Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Not sure which is the craziest ride this season, Gundam or Birdie Wing.

It's amazing that both are completely different shows but also are mirror images in a way

Totally want them to meet up in a Super Robot Wa4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Suletta Sundays becoming more Suletta Sad Days as the drama ratchets up.Just let the tomato tanuki be happy and gay.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Endorph posted:

someone swapped the bocchi avatars around

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's amazing that both are completely different shows but also are mirror images in a way
both of them had an episode 16 that was about parents choosing to wrap their children up in their own conflicts and perpetuating a cycle of negativity onto future generations, but each approached it in their own way

The Intractable Nature of Humankind vs They gently caress You Up, Your Mum and Dad

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

two translators, both native english speakers, one of which knows that the episode title must be short enough to easily place on the back of a blu-ray cover, and the other believes that light novel titles are the future

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

sb hermit posted:

two translators, both native english speakers, one of which knows that the episode title must be short enough to easily place on the back of a blu-ray cover, and the other believes that light novel titles are the future

Next seasons breakout Romcom!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

sb hermit posted:

Actually Gundam Witch From Mercury's episode titles are in English to start with. So it's more the writer than the translator.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Birdie Wing episode titles rule, my favorite is the one where they're arguing who gets to room with who during the doubles tournament and then it smash cuts to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the jp title of that birdie wing episode is 大人のエゴに巻き込まれた若者たちの二代に渡る数奇な運命 so its definitely not the translator

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Magical Destroyers continues to plow thru its completely unfunny material w entirely undue confidence, but I respect shows w that energy so I'm still watchin.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
how many more episodes in Hell's Paradise is Sagiri gonna be told to go back to the kitchen every episode

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I don't mind as long as all the misogynists are murdered by the woman rights cannibal giant immediately afterwards.:colbert:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The new Ash-less Pokemon show is a darling. Love it.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

sb hermit posted:

But enough about Gintama.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Vinland Saga season 2: we're here to kill the English and be depressing, and we are all out of the English.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GateOfD posted:

how many more episodes in Hell's Paradise is Sagiri gonna be told to go back to the kitchen every episode

This should be the last one, mostly because everyone who can potentially be sexist to her is dead.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So I'm watching the Uma Musume ONA and they actually did a beach episode without turning it into a gratuitous swimsuit spectacular. None of the main characters wore revealing swimsuits or really played much, it was more of a psychological deep dive into two of the main characters, that just happened to be set on the beach.

That's something I really like about Uma Musume, they don't go into heavy fanservice territory like a lot of gacha based shows do.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
You know what I miss? Actual next episode previews. If you’re lucky you get a featureless screen with the next episodes title on it. And no, previews released five days later on the website don’t count.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I miss previews where two characters in chibi form make jokes about the show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

So I'm watching the Uma Musume ONA and they actually did a beach episode without turning it into a gratuitous swimsuit spectacular. None of the main characters wore revealing swimsuits or really played much, it was more of a psychological deep dive into two of the main characters, that just happened to be set on the beach.

That's something I really like about Uma Musume, they don't go into heavy fanservice territory like a lot of gacha based shows do.
tbf thats probably because of the owners of the rl horses more than anything

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Hard upper limit on how much they're prepared to tolerate people wanting to gently caress their horses.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

macabresca posted:

I miss previews where two characters in chibi form make jokes about the show

shout out to the ones for higurashi kai where rika and hanyuu make jokes about bl doujins

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

They also do not like it when people make saucy fanart of the girls, like that one guy who was Extremely Not Threatened By The Yakuza into making an apology on Twitter for doing so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that guy wasnt drawing art of the horse girls. he was going on twitter to exclaim that they will send the yakuza to kill you if you draw art of the horse girls

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
this week's Skip & Loafer focuses on the MIka girl that's always seems to be scheming.
She's pretty cool, thought she was one of the more interesting side characters

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

galagazombie posted:

You know what I miss? Actual next episode previews. If you’re lucky you get a featureless screen with the next episodes title on it. And no, previews released five days later on the website don’t count.

??? These still happen all the time. Not for every show of course, but like I still remember them vividly for Dragon Quest, To Your Eternity, and Vivy to name a few.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember how the preview for the last episode of Kill la Kill was like "Hey we don't even have enough of the episode done for a preview and we might not even finish it, hope we do though!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It varies from show to show whether I want previews or not. I'd go insane if G Witch did them. But I enjoy some of them especially for stuff like Bebop where the cast takes to the previews with all the enthusiasm of a pisstake, only for a preview to suddenly hit you with an incredibly insightful comment.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It was funny how the Evangelion movies had previews of things that didn't even happen in the next movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It was funny how the Evangelion movies had previews of things that didn't even happen in the next movie.

And there'll be plenty of fanservice in this one!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I've appreciated the thing that gwitch and uh some other show I've seen recently (trigun stampede maybe) do, where instead of a preview they give you some nice still art of an important character in the episode

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

I've appreciated the thing that gwitch and uh some other show I've seen recently (trigun stampede maybe) do, where instead of a preview they give you some nice still art of an important character in the episode

endcards, a lot of shows have them but crunchyroll et al have historically tended to chop them off for reasons i'm unclear on

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

endcards, a lot of shows have them but crunchyroll et al have historically tended to chop them off for reasons i'm unclear on

It seems like they're missing them if you watch early but bolt them on later. At least that's been what I've noticed for GWitch.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Julias posted:

??? These still happen all the time. Not for every show of course, but like I still remember them vividly for Dragon Quest, To Your Eternity, and Vivy to name a few.

Too Cute Crisis does them this season as well.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I like the previews in Birdie Wing. If nothing else, it let's them wedge in an extra Gundam reference or two.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

i've been missing out on this this whole time????

gently caress

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The previews that stood out for me were Utena's because iirc they were mostly Utena being completely oblivious about whats happening in the episode and Anthy subtly making fun of her until one of the last few where Anthy drops a massive character plot point out of nowhere that isn't in the actual show but really explains alot about her actions. The one where she tells Utena that she's 'always despised' her.

Those kind of previews that actually reinforce the plot or help establish characters are cool imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the joke in ibo's next episode preview where an extremely minor background character does the preview narration and then is like 'huh? 'who are you?' its me. chad. ive been on the bridge this whole time. dont you remember me?'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and then he actually gets a lot of screentime in season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was pretty whatever on Uma Musume S2 but the animation upgrade with these four episodes have really knocked it out of the park.