Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

kemikalkadet posted:

Did they shoot down 3 Cessnas with that thing?
Yeah but cessnas aren't worth many victory points so they're way behind the Russian s-300 with a 777 stenciled on the side in the race to a domination victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

SirTagz posted:

How do they update this kill-list when they shoot for example another plane down? Color it all over and start from scratch? It seems so impractical - why not just have a bunch of stars or turds or whatever and not differentiate between kill types? Makes me doubt this is legit. I am sure there are S-300-s out there that have shot down Russian poo poo but that list seems strange to me

I imagine some bored soldier went through the log books or whatever and painted them all on there at once.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

He's [...] Armenian genocide denier.

Tbf that's most of them

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

kemikalkadet posted:

Did they shoot down 3 Cessnas with that thing?
Looks like Orlan drone

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

A truly terrible weapon was unleashed onto a Ukranian MG dugout.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/1332pug/ukrainian_military_uses_their_wits_to_regain_the/

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

SirTagz posted:

How do they update this kill-list when they shoot for example another plane down? Color it all over and start from scratch? It seems so impractical - why not just have a bunch of stars or turds or whatever and not differentiate between kill types? Makes me doubt this is legit. I am sure there are S-300-s out there that have shot down Russian poo poo but that list seems strange to me

They are not all in order. Theres a break between missles and helicopters. Still seems kind of outrageous getting that many helis or planes in a row. But we arent there so shrug.

Ps. No i dont know history. Yes i make it up as i go along. And yes im a dumb dumb most of the time. Sometimes i want to just post.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

BrassRoots posted:

They are not all in order. Theres a break between missles and helicopters. Still seems kind of outrageous getting that many helis or planes in a row. But we arent there so shrug.

It is in order, it just starts on the bottom right and loops around.

It's either fake or was done all at once.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

EasilyConfused posted:

It is in order, it just starts on the bottom right and loops around.

It's either fake or was done all at once.

If it starts on bottom right and loops around then either the missiles or helicopters are not in order. I actually don't know if it's fake or not, but it doesn't seem like "they're all in perfectly grouped order" is a clue, since either way you draw them, either the missiles or helicopters are interrupted. Now they likely probably just drew them all on at once either way, fake or not.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 30, 2023

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7226945662879862062

lol:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I just want to thank the bio-engineered super soldiers for their service. Thank you bio-engineered super soldiers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man why the hell does the US even still have military recruiters taking about pay and healthcare when they could just tell highschoolers they can turn into bio-engineered super soldiers???

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Man why the hell does the US even still have military recruiters taking about pay and healthcare when they could just tell highschoolers they can turn into bio-engineered super soldiers???

Because that's just as much of a trap and a lie as what's offered in reality?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I literally lold

Barudak
May 7, 2007

madeintaipei posted:

Because that's just as much of a trap and a lie as what's offered in reality?

Bio-Engineered Super E-1 Janitor

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

That’s no bioengineered super soldier that’s my wife!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Bio-Engineered Super E-1 Janitor

Arnold Rimmer (BSC, SSC) Second Technician, Z-shift.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Toxic Mental posted:

Here's some news that hopefully comes true:

https://www.newsweek.com/prigozhin-wagner-russia-ukraine-1797485

Might be being dramatic but we can always hope it's partially true at least

I'm not saying this isn't 100% a good thing but wouldn't that lead to lot of unemployed mercenaries in Africa?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Russian officers getting bivouwhacked.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Lammasu posted:

I'm not saying this isn't 100% a good thing but wouldn't that lead to lot of unemployed mercenaries in Africa?

Can't imagine they'd blend in well no matter where they ended up on the continent.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lammasu posted:

No the demand for mercenaries will remain the same.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

Here's some news that hopefully comes true:

https://www.newsweek.com/prigozhin-wagner-russia-ukraine-1797485

Might be being dramatic but we can always hope it's partially true at least
Prigozhin "warns". Warns who? Oh right, the shitlords in charge of the invasion.

:lmao:

From being an "elite" force to becoming a skidmark.

Good. gently caress 'em.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1652384385188917249
Russians urgently found new reasons to be as far away as possible from Crimea today.

That footage is from October 2022. You can tell because the video below and the Tweet both have the same kid with a green shirt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVn9R3UqxA

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The Crimean Bridge traffic jam stuff is trotted out after every noteworthy strike in the peninsula. While I'm typically fine with such propaganda, the repetition gets a little old.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Those dudea need to SebastoPULL their head out of their asses and go home

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

shadow puppet of a posted:

That is just perfectly normal levels of traffic departing happily from the Super Saturday Sevastapol Samovar Swapmeet where thousands of samovars are traded, polished and exchanged between normal happy russians.

I can second this post.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Whenever Wagner's not on the battlefield, all the other armies should be asking "Where's Wagner"?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

in other words, military intelligence

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Typical capitalist decadence, they create an engineered supersoldier and first thing they do? Rent it to some TV show as a prop

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/un_a_valeable/status/1652544655655944193
Would you mind shutting up? In what way is using guided missiles to kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure a "humane" way of fighting, never mind the torture chambers found with disturbing regularity on liberated territory?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Wherein the relative "humanity" of different wars is quantified by an aging doomer

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Russia is acting more humanely because unlike 20 years ago I can't read about the news of Russian atrocities because I'm now too old to go online.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

zone posted:

Would you mind shutting up? In what way is using guided missiles to kill civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure a "humane" way of fighting, never mind the torture chambers found with disturbing regularity on liberated territory?

I doubt that’s even the argument, just “tsk tsk, don’t judge Russia because the U.S. was worse!”

What a presidential scholar

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Really people should have stopped paying attention back when the headlines were "Khmer Rouge is fighting more humanely than the US"

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

zone posted:

The American invasion of Iraq was rife with torture and destruction of civilian lives and infrastructure, so Chomsky opposed it.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine is rife with torture and destruction of civilian lives and infrastructure, so Chomsky defends it.

Makes perfect sense to me!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

Wow thanks rear end in a top hat, really makes me feel better about all the dead and tortured people!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Storkrasch posted:

The American invasion of Iraq was rife with torture and destruction of civilian lives and infrastructure, so Chomsky opposed it.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine is rife with torture and destruction of civilian lives and infrastructure, so Chomsky defends it.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Not rife in the sense of a torture basement being set up in every village as a matter of procedure and used on a random selection of people explicitly believed to be harmless.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Ah Chomsky the great thinker, trotting out crap like a Guardian article (comment) poster levels of whataboutism. Smh

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 1, 2023

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Strategic Tea posted:

Not rife in the sense of a torture basement being set up in every village as a matter of procedure and used on a random selection of people explicitly believed to be harmless.

The US certainly tortures with more finesse, but all 50 black sites and dozens of mobile sites were probably not great places filled to the brim with defense attorneys and human rights organisations.

Russia probably uses torture as a form of terror more than the US does, but I don't think either side needs to be defended by someone like Chomsky. It strips him of any sliver of credibility he still had.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lmao Chomsky. It’s like when I read tankies going to bat about azov vs wagner. Both poo poo groups but then having a nazi scale to wash wagner clean and give them the thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Adolf Glitter posted:

Ah Chomsky the great thinker, trotting out Guardian article poster levels of whataboutism. Smh

Have you got a link any articles like that? I don't think I've seen a single guardian article taking that stance, they're all pretty firmly anti-war.