Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Unpacking was really good yeah, I only played it the other week. That moment where you move in with the guy and can’t fit your diploma on the wall anywhere and have to put it under the bed hit HARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Fallout 4 suppose to be ironically bad or actually bad? I didn't play it genuiely asking because I thought it got 10s and won multiple awards n poo poo.

Its minecraft for libertarian engineers in their early 40s

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's going on with all the $21.99 games on the store? It's like they snuck a 10% price hike on our $20 games recently.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

Weapon durability and gacha, a winning combo

I mean I can't talk I play mobage lol

I actually dig the idea of a crafting gacha. Like having to improvise on the spot how to solve a traversal puzzle.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

IS there a way to bulk add the playstation collection games on extra to your account? I doubt I will play most of these games, but I’ve been on plus since before I had a PS3 to build up a library and dammit if I didn’t find some gems that were great in the hundreds and hundreds of games I have hoarded in that service.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Escobarbarian posted:

Unpacking was really good yeah, I only played it the other week. That moment where you move in with the guy and can’t fit your diploma on the wall anywhere and have to put it under the bed hit HARD

that part was spoiled for me before i played but i still felt it. the song and end credits got me choked up a bit. its sweet :3:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Turnquiet posted:

IS there a way to bulk add the playstation collection games on extra to your account? I doubt I will play most of these games, but I’ve been on plus since before I had a PS3 to build up a library and dammit if I didn’t find some gems that were great in the hundreds and hundreds of games I have hoarded in that service.

No you can only do them one at a time, fastest way is probably to do it from a computer so you can just open all the store pages in tabs then click your way through

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

oh yeah when is factions 2 supposed to come out?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ShoogaSlim posted:

oh yeah when is factions 2 supposed to come out?

May or June for the reveal

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ulio posted:

Fallout 4 suppose to be ironically bad or actually bad? I didn't play it genuiely asking because I thought it got 10s and won multiple awards n poo poo.

It's not ironically bad, it's just straight up normal bad

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Real hurthling! posted:

Its minecraft for libertarian engineers in their early 40s

Factorio rocks though

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

fridge corn posted:

It's the only game I can think of where I've fallen over and died just running around, like my character had an aneurysm or something

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I would like to see a fallout game not set in America or something. Do something interesting with the setting for a change. Needs a complete reboot imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wish Diablo 4 was out.

Almost a month to go! I am excited after the first open beta test happened. I was thinking the game would not at all be ready for release and would suck, but the beta blew away my expectations.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

It's the only game I can think of where I've fallen over and died just running around, like my character had an aneurysm or something

Look at this fool who didn't play Disco Elysium

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ironically, being a former gym teacher, running everywhere is one of the few things Harry is unambiguously good at

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

https://www.ign.com/articles/major-publishers-report-aaa-games-can-cost-over-a-billion-to-make

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Which game cost twice as much to develop as Call of Duty?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

gonna :laugh: if it was skull and bones

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

gonna :laugh: if it was skull and bones

Nah, it said major franchise.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Ill buy it on ps5 cos lol you know it. Everyone knows it.

I would fully expect it to be my goty whenever it hits the PS5. I plan on buying an xbox for Starfield + TES6 but I would much rather play them on the best console THE PLAYSTATION 5.

I said come in! posted:

Almost a month to go! I am excited after the first open beta test happened. I was thinking the game would not at all be ready for release and would suck, but the beta blew away my expectations.

The beta was incredible. They managed to make the exact Diablo 4 that I want and it blows my mind.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tbh I wasn't sold on the diablo 4 beta. I'm still buying it cuz diablo is one of the few games that fridgelina and I can play together and not end up getting frustrated with each other lol. Maybe cuz i was playing a wearbear druid and it was kinda boring tbh

Might choose a different class when the full version comes out

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Most of that is likely marketing, and money that is expected to be made that is also guaranteed to go to top investors and executives.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

fridge corn posted:

I hadn't played any FO games prior and I thought it was fine, absent the absolutely stupid main plot. Building settlements, doing sidequests, and exploring was a lot of fun for me. YMMV, of course.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Tbh I wasn't sold on the diablo 4 beta. I'm still buying it cuz diablo is one of the few games that fridgelina and I can play together and not end up getting frustrated with each other lol. Maybe cuz i was playing a wearbear druid and it was kinda boring tbh

Might choose a different class when the full version comes out

It was cause you made a druid, yeah. There is another open beta test coming up, recommended you play any of the other classes this time if you're able! The Druid needs a massive overhaul and Blizzard acknowledges it, the class was useless in the previous beta.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Credits rolling on final fantasy II, platniums popin', in my lane and vibing.

Good game, can see the huge leaps in ambition from ff1. Uematsu going loving wild with that final dungeon track in the PR :eyepop:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Ulio posted:

I mean, you know what you're getting already, it's up to you whether or not that sounds like fun. It's Another Bethesda Open World RPG. It doesn't do anything really unique with the formula and it doesn't offer much in the way of quests that change according to your choices, it's just another 50-100 hours stomping around the wasteland touring post-apocalyptica and shooting mutants with VATS.

That being said, I enjoyed it back on launch and probably sunk 80 hours into it. It's got at least a few memorable characters and a story hook that I found interesting, and while the ending wasn't wholly satisfying, at least it didn't poo poo the bed like Fallout 3 did. If you're looking for more New Vegas except not as well-written, then it's worth a playthrough.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Credits rolling on final fantasy II, platniums popin', in my lane and vibing.

Good game, can see the huge leaps in ambition from ff1. Uematsu going loving wild with that final dungeon track in the PR :eyepop:

These are the posts you love to see. Jumping on FF2 hard when I finish up Live A Live. Happy as a Jar Pig rolling in the mud

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fix posted:

Hogwarts Legacy maybe? Didn’t that have a lot of delays in addition to being a AAA license project?

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 30, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

It was cause you made a druid, yeah. There is another open beta test coming up, recommended you play any of the other classes this time if you're able! The Druid needs a massive overhaul and Blizzard acknowledges it, the class was useless in the previous beta.

Okay going necro lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fix posted:

I bet it’s Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Fix posted:

Gotta be a licensed game with delays bc expensive licensing by itself massively increases the cost.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's almost certainly Hogfarts Legacy, there were stories about its huge production costs going back years.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

lol. A game can cost over a billion… if you mismanage it to bell and have to deliver dump trucks of licensing fees to a troll.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WB own the license so it’s probably not the Harry Potter game unless it was a Hollywood accounting situation where they paid themselves a trillion dollars to license it from themselves for wacky tax/profit hiding reasons

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ulio posted:

I couldn't suffer it past the first main hub bit. It was boring.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Most of that is likely marketing, and money that is expected to be made that is also guaranteed to go to top investors and executives.

Yeah, I know, a bunch of it is likely informed by corporate graft or money laundering or whatever. And of course even though some of these publishers are still crunching devs to death and outsourcing asset development to countries with no labor protections they will still turn around at some point and say labor is too expensive and that is why we must turn our game into midhourney and chatgpt.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, all the reporting I see on Hogwarts Legacy estimates the budget around $150M, so something's got that beat times four.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

History Comes Inside! posted:

WB own the license so it’s probably not the Harry Potter game unless it was a Hollywood accounting situation where they paid themselves a trillion dollars to license it from themselves for wacky tax/profit hiding reasons
They only own the film rights I think. They probably have to license it from JKR to create anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

star citizen?