Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Digital Jedi posted:

gently caress Oliver North
But that episode was hilarious

It was amazing seeing Oliver loving North clock Alex's bullshit so effortlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Incredible interview and episode

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

The previous episode really got to me with Alex's rehashing of the trial and the handshake. Who knew that the palate cleanser I needed was Oliver North, of all people? Absolutely hilarious.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m not quite at “extreme critical support” levels for Oliver North nor will I be, but I will appreciate someone, at some time, verbally clocked Jones’ poo poo in and it was recorded. it was not the messenger but the message, that weird tiktok voice could have done the interview and I’d be just as jazzed.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Staggy posted:

The previous episode really got to me with Alex's rehashing of the trial and the handshake. Who knew that the palate cleanser I needed was Oliver North, of all people? Absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, Dan's timing on this could not have been any better. Great episode

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
North had the perfect approach for under cutting Jones' bullshit. Take what he said, ask the obvious follow on question, and treat him like an unruly toddler when he blithers out some childish bullshit that's not an answer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Didn't Ann Coulter do the same with more scoffing?

E: no one dislikes a con man more than another con man

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I don't know if I am -- or am not -- looking forward to the next few weeks of Alex doing revisionist history of this Oliver North interview.

It's noteworthy that the revisionism only happens when it is threatening to Alex's ego. When his callers turned on Phyllis Schlafly in the same way, it turned out a topic he was entirely willing to drop.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Checking in with a friend of the show:

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1652542765996343296

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Yeah I went to the ren-faire last weekend, that place was just infested with witches strutting around like they owned the place. It's not just Chicago :ohdear:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm working my way through older episodes and they've mentioned Russell Brand occasionally in passing before, but went into him a bit as being as bad as Alex in some ways in episode 662 and ..what? If they hadn't mentioned that he was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall I'd wonder if it was just about another guy with the same name. What the gently caress has he been up to? I vaguely recall seeing one of his specials years ago around the time of that film when he still did UK comedy stuff, but he always seemed like a bit of a hippy dippy weirdo who at least had good intentions regarding rehabilitation for addiction, views on personal identity etc. Has all that changed or something? Is it just a facade he uses to conceal right wing views? Or is he more of an extremist coming from left wing views as opposed to Alex's extreme right wing poo poo?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I can't remember who did a breakdown of Brand recently that I found informative (it was either QAnon Anonymous or Behind the Bastards with me leaning towards QAA, but I can't find the episode), but iirc it's that he's just gone further and further right into conspiracy poo poo as his shift to health guru has taken off

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
^edit: Yeah, quick google didn't seem to turn up anything as awful as Sandy Hook denial, so comparing him to Alex is probably a bit much. Just really :tinfoil: I think, which takes him to bad places and mostly interesting for being a wild rear end turn for him.

tsob posted:

I'm working my way through older episodes and they've mentioned Russell Brand occasionally in passing before, but went into him a bit as being as bad as Alex in some ways in episode 662 and ..what? If they hadn't mentioned that he was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall I'd wonder if it was just about another guy with the same name. What the gently caress has he been up to? I vaguely recall seeing one of his specials years ago around the time of that film when he still did UK comedy stuff, but he always seemed like a bit of a hippy dippy weirdo who at least had good intentions regarding rehabilitation for addiction, views on personal identity etc. Has all that changed or something? Is it just a facade he uses to conceal right wing views? Or is he more of an extremist coming from left wing views as opposed to Alex's extreme right wing poo poo?

Yeah, he was fine if maybe a little stupid for a while before going off the deep end. If someone has a more exhaustive breakdown of his views they can feel free to dive in since I've mostly got hazy memories and a quick skim of his recent Youtube video titles.

I think he was more a case of someone losing their mind over anti-Covid vaccine/lockdown stuff, and then that was a gateway drug. Shame since he was kind of decent as a person who could just talk somewhat normally/charismatically and seem sincere about homelessness and addiction stuff.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 1, 2023

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I remember people sharing a meme years ago with Brand and a supposed quote of him. It was him complaining about how people dismissed him for wanting to tax the rich when he was poor and again now that he is wealthy.

Since then, the memes of him have shifted to a conspiracy laden range that focuses on the “globalists” and I believe anti-vaccination.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’ve heard several comedians in podcasts describe having to perform after Brand at stand up venues. Apparently, Brand’s power move is to take a massive poo poo in the green room bathroom and not flush right before he goes on stage.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Dan and Jordan guest on this week's God Awful Movies. Dan suggested someone could use a "bricking", I love that he picked that up from Robert Evans on Behind the Bastards.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’ve heard several comedians in podcasts describe having to perform after Brand at stand up venues. Apparently, Brand’s power move is to take a massive poo poo in the green room bathroom and not flush right before he goes on stage.

