Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao so thats what? until at least summerslam 2024?

Per Chris James 2 above, 9/14/24 so after summerslam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
maybe it's because I'm old and no longer with it but I've never seen anyone wearing a Roman Reigns shirt in public

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

Per Chris James 2 above, 9/14/24 so after summerslam

lmao get wrecked cody

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
give Reigns the new belt, cowards.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Deleted

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
And then he'll be just as popular and famous and Hulk Hogan! Right?!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Somebody close a window

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want Dolph Ziggler to show up at some random indie show in a rec center since he's a free agent

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Doesn't the draft continue until Raw on monday?

Also, I thought the goal was to beat Bruno's record. Where's this Hogan number coming up from, all of a sudden?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
you missed your chance during the ziggles comedy tour he did

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hirez posted:

you missed your chance during the ziggles comedy tour he did

I thought Ziggler's comedy tour was his WWE career

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

Doesn't the draft continue until Raw on monday?

Also, I thought the goal was to beat Bruno's record. Where's this Hogan number coming up from, all of a sudden?

The three longest WWF/WWE title reigns are Bruno (7 years), Backlund (5 years), and Hulk's (4 years). The idea of Reigns beating Bruno's record was alway presented as joke about Vince's obsession with Reigns; but now, it seems like making him the longest reigning WWE champion of all time seems a bit more likely. Reigns beating Hulk's record is just the first step.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats a good idea. kids today care about a record set 35 years before they were born

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

A deleted Tweet from somebody.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

This poo poo with Roman is genuinely insane. I'm not going to say he's completely talentless, but all this work and time and effort for such a bland, boring individual, and it's all just because he's The Rock's cousin. The endless talent that is currently in, has been in, and will be in the WWE, all playing second banana to this loving guy. Just unreal.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He's the exact type of boring Vince and Trips love. And since ratings, fans, and anything else don't matter why shouldn't they have him beat Bruno's record since it's all meaningless now anyway

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

3 A.M. Radio posted:

This poo poo with Roman is genuinely insane. I'm not going to say he's completely talentless, but all this work and time and effort for such a bland, boring individual, and it's all just because he's The Rock's cousin. The endless talent that is currently in, has been in, and will be in the WWE, all playing second banana to this loving guy. Just unreal.

To be fair while it did take ten years, he is the ultimate endboss in WWE now and all business metrics are up from this long title reign. <ight be bored by it but the WWE fans are eating it up so what the gently caress do I know.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

“Number go up” is all they care about. “Well if he got to 1,474 he might as well go for 1,500!”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

After 1000 days is passed, Hogan's time is the next one that matters. Obviously the ultimate goal is surpassing Bruno, but for a company that's determined to make numbers matter, 1000 is first, then 1474

Zarian and the Observer are both saying it now too https://www.f4wonline.com/podcasts/...wwe-title-reign

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The big tribal kahuna table dog will rip rear end all over cody at wrestlemania 50

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s too boring to successfully go to Hollywood so they’re going to ride him all the way into the dirt

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s too boring to successfully go to Hollywood so they’re going to ride him all the way into the dirt

Exactly. That's part of the reason he's the Chosen One, they don't have to worry about him becoming bigger than the WWE itself.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

UnleashedDad posted:

To be fair while it did take ten years, he is the ultimate endboss in WWE now and all business metrics are up from this long title reign. <ight be bored by it but the WWE fans are eating it up so what the gently caress do I know.

Business is up but that's largely due to the Saudi deal and the momentum of the WWE brand itself and I'm not even sure if you can credit Roman for that.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave was mentioning on WOR that shoulder and knee problems are common for high end body builders for the type of lifting they do cause of stress on joints/high impact nature. It's just not as noticeable cause they're not doing bumps in bodybuilding

And HHH and Vince are 100% marks for high end bodybuilding

They're also doing way more reps than a wrestler would.

Lifting heavy is daily business for athletes who need strength, and with sane coaching isn't a problem. Hell, look at Mark Henry, you don't lift much heavier than that level of powerlifting and he wrestled for 22 years in a big guy style.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

Vandar posted:

Business is up but that's largely due to the Saudi deal and the momentum of the WWE brand itself and I'm not even sure if you can credit Roman for that.

I wasn't even thinking about the Saudi deal nor things like Peacock. Attendance is way up, TV ratings are relatively up, the company just feels hot right now.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ziggler isn't getting fired he just gets to job out twice a week instead of once

business as usual

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

UnleashedDad posted:

I wasn't even thinking about the Saudi deal nor things like Peacock. Attendance is way up, TV ratings are relatively up, the company just feels hot right now.

Vinceflex

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

UnleashedDad posted:

...sigh

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

UnleashedDad posted:

Yeah, but I think you could also attribute that to Vince being gone, HHH taking over, and the Bloodline/Sami story. Which yes, Roman is a part of, but is not the main thing that drew people in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ADThompson__/status/1652825920359608323?s=20

Well, that second topic is horrifying

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

She's well liked back stage

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

She's well liked back stage

Have you seen the Sweet Tea promo!!?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Give Jeff Jarrett world title

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Yeah, but I think you could also attribute that to Vince being gone, HHH taking over, and the Bloodline/Sami story. Which yes, Roman is a part of, but is not the main thing that drew people in.

They went from year to year having a terrible MSG attendance to a great showing because thousands of fans were waiting for Vince to go? Casuals don’t give a poo poo, and the WWE fans bow to Vince despite being a rapist. The boost in business has been the Bloodline storyline which is the main thing that is drawing people right now.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The writing went from an F to a C- and everyone lost their minds and now that it's over and so is Wrestlemania the ratings are going back down

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
If Roman ever fucks up or leaves the company on bad terms, they are going to just do this all over again with someone else, like Bron Breakker.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Roman is the least interesting part of the Bloodline by a really wide margin.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fad posted:

If Roman ever fucks up or leaves the company on bad terms, they are going to just do this all over again with someone else, like Brock Lesnar.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He's the exact type of boring Vince and Trips love. And since ratings, fans, and anything else don't matter why shouldn't they have him beat Bruno's record since it's all meaningless now anyway

He's the American Big Daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I really started to read the writing on the WWE when the Shield made their debut. You had two awesome guys who had cut their teeth on the indies and you had the comparatively bland big guy. And people knew which one of the three was going to be the guy to get the rocket.