Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: Jordynne Grace vs. Masha Slamovich, Impact on AXS 4/27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku April 27th
HM
TMDK (Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste and Zack Sabre Jr) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis))
Just 1 Guy (DOUKI) vs Tetsuya Naito
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs Jet Setters (KUSHIDA and Kevin Knight) - IWGP Jr Tag Championships
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Just 1 Guy (Yoshinobu Kanemaru) - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship

Very fun show, although the main event ran a bit too long for a foregone conclusion

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs Jet Setters (KUSHIDA and Kevin Knight) - IWGP Jr Tag Championships
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Just 1 Guy (Yoshinobu Kanemaru) - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship

Very fun show, although the main event ran a bit too long for a foregone conclusion

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Bandido for the AEW International Title - AEW Dynamite 4/28

7thed. What a great run OC is having.

SG Bamboo posted:

HM: Catch 2/2 (Akira & TJP) (C) vs. Jet Setters (KUSHIDA & Kevin Knight) for the IWGP Jr. Tag Championships - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku 4/27

3rded, actually felt more like the main event than the main event did.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Enjoy Wrestling: Rites Of Spring 4/27/2023

HM Trish Adora & Jordan Blade vs Wasteland War Party (c) for the TJPW Princess Tag Team Championship

MOTY Edith Surreal vs MV Young (c) for the Enjoy Championship

I want to pitch this since I know not a lot of people watch Enjoy being kind of a lower tier indie promotion. The Main Event for this show is the culmination of 3 years of creating a progressive pro wrestling promotion in Pittsburgh. The atmosphere is unlike anything I've ever been at a live show short of the inaugural AEW Rampage show. Enjoy having to scratch a niche and survive when they started in the Pandemic with a crowd of people who by and large aren't hardcore wrestling fans. Most people I knew at this show were friends/comrades I've known from the activism scene here. They treated wrestling less something you had to critique and analyze and more something like a interactive performance.

The match between MV Young and Edith is special, you have MV, the king of Pittsburgh, champ for 600 days, being a fighting champion versus Edith who has become the keystone/heart of the promotion. This match is perfectly paced and MV was really smart at adjusting as the match went on. A lot of happy accidents for sure in this match and it doesn't drag or feel poorly paced at all. I go into wrestling matches with kind of a cold and analytical way of watching, I felt like at the beginning I knew how it was going to go, by 2nd or 3rd gear of this match I had no idea who was winning and was swept up with the rest of the crowd. This match made me act like a mark and made me realize how much fun that was. So yeah highly implore to check it out and to support Enjoy, a promotion that pays talent upfront and is a safe space for queer fans and talent to perform in an area that is sadly lacking in that on the indie scene.

You can watch both matches here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJi4dph2zqs

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 4/27

HM: Athena vs. Lady Frost
HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Rocky Romero
HM: Gringo Loco vs. Blake Christian
nth love being in the crowd with the reaction Lee got

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

HM
TMDK (Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste and Zack Sabre Jr) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis))

This feels like an understatement. I love Nobu but there is no loving way that match needed to go 30+ minutes. This is my single biggest complaint about New Japan. It's just so excessive.

Anyway, nth this one, but I'm also going MOTYC on Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira and TJP) (c) vs Jet Setters (KUSHIDA and Kevin Knight) - IWGP Jr Tag Championships

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

This feels like an understatement. I love Nobu but there is no loving way that match needed to go 30+ minutes. This is my single biggest complaint about New Japan. It's just so excessive.

Not an understatement, at least from my point of view. Feel like the match should have been winding up just before the 25 minute call but at least the crowd kept their energy up for the following 10 minutes and I wasn't just waiting for it to end. It wasn't nearly as dire as say Owens/Yano or Mutoh/Pretty much anybody, or even that Hiromu/Yoh match a couple of years ago that went 40 minues

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Trish Adora & Jordan Blade vs Wasteland War Party (c) for the TJPW Princess Tag Team Championship

You can watch both matches here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJi4dph2zqs

2nding both of these matches. Edith Surreal is going to be a very big deal imho; I'm waiting for her to get a match on AEW since I know she was trained by OC and Chuck Taylor.

Also 2nding the love for Enjoy. There's no shortage of wrestling around Pittsburgh but Enjoy manages to feel different from every other promotion. A lot of it's the venue; they can really play with the lighting and setup to give it a different vibe than a "bigger" local indie like IWC.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

achillesforever6 posted:

Nth, this was very good

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

achillesforever6 posted:

Nth

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

A Fancy Hat posted:

2nding both of these matches. Edith Surreal is going to be a very big deal imho; I'm waiting for her to get a match on AEW since I know she was trained by OC and Chuck Taylor.

Also 2nding the love for Enjoy. There's no shortage of wrestling around Pittsburgh but Enjoy manages to feel different from every other promotion. A lot of it's the venue; they can really play with the lighting and setup to give it a different vibe than a "bigger" local indie like IWC.
Yeah I was talking to the owners at the watch party last night and it's interesting how they don't want to cater to the Super Indie wrestling fans because stuff like IWC exists. They want lapsed fans or people that go "oh this is on Saturday night at Mr Smalls sounds cool" the big thing now is Mr Smalls is expensive to book but there is no middle ground between that and Stage AE other than High School gym and they don't want to run that since it loses the big aspect of Enjoy in presentation. They want their product to look polished and professional compared to other indies that just want banger matches

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

I'll Nth these

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
STARDOM All Star Grand Queendom 4/23/23

HM: Mercedes Money vs Mayu Iwatani
MOTYC: Giulia vs Tam Nakano

Hate having to wait for these to drop on Stardom World but worth it!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