Does he think people will go on stage busting for a piss or something? That just seems like it'd impact people's perception of him and not their immediate performance; especially when every venue will presumably have other toilets that they can just use anyway. Which suggests it's mostly impacting the staff who might have to declog the toilet if it's big enough or left long enough. Which is even more lovely of him.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Dan and Jordan guest on this week's God Awful Movies. Dan suggested someone could use a "bricking", I love that he picked that up from Robert Evans on Behind the Bastards.

The Pope’s Exorcist or has it not dropped on their main feed?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

The Pope’s Exorcist or has it not dropped on their main feed?

It hasn't dropped yet, that was last week's episode

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

It’s out now! I didn’t realize the patron feed was early for this one.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Sneaky Snake Episode out now!

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1653842951217242112

edit: its not showing on Apple podcasts yet. Here's the libsyn

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/803-mark-bankston-tapestry-king

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

gently caress yes I want an hour and a half with Mark Bankston.

Brighten the gently caress out of my afternoon.

Hells yeah.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
The first 15 minutes is a solid Doughboys episode. Pretty good.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What’s this I hear of Steven Crowder going on Info Wars?

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
That could mean a few things. Either Alex senses blood in the water and is love-bombing Crowder as a ploy to manipulate him. ... or, Crowder's messy divorce has forced him into a position where he needs to maintain a media offensive, and he paid Jones for the full package.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Morroque posted:

That could mean a few things. Either Alex senses blood in the water and is love-bombing Crowder as a ploy to manipulate him. ... or, Crowder's messy divorce has forced him into a position where he needs to maintain a media offensive, and he paid Jones for the full package.

The messy divorce is where my thinking is

3. Alex wants the opportunity to agree with someone about divorce

4. Alex wants to be the one with a comparatively reasonable take on domestic partnerships.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I doubt Alex would really care if case #4 were true or not. For as much as Dan did not care for the SPLC's handling of things, the only qualitative difference between Jones and Crowder is that Jones's abusive-turn-controling behavior towards his current wife wasn't caught on recordable media. (Yet.)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Morroque posted:

I doubt Alex would really care if case #4 were true or not. For as much as Dan did not care for the SPLC's handling of things, the only qualitative difference between Jones and Crowder is that Jones's abusive-turn-controling behavior towards his current wife wasn't caught on recordable media. (Yet.)

Oh it’s definitely not true, and I don’t know that he can succeed at even giving that image, I just see a failing man grasping and am approaching from that angle. People are talking about Crowder far more than they are him.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/theCJS/status/1653891458209050628?s=20

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3akb73/alex-jones-would-like-you-to-know-he-was-brutally-pranked-by-a-guy-pretending-to-be-tucker-carlson

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 4, 2023

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Just listening to the start of the :devil:666:devil: episode, and who the hell was writing in saying that Jordan needs to shut up? <:mad:>

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

tsob posted:

Just listening to the start of the :devil:666:devil: episode, and who the hell was writing in saying that Jordan needs to shut up? <:mad:>

Me.

But only about banjoes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

quote:

As is his wont, Jones managed to connect a guy asking if his refrigerator was running, more or less, to the end of days. “World War Three has begun,” he claimed, inaccurately.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I have a stupid schoolgirl crush on Bankston, man oozes this odd little charisma in his Skyrim garden.

Once this is all officially over settled and done (so maybe a decade from now) I do want him having the KF-Jordan experience of having to endure an episode of Infowars.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm kinda torn here.

I mean obviously Alex getting humiliated, no problems there!

On the other hand I've always hated prank phone call 'humour' and using AI voices to do it just makes it worse.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

I'm kinda torn here.

On the other hand I've always hated prank phone call 'humour' and using AI voices to do it just makes it worse.

For me, the annoying thing about it is that Alex can say that he was tricked by a deep fake and for once he'll be right.

Then he'll pivot to claiming that it happened because the globalists were targeting him and he'll go back to being wrong, but still

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
If Alex accuses Bankston of having a Satanic altar in his house, we’ll know he listens.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Deptfordx posted:

I'm kinda torn here.

Yeah, especially since the funnier play here I think, if your gonna deepfake Tucker Carlson, is ask Alex to be booked and see what happens when Tucker says he never called to be booked on his show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, especially since the funnier play here I think, if your gonna deepfake Tucker Carlson, is ask Alex to be booked and see what happens when Tucker says he never called to be booked on his show.

A heartfelt pep talk would be cruelest.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Or just put cruelty and humor aside entirely and see how racist, misogynist etc. you can bait him into being when his guard is down. Or get him to talk about what he thinks of his show, his viewers, Putin etc. It's not legally binding, so getting him to admit a crime is pointless, but getting him to talk freely about his sincere beliefs or views isn't. It probably won't turn off many of his followers, but it'd be productive if it was even one frankly; especially when having that out there might stop others from falling down that rabbit hole in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, unless you’re a good improviser or crowd work comic, you’re not gonna do poo poo to Alex.

Though, I do think if you got him to “say, and” enough, you could get Alex to promote a father’s right to expose any unwanted infants.