Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Given the clear like, scripture reading, coupled with the size of her hammer, and her normal Fixer fangirlism. Don might be aiming to become a Grobhammer? She has the same cape as Guido and N Meursault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

TheNabster posted:

Credit where credit is due Don's voice actress is really good.

And we get the first identity where she doesn't become/is horribly depressed!

Yeah, she seems like she's enjoying herself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryanbomber posted:

Also worth noting, given all the discussion in the thread about it, that they're aware that the event grind is A Problem

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1651838329569300480

i cant believe they didnt listen to the lesson undertale taught us

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Apologems in my mailbox... they fill me with Determination.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TeeQueue posted:

basically just never convert shards and hoard your nominable boxes 'til you miss one you want from pulls. Then profit.

Such is the strategy, I think.

In terms of pure collecting, the best strategy is to wait on exchanging shards til you've finished rolling on the last extraction of the season, since there's a chance to randomly obtain the stuff you want from off-rates. There's always a chance you could get that Tingtang Hong Lu randomly while rolling for Ncorp Sinclair, which saves you 400 shards vs exchanging him. (Actually just 350 since if you exchanged him earlier you would get +50 from the dupe.)

The big obvious downside there being that you can't use those characters in actual gameplay like railway or event grinding while you're waiting to exchange them.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 28, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Well, I'm glad they are working on it. Makes it better for everyone. And stops some of the stress I was feeling having only a few more days to get the EGO.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In terms of pure collecting, the best strategy is to wait on exchanging shards til you've finished rolling on the last extraction of the season, since there's a chance to randomly obtain the stuff you want from off-rates. There's always a chance you could get that Tingtang Hong Lu randomly while rolling for Ncorp Sinclair, which saves you 400 shards vs exchanging him. (Actually just 350 since if you exchanged him earlier you would get +50 from the dupe.)

The big obvious downside there being that you can't use those characters in actual gameplay like railway or event grinding while you're waiting to exchange them.

Yeah, that's what pressured me to convert shards as much as I did, especially for characters I'd rolled everything for at the time. Hopefully the kitted out S1 stuff I have will take me far in S2.

For what it's worth, I've gotten good enough luck at extraction that I only have two IDs, both 000, and three E.G.O.s left, not counting the two that haven't been released yet. I initially aimed my nominable boxes to E.G.O., since that has the lowest drop rate, but now I know to save those for season-specific stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel like I need to single out the fact that they named a future event after The Magic Schoolbus:

And if the rest of it is any indication, they might be modifying Mephistopheles to travel underwater to deal with Ishmael's chapter????

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Rock on! That's going to be cool!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Junpei posted:

I feel like I need to single out the fact that they named a future event after The Magic Schoolbus:

And if the rest of it is any indication, they might be modifying Mephistopheles to travel underwater to deal with Ishmael's chapter????

"Please let this be a normal mission!"
"With the Red Gaze?"
"NO WAY!"

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Verant posted:

"With the Red Gaze?"
"NO WAY!"

Cruising down the Backstreets,
you're relaxed and feeling good~

Yeah!

Next thing that you know, you're seein'...

Vroom-vroom!

A white whale in the neighborhood?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I kinda wanna hear Vergilius's voice actor channeling Lily Tomlin now.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the reference :)

Verant posted:

"With the Red Gaze?"
"NO WAY!"

Now the question is: Who is hoping it's a normal mission? Dante, Ishmael or Sinclair?

Lunatic 0verlord fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 29, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Now the question is: Who is hoping it's a normal mission? Dante, Ishmael or Sinclair?

Gregor.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Magic Hellbus better have a bit where somebody gets their head grotesquely frozen.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Verant posted:

"With the Red Gaze?"
"NO WAY!"

"I believe the situation we are currently in is not... ideal."

"YI SANG!"

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Oh right, the glasses.

Why did I not realize it?

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Quackles posted:

I kinda wanna hear Vergilius's voice actor channeling Lily Tomlin now.

Though that's more likely a role that the driver will have to fulfill.

And we all know how deadpan Charon is all the time.

If anything, Vergilius will have to fulfill the role of...Liz.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

i did it

i finished farming the bongies

im free to just do dailies and MD runs

and also try a burn team once i uptie the Liu dudes

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

That's clearly Meursault.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Also, I'd have to guess Hong Lu is Carlos, with the passive 'Frivolous Jokes', and all.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Mark of Cain on N Sinclair's forehead is clear but also missing a stroke, likely because despite fulfilling some kind of big important destiny he's ultimately just indulging in empty spite against the world around him

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
The mark actually disappears over the course of the trailer. The first time starts with all 3 for a second before one fades and at the end the second stroke fades leaving just the big one.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Valdent posted:

The mark actually disappears over the course of the trailer. The first time starts with all 3 for a second before one fades and at the end the second stroke fades leaving just the big one.

