Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

War and Pieces posted:

What's the best way to avoid deep striking mobs of 60 zombies I'm tired of getting stuck in tar pits!

Stop playing against vampires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I feel like a competitive army needs to do one of the following:
1. Reliably go first and get up the board on turn one
2. Have reserves with effective deep striking in the case of a tarpit
3. Be able to go over tarpits (fly, reposition jank, tons of small units you can't completely screen out, etc)

Otherwise you risk losing on a good boxing out play. There's always the option of having a list that blends so hard you can burn your way through it, but a good player can hold you out with suicidal screens.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1652251506710568961

WarFest has begun and with the 40k presentation finished, it's soon time for the Mortal Realms (and Middle Earth) to reveal its secrets.

One of them being a Stormcast.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/29/heads-will-roll-as-the-cursed-executioners-of-nagash-enter-the-wyrdhollow
First up is a Nighthaunt warband for Underworlds, the Headsmen's Curse.

Last box for the current season of WarCry is Nightmare quest, which pits Stormcast versus Flesh Eater Courts.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/29/pious-heroes-and-deluded-cannibals-come-to-blows-over-mismatching-chivalric-codes-in-warcry

And there's a roadmap for Warcry as well:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 29, 2023

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've given up on keeping up with Underworlds and got rid of all my stuff but that ghost warband is pretty sweet

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I will sell out my country for that warcry box

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I have actually been pretty disappointed with the Warcry season in regards to terrain. There is so much overlap in the terrain. It would have been nice if each set had explored a different area of the Gnarlwood and had more unique terrain. I mean, not as bad as Kill Team, but I am hoping the next "season" of warcry does not do quarterly releases and has more terrain variety.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I Like the idea behind having a cohesive terrain set throughout the releases, but yeah in practice it’s actually been kind of turning me off from buying many box sets. I like this pyramid though, but neither of the teams are really appealing to me off the bat…

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm probably gonna aim for the Warcry box on one basic reason: I need a Realmshaper anyway and I like this version of the cap on it, plus I want to reward ghouls that actually look good.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I'm skipping this one because I EXPECTED Slaanesh vs. SOMEONE (maybe Destruction) but instead some dink in a suit predicted that breaking the pattern and ignoring what Warcry is literally about would result on 0.002% boost in Q2 sales, so we got more stormsmen and a faction that even GW doesn't care about. Yay.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Shut da gently caress up

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I like that Nighthaunt got their own rules lawyer. Now we got a golden demon duel in the making

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Miles O'Brian posted:

I like that Nighthaunt got their own rules lawyer. Now we got a golden demon duel in the making

The Dwarf and the Ghost quoting rules at each other over a table of Warmaster miniatures.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking forward to whatever we see tomorrow.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Same. It's going to be quite early for me, but not like the 40k announcement.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Desfore posted:

I Like the idea behind having a cohesive terrain set throughout the releases, but yeah in practice it’s actually been kind of turning me off from buying many box sets. I like this pyramid though, but neither of the teams are really appealing to me off the bat…

I like the cohesive idea as well, just wish that they could have had less repeats throughout the boxes while keeping it cohesive. I think each set had the same scatter terrain, so you end up with like 8 sprues of the same scatter terrain.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/warhammer/status/1652613875617914880

One hour left until the AoS preview conference/event.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Our first AOS reveal iiiiiisss...

New Dawnbringer/Cities of Sigmar units. In this case the Freeguild Cavalier.

Speaking of which, the next narrative event will be called Dawnbringers and be about two crusades set out from Hammerfall into the realm of fire and life.
Not much else said other than one crusade will fail and one will succeed.

And new minis of course. First up we have a new character model for Fyreslayers, Maggotkin, Gloomspite Gitz and Flesh Eater Courts.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 30, 2023

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Please. I don't want to spend this money...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

What a surprise, every one of the characters are available in a Regiment of Renown box. :v:

Path to Glory rules will apparently be free.

THE GHUR SUPERDOME SUPERDOME SUPERDOME! GO PIG OR GO HOME!

So that tweet was definitely AoS related because they just announced the gigantic Ironjaw Maw-Grunta.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 30, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The mohawk flame dwarves are so so awesome lol.

When is the 'old world' announcement....

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
LOL the 'go pig or go home' video ruled.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL the 'go pig or go home' video ruled.

indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The 30k/Old World announcement isn't for another 1½ hours.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/the-courageous-cities-of-sigmar-cavaliers-charge-forth-to-reclaim-the-realms
Freeguild Cavaliers article is up for better model shots.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I was in the room and the Gloomspite character got the enthusiastic response by far. Everything is as it should be

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Praise be.

And for everyone else, here's the article with all four characters:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/four-warriors-of-grim-portent-usher-in-dawnbringers-the-next-chapter-of-the-age-of-sigmar

But also the next AoS roadmap:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Are we getting AoS 4? Is that what that Winter book is?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I need gobblapalooza so I'll be picking up that Gloomspite box for sure.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well at least they're make gobbapalooza easier to get. I swear 2/3 of the Gloomspite range has been temporarily unavailable since before the new army book dropped.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm really excited about those narrative books. Hopefully I can get a campaign going and buy them as a group :ninja:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Funzo posted:

Order tome maybe?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/30/move-over-gore-gruntas-the-maw-grunta-is-a-humongous-hog-whos-here-to-slay

Gorkamorka? More like PORKAMORKA!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah I can't imagine that's how they'd tease a new edition. Maybe it'll be the long rumored Shadow Elves of (not)Malekith.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Funzo posted:

No, AOS4 will be next summer.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
winter book gotta be FEC. no way ghoul boys get passed over again

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

peer posted:

winter book gotta be FEC. no way ghoul boys get passed over again

Not with the sheer weight of new ghouls they’ve announced this weekend, it’s gonna be FEC.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Why are the ghouls so boring looking, when their background is so cool. They should look like twisted parodies of the medieval caste system.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why are the ghouls so boring looking, when their background is so cool. They should look like twisted parodies of the medieval caste system.

Bad legacy designs from Oldhammer, it’s why I’m hype for the new models where the leadership actually is trying their best to do fancy outfits with meat and bone.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Geisladisk posted:

No, AOS4 will be next summer.

That does make more sense. I wasn’t watching the stream and panicked a little.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I guess we're due AoS 4th soon, but feels odd when not all of the books are out and I'd hope they'd not do another 40k 9th to 10th thing and let those simmer for a while.
But my best guess is we'll hear something about that at the end of the year once the narrative series has wrapped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Wait, how many Dawnbringer books are going to be? Some were saying that 12 or that 12 factions will get support, so maybe the series will last until the start of 4th edition.