Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They'll give Roman 3 belts lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480

Dunno if it got posted when it came up but the guy who does a podcast about the worst people imaginable is doing Vince McMahon episodes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i wasn't watching wrestling in the 60s and 70s but when bruno sammartino had his record setting championship run did they create a another world title so they could give the other guys something to do

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yah the ic title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i wasn't watching wrestling in the 60s and 70s but when bruno sammartino had his record setting championship run did they create a another world title so they could give the other guys something to do

Not during his title runs, but they did invent an international tag title during one that he won within months of its announcement and was then stripped of because "actually you can't hold All the belts at the same time here" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_International_Tag_Team_Championship

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Chris James 2 posted:

Not during his title runs, but they did invent an international tag title during one that he won within months of its announcement and was then stripped of because "actually you can't hold All the belts at the same time here" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_International_Tag_Team_Championship

the original “DQd for kicking too much rear end”

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

David sammartino will show up on raw and announce that his dad's last words were an acknowledgement of the tribal chief, the big kahuna

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

does vince acknowledge the tribal chief??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Testekill posted:

Didn't Indi just gently caress up her knee or ankle on NXT last week?

My understanding from WOR is that she hurt her knee, they called an audible to give someone else in the triple threat the belt, but then Indi was able to go back out so they changed it again mid-match for her to retain.

Despite knowing she was injured.

And now drafted out of NXT.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Other than which coworkers they get to see every week why should any superstar care about what brand they're on. At least when the draft was originally around there was brand rivalry, brand identity and both brands behind the scenes were competing against each other to put on the better matches but both RAW and Smackdown both look and are wrote exactly the same so who cares

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Looks to me like they just drafted the same roster they’ve been using on each brand. So good booking I guess?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They have to get new shirts.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/lilly_lution/status/1651658241049239563?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I love all the people in the replies going "she's been doing this her whole life!" Yeah, that's part of the issue!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Gymnastics will kill your joints unless you pair it with Karate.

Then your joints will kill your enemies

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

they put cody on a different brand AND created a participation ribbion belt so that he can feel like a special boy without ever beating the most special boy

amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I hope he doesn’t win it and it goes to some jobber like Sami Zayn

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lose another if I lose this match I can't challenge for the belt angle and have roman win that one too

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Winning it would be at odds with the ‘John Cenas year of hell’ storyline they seem to be looking to tell with Cody so I would not be shocked at all if he didn’t win any belt before next mania

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Blasmeister posted:

I would not be shocked at all if he didn’t win any belt

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Winning it would be at odds with the ‘John Cenas year of hell’ storyline they seem to be looking to tell with Cody so I would not be shocked at all if he didn’t win any belt before next mania

Didn't Cena win most of his matches and main event several ppvs during his "worst year ever"?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Since he outed himself as a belt mark, they’re absolutely going to dangle it over him to negotiate his next contract

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Didn't Cena win most of his matches and main event several ppvs during his "worst year ever"?

John Cena's 2012, per Wiki:

Draw with Kane at the Rumble
Beat Kane in ambulance match at Elimination Chamber
Lost to Dwayne at Mania
Brock returns and kicks his rear end
Beats Brock at Extreme Rules
Loses to John Laurinaitis at Over the Limit
Beats Big Show in cage match at No Way Out
Won MITB, won cash-in by DQ/didn't win the world title over Punk
Lost three more attempts at world title over Punk (Summerslam and Survivor Series triple threats, Night of Champions draw)
Hurt his arm in between those attempts
Lost to Dolph at TLC for another MITB
Big E debuts and kicks his rear end

So yeah Punished John was essentially "couldn't beat Dwayne yet, only won MITB once instead of twice, and didn't get another world title run in four tries"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Rhonne posted:

Yeah lol, I doubt Cody would get quite that level of protection. But with Roman only working some of the PPVs maybe he still gets those main events

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 29, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope he doesn’t win it and it goes to some jobber like Sami Zayn

Aren't they crowning the first champion at a Blood Money show? That would be interesting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

John Cena's 2012, per Wiki:

Draw with Kane at the Rumble
Beat Kane in ambulance match at Elimination Chamber
Lost to Dwayne at Mania
Brock returns and kicks his rear end
Beats Brock at Extreme Rules
Loses to John Laurinaitis at Over the Limit
Beats Big Show in cage match at No Way Out
Won MITB, won cash-in by DQ/didn't win the world title over Punk
Lost three more attempts at world title over Punk (Summerslam and Survivor Series triple threats, Night of Champions draw)
Hurt his arm in between those attempts
Lost to Dolph at TLC for another MITB
Big E debuts and kicks his rear end

So yeah Punished John was essentially "couldn't beat Dwayne yet, only won MITB once instead of twice, and didn't get another world title run in four tries"

I'm actually gonna stick up for this, a LITTLE BIT.

