Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
i am shocked that the white south african said some racist poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

god i want to punch bills face in

Getting a little violent, are we?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

seawater is drinkable if you are a chad and not a soyboy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

seawater is drinkable if you are a chad and not a soyboy

few understand this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
your body will turn the salt into extra seasoning for other foods if you let it get used to it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

water water everywhere so lets have a drink

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
The bluesky megathread is the posting singularity, the online equivalent of writing the one billion names of God and finding enlightenment. Frankly we should delete all other forms of social media and just have one giant ur-post.

PsychoInternetHawk has issued a correction as of 13:15 on Apr 29, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the anti-CRT stuff basically amounts to "we should only teach students the good things America did" which is really the position they should start from but they can't admit that America ever did anything bad in the first place so they're in a pickle

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I heard that instead of blue sky or twitter you can just not maintain a microblog of your life and also you could just keep your dumbfuck horseshit thoughts and opinions to your self

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Egg Moron posted:

I heard that instead of blue sky or twitter you can just not maintain a microblog of your life and also you could just keep your dumbfuck horseshit thoughts and opinions to your self

*Taps "NEVER log off" sign provided by Dril*

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Musk: God people need to have more kids grrrr
Also Musk: Drops parental leave at twitter from 20 weeks to 2

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

cauliflower is perhaps the most underrated vegetable, so good roasted in oil with salt + pepper

only good musk thread post.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZaleskiLuke/status/1652285455436595201?t=bkhqQjSwgicIrjISoLNPaA&s=19

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
If only marx hadn't planted the idea in her head that she exists and is valid, drat you, Karl marx

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Apr 29, 2023

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

when you have this many kids at least one of them is going to hate your guts, that's just statistics and you can't argue with math

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Niwrad posted:

He was offering like $20 billion more than the company was worth. wtf was the board supposed to do?

jack should have just begged elon to let him be ceo if he hated leaving that much, he could probably still do it now

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1652240922657316864 those expense reimbursements are 100% not gonna happen lmao

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1652240922657316864 those expense reimbursements are 100% not gonna happen lmao

isnt this illegal

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Neo Marx & Karl Matrix ftw

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal

thread title

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

those 8 employees are sure going to convince advertisers that twitter isn’t dead

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal

you won’t care

speng31b
May 8, 2010

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal

not directly, but if he uses it to present misleading data in certain contexts it would be

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal

uber_stoat posted:

thread title

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you won’t care

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

isn't that what the ryan guy did in "the office (us)" to shore up numbers for his bad website

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

your body will turn the salt into extra seasoning for other foods if you let it get used to it

now there's a superpower

anything you eat tastes perfectly seasoned

loving hell

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

now there's a superpower

anything you eat tastes perfectly seasoned

loving hell

It's called eating only when hungry

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

oh good, it seemed like we weren't getting leaks anymore, I was worried that he finally fired the last non-toady.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Coupland sure knows how to start an article

quote:

It’s interesting whenever Elon Musk’s name comes up and people begin discussing his accomplishments, such as the reinvention of money,

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Niwrad posted:

He's a massive narcissist who thinks Twitter (and social media in general) is far more important than it is.

Social media successfully broke the brain of every man woman and child that came into contact with it. Perhaps it's exactly as important as he thinks it is, just negatively important.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

quote:

Maher also pressed Musk, on two separate occasions, to explain what he calls the “woke mind virus,” which the multi-company CEO perceives as an existential threat to civilization. Each time, Musk appeared to struggle with the question, at first declaring that the “virus” was anything “anti-meritocratic” or suppressive of free speech, complaining that “you can’t question things.” He equated it to “cancel culture,” noting that Maher has often faced criticism for his commentary.

In the second exchange, when Maher asked where the supposed “woke mind virus” comes from, Musk stammered even more, then said, “I think it’s been going on for a while. The amount of indoctrination that’s happening in schools and universities is I think far beyond what parents realize.” He shared an anecdote about a friend’s high school-aged children only knowing that George Washington was the first president of the United States and a slave owner — but nothing else about him. “That is the woke mind virus, exactly,” Maher said, before lightly defending slavery as something practiced by many societies and endorsed in the Bible. He also failed to challenge Musk’s description of students learning historical fact as “indoctrination.”

Woke mind virus is when children high school kids only know about Charles Robert Swart that he was the first state president of South Africa and enforced apartheid.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal
has that ever stopped him before

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Woke mind virus is when children high school kids only know about Charles Robert Swart that he was the first state president of South Africa and enforced apartheid.

Well, back in my day we were taught that Washington was the first president of the US and had wooden teeth, nothing else.

Kids these days have it easy!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the anti-CRT stuff basically amounts to "we should only teach students the good things America did"

That wouldn't be enough material for even a single lecture

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
definitely going to lend my boss money when there’s a swarm of people outside the Titter building like Uncut Gems

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1563020169160851456?s=19

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Well, back in my day we were taught that Washington was the first president of the US and had wooden teeth, nothing else.

Kids these days have it easy!

he actually had real teeth

pulled from the mouthes of his slaves and made into dentures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

potato! posted:

isnt this illegal

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1649919372700565504