Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Dpulex posted:

Also if you need crevices to funnel players to game objectives, you are poo poo at designing levels.

the crevices and elevators are mostly to hide asset loading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I reckon there's at least one big game where that isn't the case and they did it because every other game had it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the crevices and elevators are mostly to hide asset loading

I think that’s why you need to wait for the cantina doors sometimes too. And the loading seems way longer than it should be…

This game needed a delay. I wonder if EA rushed it because they didn’t want to compete with Diablo 4 and FF16 in June

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think that’s why you need to wait for the cantina doors sometimes too. And the loading seems way longer than it should be…

This game needed a delay. I wonder if EA rushed it because they didn’t want to compete with Diablo 4 and FF16 in June

They really did step on their own dick releasing it like this. By the time they fix it those games will be out and nobody will be interested anyway.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol only 19% of people playing got the toilet flushing trophy in Greez’s cantina.

smh, all real gamers know they should always try to flush toilets in games.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

RatHat posted:

Probably because they wanted to ride the May 4th wave.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

It already had a delay like right before the original release date at the end of Feb, guess that’s as much as they were willing to do.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Really cool how force pull suddenly doesn’t work in a puzzle area where I need to force pull, and even reloading my save didn’t help.

Bugs! :downs:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Have they said “sith spit” yet in the new canon before this game? What a goofy rear end fake swear.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Really enjoying this. Taking my time in the first open planet. Everything in it has a cowboy'western vibe - the scenery, the locals, the enemies, the outfits, and so on. Somewhere between the Mojave Wasteland of New Vegas and the New Austin area of Red Dead Redemption.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Has anyone been able to successfully remap the controls to be more Souls-like?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Pops Mgee posted:

Have they said “sith spit” yet in the new canon before this game? What a goofy rear end fake swear.

I think I recall hearing it in one of the KOTOR games.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pops Mgee posted:

I could swear it was said in Rebels at some point, but now I'm not sure.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

gently caress you, Rancor, welcome to story mode. :colbert:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Seven hours in and finally met Zee, then spent another hour trying to figure out where the hell to go to get across the river

...turns out you need to go down to go up and kill Yet Another Giant Animal, but hey, found my first Force Tear and I can already tell the rest are going to be miserable affairs

Mullet Katarn's gonna have a lot of fun I can tell (so the hell was the point of preordering the deluxe when the best outfit in the game's already free...)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZeeBoi posted:

lol only 19% of people playing got the toilet flushing trophy in Greez’s cantina.

I didn’t even realize there was a toilet in the cantina

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Stoatbringer posted:

gently caress you, Rancor, welcome to story mode. :colbert:

There's no achievements locked behind difficulty. At least for now, enemies give the same XP regardless of difficulty. I have no problem turning down the difficulty for bullshit monster fights.

As for the game overall, there's so much to do. I have been playing this for a long time yesterday and today. I'm just now leaving Koboh.

A lot of attention to detail has been put in to this game. All the characters, cosmetics, enemies, levels. A ton of work has been put into this. It's a huge shame they shipped it before it was really ready.

This is also the best Star Wars product released since the Disney acquisition.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 29, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RatHat posted:

I didn’t even realize there was a toilet in the cantina

Same, but now that I know I will get that trophy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ZeeBoi posted:

I wonder if those trackers count players who got refunds.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s a refresher :colbert:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Having fun cutting people in half with my bright red mullet and beard

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

stev posted:

I wonder if those trackers count players who got refunds.

Refund! On PlayStation? Ha!

(It can happen but it’s under very specific circumstances.)

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

drat, I got killed by some big grabby guy on Koboh, but he didn't end up glowing when I went to hunt him down after, so I couldn't reclaim my experience. I was almost at the next skill point too :sigh:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

404notfound posted:

drat, I got killed by some big grabby guy on Koboh, but he didn't end up glowing when I went to hunt him down after, so I couldn't reclaim my experience. I was almost at the next skill point too :sigh:

I had that happen with the one of not Wampas.

edit: He wasn't glowing and there was no glowy spire. Not a big deal.

If you want a boring XP grind, go to the dam fast travel, and go around the cliff to the monster over there. Turn the difficulty down and kill it, use the meditation circle to respawn the monster, rinse and repeat.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 29, 2023

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

404notfound posted:

Was there no green glow on the ground either? I know when the Rancor ate me I had to walk over that to regain my XP.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I fired this up on my PC, windows 11, intel 9900k, 32 gb ram, rtx 3080ti, ssd. Lots of stutters, but that isn't the real problem, the real problem is the game is running at like 3% total cpu utilization. There is a single thread going, a single thread, that's it! I can only imagine how bad it must be on newer CPUs that have different core layouts like multi CCD ryzens or intels with E cores and P cores that can make stalls and core switches so much worse. Performance is not great, dips to 35 fps, peaks at 65 fps, but there is some hope just because none of the quality settings have any impact on performance because of that single cpu thread being a hard bottleneck. If they get more CPU cores going there should be quite a bit of performance on the table, the question is when they will get it. In this case it is somewhat saved by the older and relatively dumb monolithic design of the 9900k I have, its slow but once you get past the stutters it is consistent enough that it isn't entirely unplayable.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

At long last, my very own hipster Jedi

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Digital Foundry not pulling any punches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI6eAVvvmg0

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Okay, the missing glow just happened again with the second mogu. It probably wouldn't be too much effort to grind the experience back, but I'm getting annoyed with the bugginess. I think I'm going to wait for a first round of patches before I pick up the game again

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I had the same thing happen twice with the mogus. Annoying bug, but glad it wasn't just something I missed.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i want to like this game but it is basically unplayable on my pc

really frustrating, probably gonna shelve it for a few months so they can hopefully fix this goddamn mess

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a frame cap option in game on PC? I've seen screenshots, but can't find it anywhere on mine...

Edit: I'm losing my mind; it's literally right there in the digital foundry vid, but not in mine (PC, Steam if that matters). What secret am I missing here?

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 29, 2023

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I made it to the part where Merrin want's to show you something in the fire and it crashed there immediately 3 times in a row. Lots of stutters and crashes but it's been playable up to this point. 5800x3D w/4090.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

PageMaster posted:

Is there a frame cap option in game on PC? I've seen screenshots, but can't find it anywhere on mine...

Edit: I'm losing my mind; it's literally right there in the digital foundry vid, but not in mine (PC, Steam if that matters). What secret am I missing here?

Frame limiter only works in exclusive full screen maybe? Otherwise windows is driving.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

PageMaster posted:

thats for Fallen Order

dont know why anyone would need a frame cap for this game. the frame rate is so drat variable and terrible that it wouldnt do anything unless you capped it to like 15 fps

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't help but feel like Bode's name should be Captain Traitoro. Maybe I'm wrong but drat does he give off that air.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Bode?

huh, more like Chode

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Tickles my brain just right when a game rewards me for exploration and curiosity without it being obvious. :)

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Necrothatcher posted:

Has anyone been able to successfully remap the controls to be more Souls-like?

I sure hope so.

I'm constantly finding myself hitting R1 before remembering to use square for attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You can’t rebind to R1, according to a review I read (possibly the one linked in the thread)