Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rynoto posted:

Breathedge already being tossed up for free is pretty funny and also not worth even that price.

I enjoyed my playthrough of it, but it seems like they didn't know what kind of hand they were making. At the end of the game it starts letting you do Subnautica style base building, but the game is pretty much over at that point so there's no point in building anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

repiv posted:

Breathedge and Poker Club are up on EGS

3 next week, Against All Odds, Horizon Chase Turbo, and Kao the Kangaroo

Don't forget your free hat dlc

quote:

Thank you for playing Poker Club! This free bundle includes 100,000 chips and a unique chicken hat.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The Kins posted:

Next batch of Twitchazon Primeazons announced

May 4 (groan): Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D, Super Sidekicks, Samurai Shodown IV
May 11: Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition, Lake, Robo Army, Last Resort
May 18: Kardboard Kings, The Almost Gone, 3 Count Bout, Alpha Mission 2
May 25: Lila’s Sky Ark (Legacy Games key), Agatha Knife, King of the Monsters 2, Kizuna Encounter

Did rogue squadron get a remaster, or am I thinking of pod racer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Escape Goat posted:

They're not really remasters, just ports for modern OSes and systems. And both got 'em.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Escape Goat posted:

Rogue Squadron was going to get a remake but it got cancelled. Pod Racer did get a very basic remaster.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I have a feeling I’m going to play a poo poo-ton of that Poker Club game. Haven’t even downloaded it yet but Poker Night 2 has been my go-to drunk game for over a year and I’ve heard every dialogue snippet in that game about a hundred times each by now. Looking forward to a new pretend poker experience and I hope there’s lots of achievements

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

SlowBloke posted:

I saw a let's play of it and the humor was dire. It was also gifted by amazon gaming in January so it's not the first time it gets tossed around.

I remember there being some controversy having to do with the dev.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

Breathedge and Poker Club are up on EGS

3 next week, Against All Odds, Horizon Chase Turbo, and Kao the Kangaroo

Breathedge is great I'm glad it's free now

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Kind of tempted to play Breathedge now that it's free. The general consensus I saw was that it's lovely Subnautica in space and there's a character named Dr. Libtard somewhere which sure isn't promising.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There were some lame jokes, but it's a fine game to play. Unless they changed it, it is very much not Subnautica until way later in the game. Like I said above, they give you the ability to build things and pretty much the next mission to do is jumping to the endgame area.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

I have a feeling I’m going to play a poo poo-ton of that Poker Club game. Haven’t even downloaded it yet but Poker Night 2 has been my go-to drunk game for over a year and I’ve heard every dialogue snippet in that game about a hundred times each by now. Looking forward to a new pretend poker experience and I hope there’s lots of achievements

Trip report, unfortunately I will not be playing a poo poo-ton of this game. I spent about 20-30 minutes last night trying to get into a game and wasn't able to play even a single hand. I couldn't tell if it was trying to matchmake me online or if it was stuck loading or what, but several times it had me just staring at a birds-eye view of a poker table frozen for minutes. After making a character (the lack of customizations there was laughable) and trying nearly every menu option with no success, I gave up. Too bad.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Isn't breathage the game where you literally fart yourself forward in space?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I tried to get friends to get Poker Club cause I thought it’s funny it had a character creator. It’s one of the worst I’ve ever seen and then I couldn’t even launch a game, it kept hanging or crashing. 10/10

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
This was posted in the adventure game thread:

Chairman Capone posted:

I haven't heard about it before, but there's an indy adventure game called Under the Moon that's free on GOG until May 1.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/under_the_moon

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

timp posted:

Trip report, unfortunately I will not be playing a poo poo-ton of this game. I spent about 20-30 minutes last night trying to get into a game and wasn't able to play even a single hand. I couldn't tell if it was trying to matchmake me online or if it was stuck loading or what, but several times it had me just staring at a birds-eye view of a poker table frozen for minutes. After making a character (the lack of customizations there was laughable) and trying nearly every menu option with no success, I gave up. Too bad.

roomtwofifteen posted:

I tried to get friends to get Poker Club cause I thought it’s funny it had a character creator. It’s one of the worst I’ve ever seen and then I couldn’t even launch a game, it kept hanging or crashing. 10/10

That's a shame; I was waiting last night for my 11GB poker game to download and didn't even get to try it.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I recommend Prominence Poker, it doesn't have as realism in the graphics but way more character and delivers all the things that you would expect. it's also free

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Kind of tempted to play Breathedge now that it's free. The general consensus I saw was that it's lovely Subnautica in space and there's a character named Dr. Libtard somewhere which sure isn't promising.

