Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I feel so bad killing the one that's (sadly silently) admiring the rainbow :(

Same with the scout trooper sitting on a wooden platform over a cliff

They're nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Lord Hydronium posted:

You can start finding them in chests on Koboh, and once you start unlocking shops you can buy them in some of those as well.

Edit: Been rocking this "unemployed college grad backpacking Europe" look:

I have this same setup, but with the full beard so Cal looks like MacReady.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

When do you start finding hair and beards around the world? I'm just curious if it takes a while or if I've just managed to miss them so far. I've found a number of cool clothing changes, but I really want to find a mullet or something.

The full beard is right behind the first place you meet Mosey and Brutus (just up the path and to the right from the Southern Reach meditation point)

The mullet is in a tar pit with a little island in the center of it with platforms you can jump/wade between

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wanted to like blaster stance but it feels less satisfying than the regular stance. Regular stance is the best and coolest. I have crossguard for my second one when I feel like having Cal tell his opponent "you're hosed now".

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dpulex posted:

They're nazis

The one battle Droid who's surveying the landscape talking about what a good job he'd doing and how he'll get promoted and other druids will have to do this job instead, but then he'll miss the view, finishing with "delima!" The cal pops up sabers him half and says, "dilemma solved" is amazing

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Finally started playing and its great, but I'm running this on an intel 12k with a 4090 and 32 gb of ram and I'm getting 50 FPS at not even 4k resolution lol Really hope they can fix whatever is bottlenecking this poo poo.

For what it's worth, the performance seems to be the same at any resolution (and most graphical settings, aside from ray-tracing) so you may as well max it out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Soonmot posted:

The one battle Droid who's surveying the landscape talking about what a good job he'd doing and how he'll get promoted and other druids will have to do this job instead, but then he'll miss the view, finishing with "delima!" The cal pops up sabers him half and says, "dilemma solved" is amazing

The droid also helpfully mentions oppressing the local population to make that justified. :hai:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
”Keep your visual receptors peeled for intruders.”
“..I don’t know how to peel my receptors.”
“I was trying out an organic phrase, it didn’t work. Won’t try that again”.

It sounded so disappointed, bless.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I finished the campaign last night. Great game. 10/10 story. If they pull off another of this quality level it'll be the best star wars trilogy since the original.

Spoilers about the finale

I really enjoyed the blaster standoff at the end. My viewpoint is Cal really hesitates because internally he's like "I -really- don't want to do this. But I've given him EVERY chance. Bang. Noshir Dalal and Cameron Monaghan should be immensely proud of this really fantastic moment they mo-capped.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Spawn of oggdo is worse than the rancor prove me wrong

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Jose Oquendo posted:

A few questions for you all.

What saber stances are you taking? I always take the normal stance but I can't quite find a second stance that I love. They really should allow you to carry another one or all of them.

Are the cosmetics and perks at the various vendors ONLY found at the shop or are they found elsewhere in the game?

I use crossguard + blaster because those are easily the coolest ones and between them both I can deal with any situation

Anything in a store can only be found in that store. Nothing duplicates in the game world.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Codependent Poster posted:

I wanted to like blaster stance but it feels less satisfying than the regular stance. Regular stance is the best and coolest. I have crossguard for my second one when I feel like having Cal tell his opponent "you're hosed now".

Yeah this has been my experience too, other stances just didn’t feel right. I’m sticking with default stance with crossguard for mini-bosses/bosses.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Blaster all the time. The staff thing is trash, the dual sabers looks cool but is in fact also trash. Normy is fine but it is just normy. Crossguard is just a shield and too slow to be fun. Stabby, stabby, shooty, shooty. Everything dies.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Yates posted:

Blaster all the time. The staff thing is trash, the dual sabers looks cool but is in fact also trash. Normy is fine but it is just normy. Crossguard is just a shield and too slow to be fun. Stabby, stabby, shooty, shooty. Everything dies.

Jedi Ishin.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crossguard isn't a shield, it's a greatsword. Even has the DS2 greatsword stance.

I really like how the "sidequests" are just "hey, there's an interesting thing over here. you may or may not have already checked it out, but if you haven't it's there waiting for you"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know what the last ability you need to explore everywhere is? Is it Force Lift?

