Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

To the goons who I played and lost two ARAM games with the other day, I'm actually not bad at this game I swear.

those are some drat good gazlowe numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

I got sucked back into this again after few months, mostly ARAMs like everyone else, still my favorite MOBA since Dota but I'm gonna drop an unpopular opinion:

Same Hero ARAMs suck, like really really bad, they devolve into unfun slogs that last 35 minute or more! (All Murky uuuughh)

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Issakhar posted:

I got sucked back into this again after few months, mostly ARAMs like everyone else, still my favorite MOBA since Dota but I'm gonna drop an unpopular opinion:

Same Hero ARAMs suck, like really really bad, they devolve into unfun slogs that last 35 minute or more! (All Murky uuuughh)

I am glad it happens sometimes, and don't want it removed again. That said, yeah some of them get old before they're over. Plz no more all probius for awhile, I'm getting worse not better at it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Issakhar posted:

Some are fun, others are a slog. I don't know the odds of it occurring but it seems relatively low, something like one out of every 20 games. The all Imperius match I had the other day was a great time, the all Illidan one not as much.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Issakhar posted:

"Crazy Mode" should be much rarer than it is. It's currently a 5% chance, that poo poo should be a 1% chance.

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Kith posted:

"Crazy Mode" should be much rarer than it is. It's currently a 5% chance, that poo poo should be a 1% chance.

I should disclaim that I played a ridiculous amount of matches last week so I was going to hit the Crazy Mode jackpot at some point but I was just reaaally salty because on Saturday I got 3 out of 5 games in one evening hehe

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
We won an All Zuljin game because one of ours was clever enough to never get killed and their entire team took the Takedown quest. Otherwise their reach would have been far too punishing.

In general, there doesn’t seem to be a great character for a quick ARAM when it’s only that character. An issue to be sure, since I’m playing ARAM for quick games.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Nybble posted:

In general, there doesn’t seem to be a great character for a quick ARAM when it’s only that character. An issue to be sure, since I’m playing ARAM for quick games.

All Valla was over pretty quick. Players exploding left and right because nobody has any health and everyone does massive burst damage, we got an early lead and turned it into a steamroll.

Most of the healers are disabled for crazy mode but Anduin is still in, that might drag on for a while if everyone is constantly being healed back up. All the tanks besides Mei are disabled as well so they at least made some consideration towards making the matches faster.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Typically the best heroes to do crazy mode with have very high damage but very low health, so it turns into a game of dodgeball. Falstad, Jaina, Kael, Li Ming, and Nova are all good times. Junkrat too, really.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Alright, I think I found the worst one.

Everyone loves a 40 minute ARAM game. 20 kills ahead and we still lost.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Chen is still king poo poo for bullying and displacing. Yolo in and give zero fucks about dying, roll the healer or assassin right into your whole team or a corner. Laugh while you shield yourself and your whole team from damage.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Started the day with a solo queue qm as healer to complete quests. If you're gonna solo qm, healer seems the best idea, even if your team sucks as long as you follow them around and heal its not your fault when you inevitably get crushed.

It was of course quickly an inevitable loss, but thankfully only took 15 minutes. I was glad to get back home to ARAM, but it was an all Illidan match. I don't ever play him so I was expecting the worst, but my teammates gave helpful talent advice and I was able to get MVP as we swept red team and dove to victory!

Illidan was actually super fun, but I suspect it's because there was no CC or blinds. Sweeping strike talents made him great in the team fight dog pile, using his leaping dive to position or escape.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

illidan's Sixth Sense is absolute loving bullshit and easily one of the strongest talents in the game lmoa

"would you like to stop taking damage? honk once for yes, you loving clown"

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Holy crap, 8 years late but TIL that Kharazim's Air Ally doesn't reveal Zag's creep?!

I think he's one of my most played supports in Quickmatch but tonight I was trying to shutdown Zag's shenanigans on the side lanes in ARAM, so I thought I'd pick Air since we had a second healer on the team but I was left dumbfounded with this talent, it already feels pretty weak with its limited area :psyduck:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
All Random All Murky is the best game of HotS I've ever played, might have to just quit because I will never reach that high again.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

hopefully they fix it in the next patch

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

I love murky... when I'm playing butcher or artanis or alarak and such.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

BRJurgis posted:

I love murky... when I'm playing butcher or artanis or alarak and such.

