Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

Alright so wait until after the funeral to fire him

This ain't funny chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Oh well poo poo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/onlytaron/status/1652143213271212032/mediaviewer

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

This ain't funny chief

there is a joke about him only taking his seat belt off because the on coming driver did it first but i wont make it as I can't imagine how terrible it would be to get that news out of the blue. maybe he found it helpful to continue working for a bit (?) but I'd probably want to get the hell out of there and not go to my very public facing job if that happened.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Watching the warriors lose tonight was deeply satisfying

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BWV posted:

there is a joke about him only taking his seat belt off because the on coming driver did it first but i wont make it as I can't imagine how terrible it would be to get that news out of the blue. maybe he found it helpful to continue working for a bit (?) but I'd probably want to get the hell out of there and not go to my very public facing job if that happened.

you just made the joke

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

fart simpson posted:

you just made the joke

no I think you are confusing me with someone else.

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1652143948339761154?s=20

this guy gets it.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I’m just throwing this out there: I hate the Memphis Grizzlies. I’ve hated them for a long time. 10 years ago they kept the Suns out of the playoffs. Guaranteed 3 losses every year for a long time. 🖕

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

WhyteRyce posted:

SAS brothers and sisters, please declare your allegiance to Game 7 Beam Wagon right here
You have my mid posting. Use Steph's mouth guard, Poole's first date budget, and Draymond's podcasting equipment to fuel the fusion reactor that powers THE BEAM

Ammanas posted:

i dont see it as a series in question, kings will win at home. warriors are tired and kerr has no new ideas. time to retire and bring in coach nurse for a charge of the light brigade.
Didn't the Light Brigade end up getting slaughtered needlessly???

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jokic channeling Popp and Durant.
https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/status/1652021880784846849?s=20

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

KurdtLives posted:

Didn't the Light Brigade end up getting slaughtered needlessly???

yeah thats the reference

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Denver in 6

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

congrats to the grizzlies for being so unlikeable that im happy the lakers are winning

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I’m just throwing this out there: I hate the Memphis Grizzlies. I’ve hated them for a long time. 10 years ago they kept the Suns out of the playoffs. Guaranteed 3 losses every year for a long time. 🖕

I haven't seen a situation where the Lakers were the forum choice in a series since 2010.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

much respect to this kid
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1652160036515491840

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Commitment to the bit, you love to see it

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

fart simpson posted:

congrats to the grizzlies for being so unlikeable that im happy the lakers are winning

Thank you celtics fan for weighin g in on unlikeable teams. Personally speaking nothing besides beating the nj nets could make the grizz unlikeable to me. Ja morant should be allowed to kill as many teenagers as he wants

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

buy this kid an account

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

I hope Luka shows up to a Nuggets/Suns G7

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Which team is top heel if the warriors and grizzlies are gone? Boston?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seams posted:

Jimmy but he’s WWE Attitude era Rock heel

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Seams posted:

Lakers/Kings would bring up a lot of bad memories for a lot of people, so Lakers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Algund Eenboom posted:

Thank you celtics fan for weighin g in on unlikeable teams. Personally speaking nothing besides beating the nj nets could make the grizz unlikeable to me. Ja morant should be allowed to kill as many teenagers as he wants

your welcome

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

News: Kyrie left at the end of the 3rd quarter
Views: Kyrie to resign with Dallas

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Kyrie S+T for Gobert

who

says

no

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Lol LeBron bounced so he wouldn’t have to shake Brooks’ hand.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Seams posted:

Boston is never a heel, they're always unlikable front facing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Kyrie S+T for Gobert

who

says

no

Luka

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Kyrie S+T for Gobert

who

says

no

I feel like they need to be on the same team, and if it is one coached by Kidd it's like the perfect rear end in a top hat singularity.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Luka would get to step back his rear end and then shittalk him everyday in practice instead of just a couple of times a year, though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

runaway pancake posted:

buy this kid an account

technically I did a similar thing in Vegas. The guy brought me down to shoot 3 half court shots. I spent most of the time doing the same make some noise motions to the crowd and pretending to shoot on the wrong hoop. Finally the guy had enough of calling me a comedian and just counted really fast and told me to shoot and get off the floor

Also when I introduced myself I said my name and that I had too much to drink. He kept the microphone away from me after that

The rain of boos I got was way better than any summer league prize pack I missed out on

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 29, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

Boston is never a heel, they're always unlikable front facing.

I know this is a popular take but this current team exudes no negativity or bad vibes.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

This game really has me confused as to how JJJ got DPOY over AD.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

qbert posted:

Because Anthony Davis didn't play like that during the regular season and the award is for the regular season

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Metapod posted:

Because Anthony Davis didn't play like that during the regular season and the award is for the regular season

I personally felt he played great defense all season and it's wild he was never even in the conversation. He also played more minutes in the regular season than JJJ.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

qbert posted:

For a stretch AD without Lebron was having MVP type numbers. Then he gets injured, Westbrook was a bad fit, Lakers didn't play well consistently as a group till close to the end of the season and you know the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Watched the Lakers-Grizzlies game while sick with the 'rona and Scott Van Pelt and Mark Jones making GBS threads on Memphis nearly had me coughing up a lung in laughter:
  • "We'll breakdown the Lakers' advancing to round 2" at the end of the third
  • saying they’ll have interviews after with whichever Grizzlies decide to show up
  • talking about 'garbage time players playing pickup in the auxiliary gym'
  • “Sometimes the trick whoops you.”

anakha fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 29, 2023