Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I'm playing Jedi Survivor, Final Fantasy Final Bar Line, and Gran Turismo 7 the most on PS5 currently.

Sounds good. I'm glad Sony finally added quick resume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

nom epique buying another account & av just to continue posting in this thread is some sad rear end poo poo

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Or is it us, the consumer of box's who are truly sad?

One of the great questions of all time

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Xbox is cool

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Xbowns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Seriously asking . Are they even bothering to manufacture the series X any more? havnt seen one in a store since I bought mine. Target has the series S for $50 off right now. Seems they can’t unload this gameless wonder fast enough and Microsoft is about ready to walk away

I am going to reiterate the bones of my previous post just so you are aware because I think you might not think me serious.

There is no prerequisite for liking Xbox to post in Games, you just seem to be focused on weird posts about over and over in a white noise gimmick fashion and not just here.

No one here would care if you made jokes about the Xbox or contributed about it or jokes/contributions about other games in other threads if what you were saying had any substance.

Just post normally. Feel free to be weird gimmick GBS guy over there - I do not monitor GBS. Drop it over here.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Jeremy Corbyn has killed the Xbox. Now we will all have to play Sony Games (that don't exist)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh good, I was getting nervous I was going to get another cancellation but my discounted-but-still-mad-expensive expansion card shipped. :toot:

One of the other issues with having a single manufacturer of these things is that, even if you're willing to pay the asking price, they're not easy to actually obtain. They're frequently out of stock and I suspect some stores need to take special precautions with them because they're so tiny yet so expensive. A previous online purchase attempt charged me and then sat for like a month until I emailed them to ask what the gently caress and they cancelled and refunded me.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

(Realising Hades 2 will probably launch on gamepass like the first game) oh rad

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Despite Redfall listing a global release time you can switch your PC region to the other side of the world and play it right now on game pass

edit: lmao I guess this was not intentional because it kicked me back to the main menu with an "ArkNet connection error" and it's no longer playable

Phoix fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 1, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Professor Beetus posted:

Lol yeah, he's the weird guy

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

(Realising Hades 2 will probably launch on gamepass like the first game) oh rad

gently caress yeah

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Did people talk about how episode one podracer is the current game with gold because episode one podracer is the current game with gold

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think I'm generally pretty forgiving of graphical prowess or basic gameplay if the atmosphere or character mechanics are there but all the Redfall footage that's coming out is not looking at all good in any way. Them doing the Bethesda "review embargo is the time the game launches" thing with it has basically lead to the fact that there is now going to be an absolute torrent of poo poo all coming out at once probably.

I usually love Arkane games but this one is looking like cold dogshit unless there is a truly miraculous day one patch waiting in the wings or every single bit of gameplay being shown is all in the worst looking part of the game and the rest is absolutely top drawer, either seems unlikely.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 1, 2023

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/status/1652849914794110978

https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/status/1653019517658841090

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Redfail

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That guy seems cool and normal. Thanks for sharing their tweets!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'll wait for full reviews but Im excited for its final poo poo score

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Make sure you launch the game at least once before it unlocks to trigger a 1.3 GB patch download ahead of time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Barudak posted:

I'll wait for full reviews but Im excited for its final poo poo score

I'll just play it then decide for myself because it's free.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

I'll just play it then decide for myself because it's free.
This lol. Yeah lemme read what some other guy thinks! Durrr.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

NZ trick still does not work after that 1.3 GB patch fyi

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im away from console in a non streaming location so I have to play it when I get back

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ACG’s review got posted a little early before he took it down…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Redfail

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

hatty posted:

Redfail

many people are saying this

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://youtu.be/4Pf_D7uzI48

Better performance for this person:

https://youtu.be/romNLePqqd0

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 1, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Sounds good. I'm glad Sony finally added quick resume

Quick Resume on consoles is cool so long as every single developer doesn't add required online functionality for their games, which whoops, most do in the AAA space. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

ACG’s review got posted a little early before he took it down…

I was expecting maybe at a minimum an average game, that was probably going to be dead on arrival due to a bad release schedule and awful marketing. Worst game of 2023 was not something I had considered.

This sounds familiar to what happened with Platinum Games when they made Babylon's Fall.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I was expecting maybe at a minimum an average game, that was probably going to be dead on arrival due to a bad release schedule and awful marketing. Worst game of 2023 was not something I had considered.

This sounds familiar to what happened with Platinum Games when they made Babylon's Fall.

Never released the xbox port, tragic really

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This looks like when I played Left 4 Dead on a Pentium 4 with a low profile AGP video card that didn't have the lighting hardware the game technically needed so everything was fullbright in it.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
60fps would have saved the game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Never released the xbox port, tragic really

You didn't miss anything. My lizard brain liked all of the loot collecting, but at the end of the day it would have been way better had it been a single player offline RPG with some co-op options, and had Platinums signature combat mechanics but with four weapons. Instead you just smashed four buttons over and over again in combat. It's even worst when you realize this is what that one exclusive Xbox game that got canceled was meant to be. Marvel's Avengers is a better game in the same sub-genre of RPG and on Game Pass.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Redfail

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Red4/10all

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Been hearing this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Have any headlines indicated that this video game about vampires might "suck" in a jovial manner?? Just spitballing here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

chupacabraTERROR posted:

It doesn't seem like it, cause that only applies to the Xbox version. The 30fps only is just a small part of a bigger problem with the game, and that is that it just really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The reviews pretty much match the marketing so no big surprises. I'll still play that garbage.