Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Soldiers of 4Chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Trillhouse posted:

rest in power

THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL WE ARE ON LOLIDEFCON 1

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toplowtech posted:

‘The smartest person in any room anywhere’: in defence of Elon Musk, by Douglas Coupland
gently caress if that room is America, it makes sense.

But to be honest, you can hydrate yourself with salt water. You just need to put the salter water in your body via an enema.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIG4TuVnvg

He's not using seawater for the enema. it's bird dung contaminated rain water.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Lladre posted:

He's not using seawater for the enema. it's bird dung contaminated rain water.

Is there any reason why he wants to put bird poo poo in the rain water?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nenonen posted:

Is there any reason why he wants to put bird poo poo in the rain water?

That show was scripted pretty heavily. I amn sure they thought it would make for great tele.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the lolis are currently undefended

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

A decapitation strike on the loli defense task force. My god...

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

1/3 of the web is WordPress lol

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

prior to musk taking over, it looks like Twitter was refusing to fully comply with ~50% of all law enforcement requests. now it's down to like 16%

https://twitter.com/restofworld/status/1653067278315921409

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

webcams for christ posted:

prior to musk taking over, it looks like Twitter was refusing to fully comply with ~50% of all law enforcement requests. now it's down to like 16%

With no one working there anymore it's probably easier to comply than look into it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

With no one working there anymore it's probably easier to comply than look into it.

but Looking into it

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

That DICK! posted:

Soldiers of 4Chan

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
You can get away with paying people very little when they are also drawing a paycheck from outside interests.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Silence is compliance

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Twitter Files ftw

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

engines didn't ignite
launch pad destroyed
rocket exploded, but even the flight termination failed with a 40 second delay
former wildlife preserve covered in poison

ars posted:

"Basically the outcome was roughly sort of what I expected and maybe slightly exceeded my expectations," he said. "And I'm glad to report that the pad damage is actually quite small, and it looks like it can be repaired quite quickly. It was actually just good to get this vehicle off the ground because we've made so many improvements in Booster 9 and beyond."

"Weirdly, we did not see evidence of the rock tornado actually damaging engines or heat shields in a material way," he said. "It may have been, but we have not yet seen evidence of that."

At 27 seconds into the flight, engine 19 lost communications concurrent with some kind of “energetic event,” Musk said. This also liberated the outer heat shield from four nearby engines. SpaceX engineers are still assessing exactly what this energetic event was. :thunk:

Just before a minute and a half into its mission, the rocket's flight termination system was initiated to break up the vehicle before it veered too far off course. Essentially, the ordnance on board the rocket detonates to rupture its fuel tanks, leading to a breakup. However, in this case, there was about a 40-second delay in the initiation of the system and the rocket breaking apart.

"The debris is really just basically sand and rock, so it's not toxic at all or anything," he said. "It's just like a sandstorm, essentially. Basically a human-made sandstorm. But we don't want to do that again."

He expects Starship to fly again in as few as two or three months.

just going to redesign and rebuild the engines and the launchpad and get approval again. should take a couple weeks

HAIL eSATA-n has issued a correction as of 21:47 on May 1, 2023

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
https://twitter.com/sxmureye/status/1653095654871162884?s=46

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1653117366211944451?t=KRuOlIApEWh0wJzpn-w37Q&s=19

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wanna see a video of an increasingly unhinged Elon going full Jerry Maguire and explaining to his investors that less users is actually better.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Wanna see a video of an increasingly unhinged Elon going full Jerry Maguire and explaining to his investors that less users is actually better.

well he did equate it to a reverse startup, so it's on schedule

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

twitter logged me out on desktop and I can't log back in lol. going great

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

well he did equate it to a reverse startup, so it's on schedule

a sort of "ShutDown", if you will

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Consider yourself lucky

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

maybe the point of the twitter files was to reveal they'd been collaborating with law enforcement poorly and were going to do better and the doofuses that thought it was 2 watergate 2 furious got bamboozled again

tho it is pretty funny taibbi is still running EXCLUSIVE THE TWITTER FILES REVEALED COLLABORATION WITH THE FBI stories and they're providing even more now

oh no maybe he doesn't know that since he and ol' musky aren't friends anymore :ohdear:

god we need tucker back more than ever there just isn't an independent voice for america now

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 20:52 on May 1, 2023

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

same lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

yup, I try to log back in and it just auto logs me back out

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah it's broken lol

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1653120283707056128?t=KyfsBQKwvgphMxBF-lxRiQ&s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gonna lmao when they just... never figure out how to fix it

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

-posted from LG Smart Refrigerator

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I was seeing the login page when clicking tweets from desktop but if I clicked the bird to back to home screen it would show me as still logged in.
For fun I logged out to see if I could log back in and I can not.
lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Move fast and break stuff! I'm a genius give me money

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I can log in but it immediately directs me to the logout page and I'm out again

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
yeah I can't log in on mobile web either, got booted out about 15-20 minutes ago

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
that's one way to fix the check mark issue

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

it fixes most issues with twitter

69 Body Problem
Apr 3, 2023

by vyelkin

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

engines didn't ignite
launch pad destroyed
rocket exploded, but even the flight termination failed with a 40 second delay
former wildlife preserve covered in poison

just going to redesign and rebuild the engines and the launchpad and get approval again. should take a couple weeks

would have been so much better if it exploded those fuel tanks to the right

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

who even uses wordpress anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CubanMissile posted:

do his investors even care? I figured the Saudis bought in just to get info on dissidents.