chasing that party in a jug

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Shard posted:

Why is he calling for mom? Kool-Aif in milk is some latchkey kid poo poo. Mom is at work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

I still do it rules and is very faded

my first ex wife burned it in a banishment ceremony.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WeaselWeaz posted:

Why is he calling for mom? Kool-Aif in milk is some latchkey kid poo poo. Mom is at work.

yeah for real. Let me just ruin the entire gallon of milk while mom is at work.

I was a latchkey kid. I once set my garbage can on fire by accident. I also microwaved bacon. I can't believe I'm alive.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I took like half a tube of cookie dough, made a giant cookie, then tried to cook it by microwaving it on a metal baking sheet.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

One time I tried to dry a shirt in the oven before school

Not a latchkey kid, just a dumbass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pissed on an electric fence and then immediately pissed on my face.

Most of the dumb stuff I did as a kid involved either getting concussed, set on fire or electrocuted. It was like a weekly roulette.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I put my tongue on a chin-up bar on the playground during recess as a child in the dead of New York winter. Nobody saw me as I panicked with my tongue stuck to the metal. I pulled it off and left my skin on the bar as I swallowed my blood the rest of the day. I decided I’d just say I bit my tongue sledding down a hill but never had to because nobody ever asked about it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I jumped off an abandoned fridge, caught my toes on the coils, smacked face first into the coils then fell crown first to the ground.

Today I fell off an electric scooter into gravel at 15mph so some things never change.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I tried the tongue on a metal post thing in 2nd grade because I was skeptical. It worked. I was cautious enough that I only had a small part of my tongue on it so I pulled it off ..with only a minimal loss.

I used to love sledding and then I used a snow tube and promptly met the electrical meter of a townhouse jaw first. I tried sledding again after that but the fear was inside me now so it wasn't the same

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Penguin Patrol posted:

real hosed up week at work. i had to clean up vomit, poo poo, and blood in a 2-day span. the trifecta. thankful for my day off.

one time I had to use a half broken plywood stick from a movie banner to physically break apart a hardened monster turd that would not flush

movie theaters are wild

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
oh dumb kid stuff???

I wasn't watching where I was running, ran full speed into a rope swing hanging from a branch and the resulting rope burn and bruise around my neck made it look like someone tried to hang me

I've got other dumb stories of accidentally trying to destroy myself, but that one probably looked the most intense. The worst part was swinging around and falling flat on my back, knocking the wind out of me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One time me and my friend were playing outside and we snuck into our neighbor's backyard and he had an alligator chained up to a tree with its mouth taped shut. We got close to it and it swung its tail and we high tailed it out of there and got stuck in a thorn bush. I was 6.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I had a giant stuffed animal walk around in my room. It freaked me out at first but they kept doing it so I complained the bear was taken away. I was 6.

I didn’t think much about it until I saw AKIRA and wonder if maybe I saw that as a kid and it bled through.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That show jury duty on freevee is really funny

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I was playing a mix of horse and darts with my step brother and thought up sitting upside down in a chair beneath the board. I threw it awkwardly up, it obviously bounced right of the board, and fell right back down into my ear like it was an earring. I always think about how I almost blinded myself that day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My mom had a friend come visit with her kid when I was like 6 years old so of course we climbed up onto the garage roof and my sister dared me to jump off so of course of course I did. Was so excited that I did it that I raced inside to brag to my mom and her friend. They got excited about it... just not quite in the same way.