Ah didn't notice the 2nd one fading too Good ol' Anti-Enlightenment

Though i'm not sure if what Damian wants out of him would be any better. Sinclair please stay away from these magical freaks and stick with, uh, our group of magical freaks instead

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Quackles posted:

Also, I'd have to guess Hong Lu is Carlos, with the passive 'Frivolous Jokes', and all.

He's the master of jokes that annoy others, especially Heathcliff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Faust is D.A., and I think Sinclair would be the Phoebe

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
sorry for the double post but our first five sets of 2 new IDs were, in order:

Rodion/Meursault
Heathcliff/Faust
Hong Lu/Outis
Gregor/Ryoshu
Sinclair/Don

So I would assume that there's going to be at least one Yi Sang/Ishmael banner between the Sinclair/Don one and the Thumb Rodion/Meursault one.

So, idly:

1. Which of Yi Sang and Ishmael will be the 3O and which will be the 2O
2. What groups do you think they'll be from? We've seen a Liu Yi Sang in the Hong Liu story, but Ishmael's I'm not sure of.

Also, would it be an easy assumption that Meursault will be the 2O as Thumb and Rodion the 3O just because in the N corp one she was 2O and he was 3O?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yi Sang is going to be the 3O because he's the focus figure of the next chapter and I'm assuming it'll be like G Corp Gregor and N Corp Sinclair.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Having a slightly rougher than normal fight against Spicy Papa Bongy but Rip Space him to death with Don with 3 characters left, there's only 3 mostly-dead headchickens left, ezpz.

...next turn Rabbit Heathcliff decides he wants to be a better furry, rolls max speed, Distortions, and Telepoles my other two characters for like 250 damage then gets staggerlocked by the baby bongys. I forget to quit out of the fight so now I have to redo the dungeon again :lobcorp:

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Yeah 4/5 bongy fights are straightforward, then you get the one where all the enemies roll 5s and your dudes roll 3s and half your team gets staggered/dead turn one

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1652944274802233344
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1652943545777664000
New identity deets are out and they are... Odd.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

hosed up how they (planned to) release the first dedicated low SP ID right after the event that slams everyone with -SP.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 1, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, the guy who theorized about a negative sanity Sinclair hit the nail on the head.

He shouldn't be too bad since he probably has bonus on tails instead of heads, loses SP on every skill and can use Impending Day or Lifetime Stew to drop Sanity further, right?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I wouldn't be surprised if N Sinclair skills started with huge clash power and hitting heads would lower it, just to be completely in line with the Inquisitor enemies. He rules. :allears:

EDIT: Also, I appreciate N corp Don Quixote tentatively throwing a bone to Tremor. It probably still won't be super amazing, but nice for them to remember that there are other status effects than Bleed and Burn. Now do something with Sinking... :v:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 1, 2023

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Lt. Lizard posted:

Now do something with Sinking... :v:

I mean Sinking's biggest issue is that it doesn't do anything versus abnormalities. Panicking human enemies is great but I think it needs to do something to abnormalities if it wants to be really useful

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Sinking deals Gloom damage to Abnormalities.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
N Sinclair seems like a friendly fire incident waiting to happen. I honestly suspect that he might end up as the worst ID in the game due to being unable to reliably flatline his SP and - even worse - Corroding when he does hit -45 and attacking the rest of the party.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I will simply will all of his clashes to win, or use Faust as a band-aid whenever that doesn't work

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Until we see the actual numbers it isn't really possible to make a full judgement but I am going to make a wild prediction and say Sinclair good except completely nonfunctional for auto battle and thus no one likes him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Valdent posted:

Until we see the actual numbers it isn't really possible to make a full judgement but I am going to make a wild prediction and say Sinclair good except completely nonfunctional for auto battle and thus no one likes him.

He seems good for autobattle, long-term SP management is where things start to get dicey and you're not autobattling in fights that involve that anyway.

I think one thing that's going underlooked is support passives, specifically ones that trigger on lowest SP. N Faust(either support or in-party) will consistently give him +15SP and Fanatic every turn(and if the SP drain is huge LCB Yi Sang can add another 10), N Don gives him a free damage boost if he's Fanatic(and Faust means he always will be) and R Ishmael is another free +10% damage. He feels like he's going to be either super broken or will be useless now but super broken in the future when some cracked low-sp passive gets released.

Don OTOH sure is an N corp 00 ID. Nails, other status that doesn't really matter, kind of bad outside of an N corp team. At least she can burst Tremor.

e: whoops I misread N faust's battle passive and didn't realize how much resonance it required :v: Yi Sang can still keep him up with just 4 Gloom resource though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 2, 2023