If you know Cena is main eventing the next Wrestlemania against the Rock, doing a story where "losing to The Dwayne Dwayneson set Cena on a downward spiral and can't win the title all years, Rock parachutes in and wins the title, now Cena has to redeem himself by beating Rock and winning the title" is, imo, a pretty good way to justify doing Twice In A Lifetime, because it's a meaningfully different dynamic from the first match, and if you wanna do that story, you still have to protect Cena to a certain degree, because, y'know, he's main eventing Mania for the world title. Maybe they laid it on too thick with the WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE stuff, but winning MitB, then being (I think?) the first guy ever to fail to cash it in and just never being able to get his loving hands on Punk, just for Rock to do it instead is, imo, a fine enough way to tell that story.

Also I'm kinda crazy in that I really like that Brock match and I always liked the bookend of "In 2012, Brock fucks around too much and Cena catches him with a lucky shot and beats him. In 2014, Brock is all business and he loving murders Cena." And I'm a little upset that we got 3 Brock/Cena matches, they're 1-1-1 and we never got a rubber match, because their matches are really good. But yes, in the wider scope of the long-term story, Brock losing to Cena doesn't make much sense.

Also, I don't know why, if you know Cena is main eventing Mania, you're having him gently caress around with an authority figure for, near as I can tell, two? Three pay per views? You can't find something better for him to do? And this is main eventing over your world championship that he's going to be contending for at Mania? That don't make no snense.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Cody has been on raw since he debuted, he was never on Smackdown

Radius Fracture
Sep 22, 2008

The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic
Love seeing the Good Brothers. Two of the few who realize what business they’re actually in. Heroes of the working man.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

they put cody on a different brand AND created a participation ribbion belt so that he can feel like a special boy without ever beating the most special boy

amazing

and apparently the plan isn't even for him to win it, Rollins is getting it instead!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

blunt posted:

and apparently the plan isn't even for him to win it, Rollins is getting it instead!

Lol it really is the cuck belt

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Cody winning the consolation belt would honestly be more embarrassing than not winning it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

blunt posted:

Cody chokes again! The announcers will start calling him the Chicken Choker!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Cody winning the consolation belt would honestly be more embarrassing than not winning it

Both options are bad and it's an own goal in both cases.wins it and lol consolation prize not up to Roman belt us worthless. Loses it and he's Cody the Rubber Choker who can't win when it matters but unlike underdogs he feels like an anointed man who just fails and thus you can't support him in a Sami or WWE Bryan way.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the new belt should not enter the Codyverse

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1652375091684995073?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hell yeah dude

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh if Cody is gonna get the cuck belt, he shouldn't be the first to win it, he should be winning it off of Freakin, that's who his history is with and also their matches are really loving good, and the story of "Cody beat Seth three times in a row, but Seth injured Cody, now Seth has the title that Cody wants." is perfectly cromulent. It gives Cody a meaningful reason to want the belt besides "my dad never held this title that was made 20 minutes ago and also I couldn't win the other one."

Kinda like the entire time what they should've done was Roman loses to Sami, Sami loses to Freakin', Freakin' loses to Cody.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not surprising from the company that right after Mania 30 was done wanted Bryan squashed by Brock at Summerslam (the only thing saving it/getting him replaced by Cena was his neck giving out). Even the rare times they relent on their plans/give fans what fans actually want, it's only so they have an excuse to be more spiteful to them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin's first win since November

https://twitter.com/Sturry/status/1652390298327171072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

tbh if Cody is gonna get the cuck belt, he shouldn't be the first to win it, he should be winning it off of Freakin, that's who his history is with and also their matches are really loving good, and the story of "Cody beat Seth three times in a row, but Seth injured Cody, now Seth has the title that Cody wants." is perfectly cromulent. It gives Cody a meaningful reason to want the belt besides "my dad never held this title that was made 20 minutes ago and also I couldn't win the other one."

Kinda like the entire time what they should've done was Roman loses to Sami, Sami loses to Freakin', Freakin' loses to Cody.

"Bully Cody rips away participation trophy from easily defeatable man."