4/27 ROH TV
HM: Athena vs. Lady Frost
HM: Brian Cage vs. Leon Ruffin
HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Rocky Romero
MOTYC: Gringo Loco vs. Blake Christian

Great matches

Edit: HM Samoa Joe vs James Gibson pure title. 4/27 RoH tv. Would have been wmotyc but bad production values dragged it down a bit, crowd white hot.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 29, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Rest of the stardom show from the 23rd of April (all-star grand queendom)

HM : slk and mai seira vs azm and mei Suruga

Hm : fuwa chan and hazuki v utami hayashishita and miyu amasaki

Motyc : himeka v maika

Hm : prominence v restart (verging on a motyc nom)

Motyc : saya kamitani v Mina Shirakawa

Motyc : syuri v chihiro hashimoto

Hm: Mercedes mone v mayu iwatani

All in all an excellent show. Mainevent was my motn but everything was excellent

Nth, plus MOTYC for Tam v Giulia. What a good show besides some weird finishes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

3rd. i will always watch an Edith match and i also am digging Enjoy. S tier youtube wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jeff Cobb/Great O-Khan vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Kosei Fujita, NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni, 29/04

Zack and Cobb are such a great combination, Fujita is growing so much in TMDK and O-Khan has a sword

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Aussie Open (c) vs. Mikey Nicholls/Shane Haste, NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni, 29/04

Aussie Open are THE tag team of 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Aussie Open (c) vs. Mikey Nicholls/Shane Haste, NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni, 29/04

Nth

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Aussie Open vs. TMDK (Nicholls & Haste) for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 4/29
HM: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Taichi for the KOPW Provisional Championship - NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 4/29

The two top matches on the card delivered exactly what I was expecting: good matches!

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
TJPW Climb Over '23, 22.04.23

HM: Daydream vs Daisy Monkey
HM: Magical Sugar Rabbits vs Pom Harajuku & Max the Impaler

both were fookin fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Taichi for the KOPW Provisional Championship - NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 4/29

nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I'll'll go MOTYC for both Shingo/Taichi and Aussie Open/TMDK

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb/Great O-Khan vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Kosei Fujita, NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni, 29/04

Zack and Cobb are such a great combination, Fujita is growing so much in TMDK and O-Khan has a sword

Price Check posted:

I'll'll go MOTYC for both Shingo/Taichi and Aussie Open/TMDK

Nth to both of these, very much enjoyed the show. Even the HoT match was better than usual

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Motyc shingo v taichi njpw wrestling satsuma no kuni 29/4

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Much like I was TJPW-pilled last year, I have been Dragongate pilled this year.

HM: Shun Skywalker vs. Yuki Yoshioka (c), Open the Dream Gate, DG Open the New Year Gate, 1/12
HM: Don Fujii, Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo, & Yamato vs. Kaito Nagano, Minorita, Ryu Fuda, & Yoshiki Kato, DG Open the New Year Gate, 1/12
HM: Kzy & Strong Machine J vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Junior, DG Open the New Year Gate, 1/12
HM: Jason Lee vs. Yoshiki Kato, DG Rey de Parejas, 2/3
HM: Hyo & Ishin vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Junior, DG Rey de Parejas, 2/3
HM: BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura vs. Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka, DG Rey de Parejas, 2/3

MOTYC:Dragon Dia & Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi & YAMATO, DG Rey de Parejas, 2/3

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Motyc shingo v taichi njpw wrestling satsuma no kuni 29/4

Yeah agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jeff Cobb/Aussie Open/Aaron Henare vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Mikey Nicholls/Shane Haste/Kosei Fujita, NJPW Road to Dontaku, 30/04

TMDK vs. UE has been the highlight of this tour

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

HM: Jeff Cobb/Aussie Open/Aaron Henare vs. Zack Sabre Jr./Mikey Nicholls/Shane Haste/Kosei Fujita, NJPW Road to Dontaku, 30/04

TMDK vs. UE has been the highlight of this tour

Just think, Shane Haste could have been locking Reggie in a cage while yelling "Crikey!" right now.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress it I'm gonna nominate all the matches from the latest ChocoPro for HM

ChocoPro #308 04/30
Ichigaya Chocolate Square

HM
Chie Koishikawa & Baliyan Akki vs Choun Shiryou & KOJIO

Shivam vs Shin Suzuki

Emi Sakura & Hagane Shinno vs Mei Suruga & Andruew Tang

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 8 April 30th
HM
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi and Rising HAYATO) vs Black Generation International (Kaito Ishida and Kotaro Suzuki)
Hokuto Omori vs Yuma Anzai
Shuji Ishikawa vs Shotaro Ashino

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A couple from Dragongate's Rey de Parejas on March 2.

HM: Daiki Yanagiuchi vs. Don Fujii

MOTYC: Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka vs. Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda, Rey de Parejas Final

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Bonk posted:

Defy Wrestling: The Realest - 4/8/23
This showed up on VK if you don't want to do the 7-day trial thing for Defy's site. More people need to check this show out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TJPW Inspiration 5/1

MOTYC: Gabai Ji-Chan vs. Mahiro Kiryu
HM: Sawyer Wreck vs. Hikari Noa

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

TJPW Inspiration 5/1

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

TJPW Inspiration 5/1

Nth to both.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro309 5/1

MOTYC: Emi Sakura Farewell Royal Rumble
Emi Sakura, Mei Suruga, Chie Koishikawa, Miya Yotsuba, Sayaka Obihiro, Tokiko Kirihara, Andruew Tang, Baliyan Akki

Really fun. Great layout for a Royal Rumble.
Like all the big ChocoPro multi-wrestler messes is a good intro point to the promotion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

TJPW Inspiration 5/1

4th, holy poo poo, that was loving incredible. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