Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Griffith goes down in a Gary Hart scandal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Casca is going to beat Griffith into a coma and I'm gonna watch

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For people who have been watching the memorial edition of The Golden Age, I see that it has a dub. Is it the same dub used for the original film releases or did they record a new audio track?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New track, I believe, they just got the old crew back for it though, which is nice

I'm still stunned they didn't try to at least polish the 2016 turd by getting the cast back for that dub

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Did they rerecord the blooper reel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want to hear more about Void's will before the voice director cuts off his mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDnYht6tYzw

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It still amazes me for the side characters we had the voices of Goku, Dr Robotnik and Yuigi.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Interesting comparison of all three dubs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_51jflVLio

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I can't unhear, "SO, who wants to feel my legendary rear end"

(at 0:08)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj63p_XGr-Q

Gotta respect the craft.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Very nice, let's see Griffith's behelit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Look at that crimson coloring. The tasteful thickness. My god, it even has a necklace chain.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1645751110681112580?t=14iwpkS0Bqq2MKFBgxsM1A&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Berserk went away? I hadn't heard anything about Miura's successor taking a break. Then again, long waits between chapters isn't really news at this point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Last chapter ended the arc, so I think they took a bit of a break to get ready for what's to come. As said, it really hasn't felt like a significant gap at all.

As of right now, the Berserk Deluxe volumes are fully released, assuming they're not looking at releasing any that aren't three volumes collated.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The next Deluxe will wrap up Miura's run and include the pretty dreadful Berserk Guidebook as padding.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’ve never heard of this guidebook. What makes it dreadful?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not really a guidebook. There's next to nothing in it that isn't already in the manga. It's basically a collection of character images/biographies and poo poo.
Compared to some of the guidebooks you see for other manga (like the JoJo ones) or video games, it's just a nothing thing.

The only real reason to have purchased it (in English) was to move the needle on Berserk products in the west and now the Deluxes are out, it's pretty fair to say that those are a better needle mover.

Does remind me that I've not bought the Grunbeld book though...

e: I also didn't know that 14 had been announced when I posted that, I kinda thought LordMune was joking about them including the guidebook :v:

Still buying it, natch.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Was the "lost" chapter 83 in the Deluxe editions?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nope.

Miura asked for it to be omitted and he was alive when the Deluxe volume which would have contained it came out (iirc) and it would be weird for them to reinsert it posthumously too if not.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 13, 2023

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
And it's not even in the final Miura Deluxe volume? That's a shame, at least they could provide some context for it outside of the main run.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Teek posted:

And it's not even in the final Miura Deluxe volume? That's a shame, at least they could provide some context for it outside of the main run.

I don't think it's available digitally to check and not physically till November so impossible to say just yet but sincerely doubt it will be. It'll get its pay off if it was to be relevant enough to come back, if Miura hadn't changed direction on it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I feel like if it ever gets published it'll be as a bonus chapter in the final volume with some context for its omission provided.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opk_kqU1wX8&t=929s

This madman posted an hour long version where Guts passes many of the major, secondary, and minor characters. He loses his eye when his passes Femto and a patch of his hair turns white upon passing the helmet of the Berserker armor.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

OhFunny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opk_kqU1wX8&t=929s

This madman posted an hour long version where Guts passes many of the major, secondary, and minor characters. He loses his eye when his passes Femto and a patch of his hair turns white upon passing the helmet of the Berserker armor.

How big is this office?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's what my usual office days feel like. Including feeling like my eyes are being torn out and rapidly aging

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

How big is this office?!

Its his first day on the job and he's lost, walking in a circle for an hour and too socially awkward to ask for directions.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Man has no control, not even over his own will.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
New chapter out, can't post link at the moment

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I see…two new chapters? Both labeled 372?

One about Caska and the other about Griffith

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I see…two new chapters? Both labeled 372?

One about Caska and the other about Griffith

Just check Mangadex, it's where the Evil Genius releases go up first

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I only saw the one chapter focused on Casca.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Going online and just looking for a copy of the chapter gets you WILDLY different points.

I guess people are doing it for clicks, but man, still in this day and age that's a thing.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I only saw the one chapter focused on Casca.

Well check this out:

https://mangaclash.com/manga/berserk/chapter-372/

Here is what I’m assuming is the actual 372 chapter:

https://readberserk.com/chapter/berserk-chapter-372/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that first one that's focused on Griffith is actually chapter 357

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The canon translation is the evil genius one on mangadex. Accept no imitations.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Casca in Oz

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I think the art continues to improve. I think Casca feeling the heroic urge to return to the crew is a satisfying development.

The story continues to feel like somebody sitting on the fast forward button for these reboot chapters. But that’s okay, I guess.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Who is actually in charge of the story now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

GateOfD posted:

Who is actually in charge of the story now

Kouji Mori is supervising production and was the only person Miura divulged the entire story to, so I think he's a reasonable guess.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I think the art continues to improve. I think Casca feeling the heroic urge to return to the crew is a satisfying development.

The story continues to feel like somebody sitting on the fast forward button for these reboot chapters. But that’s okay, I guess.

Agree on all points. The panel featuring Zodd stands out to me since he appears to be ruminating in the background as opposed to kneeling before Griffith like the other apostles. Not a lot to go on... could be nothing in the end.