Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

JcDent posted:

So what provenance(s) would be best for depicting these guys? Military Elite + legacy of BS4?

That looks a lot like the Urslavik 12th and/or Geno Five-Two Chiliad, so gene-crafted feels mandatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Decided to put together a few more guys and see if I'm ready to come back. Did a height comparison with the last squad I assembled and, well... I'm glad the left guy is a recon marine, all right.

(the Tortuga body was originally going to be for a heavy support squad, but when I found out MkVI heavy weapons aren't compatible that got scrapped; now I have two full 10-man squads of volkite charger TSSes with chainswords to paint at some point, while the heavy weapons go on standard Mk III...)

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

More Night Lords!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:nice:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been going through my LVO stuff and bringing the models past tabletop. Here's my fave from the first batch

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those look like some nice fellas

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

while baby is asleep, daddy gets to hobby

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah

Also nice to see more tuga in the wild :)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Some cross-posting, and not even my miserable camerawork can diminish this purple metal flake.

I think this is how I'm going to lean with tanks - having it peel and weather adds some badly needed visual interest, or it looks like a 70s bowling ball.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I like it!

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
That aged ivory on the shoulderpad is excellent.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks! Now I'm eager to start on the other vehicles.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Little walking guy. Always left behind by all the jump pack people in his command.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Hopes/predictions for this weekend's reveals?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hope: sisters of silence jetbikes, apothecaries and melee/ranged weapon upgrade sprues

Expect (optimistic): box set with plastic mk5 or mk2 despoilers/assault marines and land speeder proteus

Expect (realistic): plastic sicaran omega/arcus upgrade sprue

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
I just want the Epic 30K rumors to be true. Epic Heresy, but Official and Supported and Actually Played is all I want and all that I need.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hopes: anything that isn't loving Mk 6
Reality: IF and SoH special characters for the new campaign book, a FW kit goes LCTB, and another weirdly proportioned Mk.6 generic HQ model.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Major Spag posted:

Little walking guy. Always left behind by all the jump pack people in his command.

Fantastic work on this dude

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Endman posted:

Fantastic work on this dude

Thanks!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Pie in the sky: plastic infantry, Epic 30K
Hopes: Something not Siege of Cthonia
Realism: lol, it's just gonna be Siege

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd love to see any plastic kits for Mechanicum or SoS.

I'm expecting another weird Space Marine vehicle upgrade and a resin Mk6 centurion consul.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
There'll be some sort of minis, because they said at Adepticon that Siege would release alongside minis that they they did not show off at Adepticon.

Those minis could very well just be one resin Sons of Horus Consul and one Imperial Fists Consul.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

40K: no tank floor
30K: fully detailed interior

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Okay so between the new loyalist librarian and the soh/fists character reveals I can’t be the only one who feels they all seem a bit…chonky all of a sudden.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

looking forward to Epic 30k

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Wow are we getting new Mk3's? Dang I wish I hadn't bought the old ones then.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

JcDent posted:

Pie in the sky: plastic infantry, Epic 30K

Congrats

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm waiting for the reveal to be a strategic-tier mobile game and GW getting super confused at the disappointment.

That new lancer has me very excited to get all my knights wrecked in 30k.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ijyt posted:

40K: no tank floor
30K: fully detailed interior

Canis rex has this in 40k and has for a while, theyre likely just using the same molds

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

My Spirit Otter posted:

Canis rex has this in 40k and has for a while, theyre likely just using the same molds

Same idea, but not the same molds.

Details on the pilot are different.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I missed that a plastic deredeo is likely too, cool

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Good to see the assault squads are coming, even if it's not for quite a while.
New Mk III was definitely not on my bingo card - depending on how they build it this is either good or very bad for me. (Good if they go back to the old hand style, which they won't; which means the supply of non-3D-printed arms compatible with third party bodies will completely disappear for Mk III when the old kit gets retired. MkVI arms don't fit with anything but MkVI without greenstuff work.) It looks nice but I value compatibility for conversions more, and current GW doesn't have the best track record for that. And boy I don't ever want to rescale MkIV by hand again, so that's probably off the table as a substitute as well.
Plastic Deredeo is good. I miss my resin one from my 1.0 army.
New Knight and characters don't affect me but good for the people who will get to use them.

Mocking up some more character models and getting back to painting, hopefully soon if I can get my poo poo together. Got enough backlog to work through by now.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I don’t think we’re getting new Mk3? That art has Mk3 marines in it but I’m pretty sure they’re the existing kit. Was it confirmed somewhere that we get new Mk3? I’d be very surprised if we got that before Mk5.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I don’t think we’re getting new Mk3? That art has Mk3 marines in it but I’m pretty sure they’re the existing kit. Was it confirmed somewhere that we get new Mk3? I’d be very surprised if we got that before Mk5.

The 30k road map below the image lists "Armour Mk update" for Autumn. If it were Mark II or V, it wouldn't be an update, and it's clearly Mark III guys in the painting.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

those are definitely not the existing kit lol

it's the same revised mk3 designs as the death guard praetor, fafnir rann, probably some other thing I'm forgetting

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Assessor of Maat posted:

those are definitely not the existing kit lol

it's the same revised mk3 designs as the death guard praetor, fafnir rann, probably some other thing I'm forgetting

Also they're holding their guns in the same distinctive angles the new Mark VI kit does, which suggests they're designed to be compatible with the Mark VI special weapons.

I've been thinking about the heavy older-the-shoulder weapons that use the different arms. Will they expect us to use the Mark VI arms to use those, or will they just include an extra set of arms on the infantry kit sprue to accommodate them?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's...an epic announcement, right? that's what that was?

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Stephenls posted:

Also they're holding their guns in the same distinctive angles the new Mark VI kit does, which suggests they're designed to be compatible with the Mark VI special weapons.

I've been thinking about the heavy older-the-shoulder weapons that use the different arms. Will they expect us to use the Mark VI arms to use those, or will they just include an extra set of arms on the infantry kit sprue to accommodate them?

the mk6 arms in the heavy weapons boxes are already a separate sprue to the guns, so I'd assume they'll have a mk3 arm sprue available in some way.

most annoying way would be reboxing them with both sets of arms and charging another $20 so I am assuming that'll be it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Well, neat. There actually is a mk5 set, but it’s resin and ludicrously expensive (and possibly oop?) but if the mk3 dudes displayed aren’t the existing kit, I think that settles it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Mark 5 is the choice of the discerning heresy enjoyer. It’s got heresy right in the name.