EDIT: It is not

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 30, 2023

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Spawn of Oggdo was annoying as hell until i realized that you can cheese him too:

You can trigger the doors to open and still jump out and stay on top. Hit him with the blaster, go find a dumb droid to beat on and get shots back, run back and blast him again because he doesn't regen. Rinse repeat. Fun game.

edit lol you can also: wedge yourself between the box and the wall and spam throw. the game thinks you aren't in combat so force regens hella fast. Fun game.

Dollas fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 30, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

I feel sorry for those droids. They are clearly living beings with their own feelings, but they are treated like absolute poo poo. Created for war, given sentience, but made into slaves to serve really evil people. Then after the clone wars, they were all shut down, only for other groups of evil people to pick them up and recondition them again for war crimes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Of course the first thing I find in the game after asking about haircuts and beards is a haircut. But it was the crewcut, which looks dumb, like it was painted on. So I'll just get to backtracking for the mullet once I'm at a good stopping point or the game sends me back there.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I love these goofy things. And of course you can pet it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

There's a special challenge fight you can do where you face Oggdo Boggdo and Spawn of Oggdo at the same time.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Crossguard/Staff is working for me. The former is effective on single targets, the latter chews through crowds (whether they're ranged or melee). One bonus for the Crossguard: the running attack is a drop kick. Like, full on WWE, Kiryu Kazama, Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible II

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Several times now, I have run up to one of those glowy green trees and hit x to collect my seeds, only to drop kick that poor sapling into oblivion. It's funny every time.

Also managed to drop kick one of the big security droids for the killing blow. It made a big thunk noise, he froze and then slowly tipped over like something out of a movie.

Tldr drop kicking my way across the galaxy.

I'm using dual wield for my other staff because it's great for annoying fast enemies and the aoe double saber throw seems like it'll be good for crowds. Most importantly, the animation for switching from 2 sabers to the crossguard looks cool.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 30, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Zee is pure, Zee is love.

Also, after the absolute nightmare I had with Malicos and Trilla back in the day, and the Rancor yesterday, I was well happy to get Dagan round 2 down on the second attempt. No doubt he’ll be an absolute cock at the very end but hey. The whole journey through the lucrehulk was grand.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Of course the first thing I find in the game after asking about haircuts and beards is a haircut. But it was the crewcut, which looks dumb, like it was painted on. So I'll just get to backtracking for the mullet once I'm at a good stopping point or the game sends me back there.

I just got tasked with the forest array and have 3 beards and 5 haircuts already. Do you guys like, just beeline for quest markers or what

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Who is the best new character of 2023 and why is it Skoova Stev?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I just got tasked with the forest array and have 3 beards and 5 haircuts already. Do you guys like, just beeline for quest markers or what

Yeah, especially the first time through. That, and being bad at finding stuff in general.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

VanillaGorilla posted:

I just realized that's a spoof on Scuba Steve

Also, RIP Rick.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

VanillaGorilla posted:

I won’t have this Turgle erasure.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I said come in! posted:

I feel sorry for those droids. They are clearly living beings with their own feelings, but they are treated like absolute poo poo. Created for war, given sentience, but made into slaves to serve really evil people. Then after the clone wars, they were all shut down, only for other groups of evil people to pick them up and recondition them again for war crimes.

I like how often the droids will be talking poo poo and a companion is like "what idiot made them like this?"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s just so many good side characters in this game. I can’t think of one I hate so far

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The mechanic lady is boring because she just keeps going on about how lonely she is, but the rest of them rule.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've unlocked a load of stuff and I'm about to do the second moon mission. Can anyone tell me how far through the main story I am vaguely? I just did the main quest that lets you pass through laser walls and went mad exploring Koboh again.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Oh poo poo, saying performance gets better after Coruscant is a bit of an understatement. Why is it now running at 80fps when an empty corridor in Coruscant gives 35? Is the game modelling the flight physics of all the not-visable flying traffic or something?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I can't believe that holo tactics is just those videos of putting various dark souls enemies in fights against each other, but in a game.

Also it gives three more to the "weird little guy" alien count when you unlock it. Character designers have just been having an absolute blast with this game.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 1, 2023

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
:lol: I just beat Rick the door technician in a "boss" battle

He tried his best. Game owns

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I'm enjoying the game but man. I'm on an Xbox Series X and there are parts outdoors on Koboh where I swear my frame rate drops below twenty. Moving the camera leaves me temporarily blind because it's just a second of blurred mess.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the motion blur is hilariously awful. bits of foliage just a permanent blur as it rustles in the wind

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I turned off motion blur it's much better. Some plants seem to turn into a permanent smudge though which is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Motion blur is a curse