*bubbles away from you at a high rate of speed*

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Nybble posted:

All Random All Murky is the best game of HotS I've ever played, might have to just quit because I will never reach that high again.

Kevin Bacon posted:

hopefully they fix it in the next patch

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/23999073/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-september-20-2023

quote:

ARAM

Reduced the chance of everyone being forced to select the same Hero from 5% to 2%.

:rip:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Can't be too mad about the change, I like the same heroes ARAM matches but it seems like at least one person on my team will leave every time. Won an all Lunara match the other day because only one person on our team left while two or three left on the opposing side.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
After playing on my main blizz account for years, got sick of + or - 25 ranked points when winning or losing and being b5 forever, so made an alt account just to see where my skill level actually is after grinding back to lvl 50 to be able to play ranked again.

Anyone interested in a goon friend exchange to start a proto guild type thing? Figure we've all being playing years and the game hasnt changed that much recently.

I WILL GET HIGHER THAN GOLD RANK IN A BLIZZARD GAME (whats wrong with me why do i care about meaningless colour and number oh god)

Desdinova#3946 in Europe servers if anyone feels like making my friends list not empty and wants to play - not actually in Europe at the moment so playing all sorts of crazy days and nights.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Had a match on Warhead earlier that went to 48 minutes and level 30 on both sides. If that's not a new record for my longest, it's drat close. I was on Imperius and played like poo poo, but we won in the end thank goodness.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yeah, Warhead is like that. Unlike other maps where the objective wins for you, Warhead's just kinda... sucks. And the objective can be countered if you simply Teamfight hard enough. Plus it's the biggest map in the game, so getting anywhere takes for-loving-ever.

I wonder when they'll patch it. :v:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

We had a competent Ragnaros on our side, and that alone definitely kept us in the match a lot longer than we would have been otherwise. He did 750k siege damage that game.

Even with its flaws, I will 100% take Warhead over Battlefield of Eternity or Blackheart's Bay any day. It doesn't feel that bad to me since they removed the south boss and added the teleport tunnel instead.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The design of Ragnaros is so bad it's upsetting - two of his Basic Abilities are effectively dead, his Ultimates are choices between "janitor the lanes" and "extremely specific skillshot that will make or break teamfights", and his Trait exists to counter Objectives (and rarely is it any good at doing so, given the positioning and timing it requires). He's a Bruiser that can't do any bruising because they nerfed his sustain into near-uselessness and is best played as a tricky backline caster, but the matchmaker still treats him as a beefy frontline and will do strange things to your team composition as a result.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Back from the grave?

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/24017507/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-october-23-2023

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Microsoft finalized the Activision Blizzard deal and is immediately pouring billions of dollars into Heroes of the Storm

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Blizz hired new interns

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Quite a few Bug Fixes that are nerfs and buffs. Enormous Dehaka buff in particular.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
With Blizzcon happening next week and the Microsoft deal closed… it’s going on Gamepass with all characters free, isn’t it?

Regardless it’s nice to see that they are fixing up some base engine level stuff around reveal

Issakhar
Sep 10, 2009

Kith posted:

Quite a few Bug Fixes that are nerfs and buffs. Enormous Dehaka buff in particular.

I'm still super salty for the Samuro "bug fix" that disabled image transmission after tp, to this day I still have the reflex action when laning for ez heal :smith:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Why does this need a PTR ?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nobody's touched the code in a year in a half, I'd be cautious too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

skipThings posted:

Why does this need a PTR ?

not familiar with HOTS are you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nybble posted:

With Blizzcon happening next week and the Microsoft deal closed… it’s going on Gamepass with all characters free, isn’t it?

Regardless it’s nice to see that they are fixing up some base engine level stuff around reveal
going on gamepass, all characters free, and theyre gonna add master chief. calling it

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Endorph posted:

going on gamepass, all characters free, and theyre gonna add master chief. calling it

jesus christ we're gonna get Pip-Boy before Blackthorne ever comes to this game

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Turns out it's actually a reverse takeover and the company is now called 'Murkysoft'

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Endorph posted:

Raynor with a Master Chief skin who pulls out an energy sword for melee attacks, Banshee for the Raider, and a Shortsword bombing run. Day 1 purchase

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

turns out this was just all a long game plot by bungie to get master chief in heroes of the storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

turns out this was just all a long game plot by bungie to get master chief in heroes of the storm

:hmmyes:

I need to start playing again. I miss this game :smith:.