Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I do find it funny that, after having its best collective rushing season since before 9/11, both starting RBs for Detroit are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears drafted penei's brother

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1652378382787567616?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

JenniferLawrenceWaterSpitLaugh.gif

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

surf rock posted:

Alright, got some theories about what the Packers are doing with their ten (10) remaining picks:

Well, on-track so far:

- Safety x2
- Offensive tackle
- Running back
- Tight end <-- Tucker Kraft
- Quarterback <-- Sean Clifford
- Kicker
- Defensive line <-- Colby Wooden
- Interior o-line
- Wide receiver <-- Dontayvion Wicks

Lots of picks left to go though! Apparently the knocks on Clifford are that he's inaccurate and doesn't read the field well, like a miniature Jordan Love. That's fun.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 29, 2023

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Have to get in line behind the team that called dibs on Philly's 2024 fourth rounder :smug:

A fourth for nearly nothing. I wonder who else was calling to move up or if they bluffed and just said ok thanks for the free pick.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I hope they facetimed Love before drafting Clifford.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Pops Mgee posted:

I hope they facetimed Love before drafting Clifford.

Jordan Love status: DISGRUNTLED

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears drafted penei's brother

Cornering the market on much shittier brothers of guys on the Lions...this is how you build a team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1652380136891731973?t=I6AUZP9_qmkp2RN1E-j2jA&s=19

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Tucker + a cheese brand for a last name

https://twitter.com/TuckerKraft/status/1652253266200215554

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/JacobMorley/status/1652380600559366148

This makes me feel better about the pick.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It was a fifth round pick, what did you expect?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Srsly, if they wen the traditional route and got a veteran QB, there'd be a QB controversy if the Packers got off to a rough start.

They need a guy who can't possibility be better than Jordan Love to back him up. :stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/itszacharyj/status/1652388965792595971

Lol he wiped it.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 29, 2023

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Something other than a QB that most mocks I've seen had as a UDFA?

It made me feel better that they saw something specific in him they wanted where they didn't want to risk him going to some other team/undrafted.

Already gone. Social media team making moves.

Shrimpy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 29, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shrimpy posted:

Something other than a QB that most mocks I've seen had as a UDFA?

It made me feel better that they saw something specific in him they wanted where they didn't want to risk him going to some other team/undrafted.

I mean it's a mid-fifth pick and we had 7 more picks to go after that. I'm not especially rustled.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We're deep into the "I barely know anything about half of these guys so who knows what's a good pick or not" part of the draft

Realistically that's the entire draft, but it's extra true on day three

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Happy 40th Birthday Jay Cutler :toot:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Paul_Bretl/status/1652416881066905601

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

This kicker seems loving terrible lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
This Packers draft sure is something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s a pretty good draft.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Inside the Packers War Room

Ryan Gutekunst: let's draft bad players instead of good ones.

Mark Murphy: that's genius. I knew I was right to hire you despite literally nobody else wanting to.

Matt Lafleur: I'm gay.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like the draft so far but these QB and K picks are baffling.

At least it's fairly easy to tell if a kicker sucks in training camp.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

surf rock posted:

This kicker seems loving terrible lol

Yeah but what kind of car does he drive?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I'm gonna be shocked if we don't resign Amos after the draft.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like the draft so far but these QB and K picks are baffling.

At least it's fairly easy to tell if a kicker sucks in training camp.

Yeah, but you could sign any number of kickers after the draft as UFAs. Especially of that quality.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s a 5th and a 6th. You will be lucky if either player is on the team in two years regardless

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s a 5th and a 6th. You will be lucky if either player is on the team in two months regardless

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Is he?
That would unfortunately own if he did

E:it got auto corrected but i think it's kinda funny so I'm leaving it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

So you're saying I have a shot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Players on the Green Bay Packers:
  • Love
  • Romeo
  • Valentine

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Players on the Green Bay Packers:
  • Love
  • Romeo
  • Valentine

After a few years with Dix I guess they decided to pursue something more emotionally fulfilling.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

These kind of moves are weird. Like just hire him as a coach. I don't think anyone was going to draft him anyway.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Niwrad posted:

These kind of moves are weird. Like just hire him as a coach. I don't think anyone was going to draft him anyway.

Coaches are more expensive, uh, probably?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fennesz posted:

Coaches are more expensive, uh, probably?

Rookies are paid a minimum of $750,000.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Hello NFC North thread. What in the world is the Vikings draft strategy? It feels like they are setting up to extend Cousins for a few years or bottom out after he leaves in 2024.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Brrrmph posted:

Hello NFC North thread. What in the world is the Vikings draft strategy? It feels like they are setting up to extend Cousins for a few years or bottom out after he leaves in 2024.

Kirk Cousins is a perfectly servicable QB.

If the Vikings defense wasn't absolute hot loving garbage that Vikings team was a really really really good team.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bears drafting everywhere but where they need to.
Trade Fields, for his own protection and draft a new QB next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dog, their defensive pass rush was negative last year. they had by far the worst defensive front in the League.

They are drafting specifically where they need to.

They don't have an Edge, but there are a number of edges who are available right now, in free agency who would be good