Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

We'll see if they pan out but the packers offensive youth movement means that even though next year Bakhtiari, Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander, and Aaron jones will have a combined 110 million dollar cap hit next year they are still 60 mil under the cap*

* will change to more like 40 mil assuming they pick up Jordan loves 5th year option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Speaking of the cap:

When Rodgers does the whole honorary one-day contract so he can retire a Packer, how much compensation does everyone think he'll demand before he signs the tender

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When the lions picked Hooker a commenter on the stream I was watching said "The lions draft looks awesome if you put the positions in reverse."

Top 5 in reverse

QB, DB, TE, LB, RB

Hope he take a FB on Day 3

Top 6 is even funnier

DT-QB-DB-TE-LB-RB

Danny LaFever fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 29, 2023

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In watching the LaPorta highlights its weird seeing a TE that breaks tackles.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Getting Fields help is good. Should have signed Zay Jones or some other semi-competent receiver used the 2nd on one of the many needs you have.

Corner and Safety were a need last year tbf.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Hockenson played like Peyton Manning on the field.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Draft pundits don't seem to like the bears picks on day 2.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abandoning Northwestern has consequences

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Draft pundits don't seem to like the bears picks on day 2.
Athletic went A-, B-, B, which seems pretty fair. PFN is higher on Pickens than Dexter but they and most of the other pundits I've seen love Stevenson. The most negativity I see is draftkings?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The biggest thing about draft prognostication is that prognosticators only get like maybe 2/5th's of the information that teams get. Tape, and combine measurements or whatever.

not to say teams don't do stupid poo poo, and can't be wrong.

But like a Draft Prognosticator doesn't know that Dexter was asked to read mirror and react, thus slowing his get off and limiting what is a hyper athletic dude's first step.

It's why the interviews and what the teams can put these dudes through at the 30 visits are so loving important.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the draftniks also think their mocks and expectations matter so even if the team does pick a good player you get stuff like "Its a safe pick I have higher ranked players at the position. C-"

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I just hope everyone drafting has fun

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this rb from texas looks like an absolute bulldozer.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Hell yea Packers picked the cheese guy from Auburn

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The important thing is if a person gives my team a bad draft score they are obviously incorrect or working off bad info

If they give them a good score then obviously they are smart and understand football

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There was a guy on tiktok who would go through draft grades from previous drafts. The consensus was that you could just use a random grade generator and be as accurate. Like people torching the Seahawls 2012 draft.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...e,15%20overall.

It seems like the Bears focused on these big athletic freaks that they think they'll be able to develop. I prefer that over the days of taking scrappy guys like Shea McClellin with low ceilings.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

I've seen a bunch of people say that he would have been one of the best backs in the country if he wasn't backing up Bijan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

The important thing is if a person gives my team a bad draft score they are obviously incorrect or working off bad info

If they give them a good score then obviously they are smart and understand football

This is respectively secondary and tertiary to the actual important thing, if a person gives a team I hate a good draft score, they're a loving moron.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if a guy gives a Northwestern Wildcat a bad draft score, they are put on my Enemies List.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

This is respectively secondary and tertiary to the actual important thing, if a person gives a team I hate a good draft score, they're a loving moron.

Important point

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1652361356975194112

Lions get a 4th for Swift, basically.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

2025, that's a long way away! But his career will probably be over by then anyway.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eagles gonna enjoy his talents for 6 to 8 games and then *insert lingering, non-specific joint injuries here*.

All kidding aside, I hope he’s okay and does well in Philly.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Scipiotik posted:

2025, that's a long way away!

Have to get in line behind the team that called dibs on Philly's 2024 fourth rounder :smug:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Lions -> Eagles pipeline remains strong. Happy trails bud.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
D'Andre is a cool player. Sucks it never quite worked out.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Does anyone know what Swift did to get the Lions to hate him? Drafted his replacement at #12 and then traded him for nothing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tyler scott looks cool

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sounds like he's very good at bllitz pickup, too, something the Bears running backs were lacking after letting Montgomery go.

This receiver they got from Cincinnati sounds like a pretty nice weapon for Fields, too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

fennesz posted:

Does anyone know what Swift did to get the Lions to hate him? Drafted his replacement at #12 and then traded him for nothing.

Got hurt all the time and was inconsistent when healthy. His potential as a pass catcher never got fully realized. But he had moments of brilliance.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm definitely digging the day 3 picks more than day 2 for Chicago

(Not that I hate the day 2 crew, but it's more "I'll see how those guys develop" than "I love those picks")

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Got hurt all the time and was inconsistent when healthy. His potential as a pass catcher never got fully realized. But he had moments of brilliance.

He also had the amazing ability of turning a 10+ yard run into a 4 yard run because he can't follow his blocks or hit holes consistently.

Staley lost his mind on him repeatedly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Danny LaFever posted:

He also had the amazing ability of turning a 10+ yard run into a 4 yard run because he can't follow his blocks or hit holes consistently.

Staley lost his mind on him repeatedly.

This.

He constantly, CONSTANTLY, kept looking for new lead blockers instead of just running straight forward for 6-12 more yards. It was infuriating.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

grats on not being a lion anymore swift

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1652140536843599873

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wisconsin loves a guy named "tucker"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

wisconsin loves a guy named "tucker"

Tucker + a cheese brand for a last name

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Happy enough positionally with the Vikings so far on Day 3. gently caress if I know anything about the players.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one i know from wisconsin would accept anything from kraft as "cheese"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

no one i know from wisconsin would accept anything from kraft as "cheese"