It's really better if you don't. The consensus is wrong. (in that's much much much worse) I regret experiencing that game.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 30, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSPT1I-KtyUGMSaQ2lhD0HnO742fiJE7n

Even mighty jingles, patron saint of lovely games, dropped it.
There is a vast sea of decent survival games you can play instead.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Epic free stuff: Horizon Chase Turbo (repeat), Kao the Kangaroo (3D platformer, also some DLC free stuff) and Against All Odds (looks to be a F2P Fall Guys clone).

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Teledahn posted:

It's really better if you don't. The consensus is wrong. (in that's much much much worse) I regret experiencing that game.

I played it for about an hour and...ugh.

Writing is unbearable, the AI companion never shuts the gently caress up and talks as fast as the voice actor can manage while delivering F-grade jokes one after another. Bad to nonexistent tutorial, most of the stuff you need is found floating in space but a lot of it isn't clearly identifiable as materials and just looks like scenery. Two quests in and they've already moved into a literal "make some dumb bullshit, who cares" crafting section. If you don't even care about your lovely game, why should I?

Not even worth installing for free.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The humor in Breathedge gives me the vibe of Portal, but with less charm

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Breathedge would be significantly better if it’s narrate by Glados.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nyaa posted:

Breathedge would be significantly better if it’s narrate by Glados.

Definitely would have a lot to say about your many many asphyxiations and hopeless flailing.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

mercenarynuker posted:

The humor in Breathedge gives me the vibe of Portal, but with less charm

its also not fun to float around in space? its what you mostly do and its not entertaining, at least it wasn't in the couple hours I played before dropping it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I might have just been really bored when I played Breathedge, but I had fun with it. I binged through it and had a decent time despite the bad writing. But I guess my brain thrives on "here's the next task" type games.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I've been rather uninterested in any free EGS game for weeks at least.
But they do have a mystery freebie in a little over 6h from now for some reason.
A bizarre release time for a freebie.

Possible clues?
i'm never good with those

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1656676173198524425

OgNar fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 11, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's in a week, not 6 hours

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Hotshot Racing is currently free on Fanatical, provided as a steam key

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Party Boat posted:

It's in a week, not 6 hours

On their free games page they have a mystery game timer that ends in 6h 21m.
Unrelated? Dunno

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

OgNar posted:

On their free games page they have a mystery game timer that ends in 6h 21m.
Unrelated? Dunno

That timer is in a Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds format

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

TGLT posted:

That timer is in a Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds format

Oh, well poo poo, im a dumbass.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I sincerely have no loving idea.

An ID/lanyard

A fan or destiny 2's arc element

A.... Flare?

It's Alan Wake 2. It's surprise launching as an epic exclusive free to play battle royale gatcha idle game.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Just based on the pictures I'd say the ID = iD and it's Doom Eternal with the other pictures being the slipgate and shotgun... except with Bethesda being owned by Microsoft that makes zero sense

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Epic Games bought Microsoft with their fortnite money.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The three symbols it landed on aren't clues, they're the icons that don't open the vault. It cycles through other icons, most of which point to Death Stranding

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're actually going to do the director's cut this time

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
But only if you didn't redeem the normal one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbN8doxXxg

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's MGSV! (ground zeroes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

2house2fly posted:

The three symbols it landed on aren't clues, they're the icons that don't open the vault. It cycles through other icons, most of which point to Death Stranding

Oh okay. Is that worth all this razzmatazz given they recently gave that away at Christmas? I wasn't able to get in on the accidental director's cut giveaway, but on the plus side I bought it in a recent humble monthly so I've been allowed to play it.