A few years later I got up the guts to climb the giant rear end tree in my grandparents' backyard, got to the top and slipped and fell like 20 feet but "luckily" I hit several branches along the way which slowed me down till I hit one that was big enough that I got stuck on it, and lay there gasping and wheezing and kind of weirdly exhilarated at how close I came to dying (it was a really, really big loving tree!). Eventually I climbed down and went and told my grandma, who very sweetly told me not to climb the tree again because the birds that live in it would beat me up :shobon:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
When I was like 12 I snapped my ankle falling off a roof holding a gun. I was so laser focused on not dropping the gun that I fell in pretty much the worst possible angle, so even though it was only around 10 feet I totally obliterated it. Didn't drop the gun though!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

When I was like 12 I snapped my ankle falling off a roof holding a gun. I was so laser focused on not dropping the gun that I fell in pretty much the worst possible angle, so even though it was only around 10 feet I totally obliterated it. Didn't drop the gun though!
this is a metaphor for american politics lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

When I was 10 I cut my palm open with an x-acto knife at a summer science class and didn't want to bother anyone so I put a napkin on it and wrapped my hand in masking tape, and when I was 13 I got a gash in my thigh from a jagged bench at school and didn't want to bother anyone so I spent the rest of the day with my gym shirt wrapped around my leg, and when I was 15 I impaled my heel on an exposed framing nail in the backyard and didn't want to bother anyone so I hopped one-legged up the stairs into the bathroom so I could wash it out and put a bandaid on my foothole except the sound woke my mom up and it turned out I'd left a blood trail all the way through the house.

Also as long as we're reliving childhood trauma I got grounded once because my brother threw a cat at me and it radicalized me as to the inadequacies of the justice system.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

my brother once did a Cesaro-style big swing on me and let me go flying into the leg of a grand piano

(not on purpose but still)

No idea how my nose didn’t break or how I didn’t get a concussion; maybe I did, I’m pretty dumb

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good morning. I'm making chili for the first time. I hope it comes out well. I wanted it a little thick so I added a little flour but the color doesn't look as good and I didn't chop the onions fine enough. So cooking lessons were learned today. I hope it tastes good though. Also I learned how to minc a clove of garlic and did that well so yay for youtube tutorials.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

this is a metaphor for american politics lol

you're not wrong

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I love making chili. My hot tip is to not worry about thickening it and just load it up with more ingredients because that'll do the job. Mushrooms, onions, peppers, celery, corn, carrots, pinto beans, kidney beans... Beans especially will help thicken it, but you can put anything you want in there. Chili is magic.

My warm tip is to never add water. I just use a can or two of crushed tomatoes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I reccommend the diced tomato cans with the peppers in them. Don't drain. PLORP. But I'm not normal, so you do whatever you want.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for the tips yall. It came out well but I think we can do better. It was fun cooking it! And I think I did better than this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

Don't drain. PLORP.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I have to work today and tomorrow blah blah crap crap. I’m going to miss Spenser Strider pitching tomorrow.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I have to work today and tomorrow blah blah crap crap. I’m going to miss Spenser Strider pitching tomorrow.

ill be hootin and hollerin at my tv for you

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Currently getting yelled at because my sweet scooter wrecking skills were on display yesterday. The scooter is fine, I don’t see what the issue is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

Thanks for the tips yall. It came out well but I think we can do better. It was fun cooking it! And I think I did better than this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

a big chili tip is to learn to use dried chilis. they're available in the mexican section of any supermarket, they're dirt cheap, and they keep basically forever. just rip off the tops and dump out the seeds, soak them in warm water till soft (about 15ish minutes depending on how warm the water is), blend till smooth, and dump them in. beats chili powder by a country mile.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

I reccommend the diced tomato cans with the peppers in them. Don't drain. PLORP. But I'm not normal, so you do whatever you want.

Good tip, I do this with ground beef tacos as well and it works great

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Chili is a neverending experiment with what you love. It's a little like a marriage, I would say, having never been married but definitely having eaten chilis. You add a little spice, you think, "Ooh, that's a bit spicy!" So you add a little talcum powder. I don't think you should add talcum powder to marriages or chili but it suffices for my point. Which is to say

I forget

Good luck with the chili

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

most chili recipes don’t have you reduce for long enough. Reducing is key imo. You don’t want meat soup. Nobody wants meat soup. I think my wife also uses corn starch as a cheat to thicken stuff up, works well.

Gotta be a chore man today. Lawn. Anchoring furniture. Cleaning stuff. CHORES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Having been married several times, I can assure you the secret is not more spice. It’s actually something sweet.

Same applies to chili.