Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

2001 mariners
2007 patriots
2015-16 warriors

meet the 2022-23 bruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahaha sad boston fans

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Hey now at least the 2001 Mariners won a playoff series

I think they've been dethroned now for the most inglorious playoff exit.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I found out the Bruins lost when I checked a different online place I hang out and it was thread of "LOL BRUINS". Feels approriate even if I know very little about hockey.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I can't stop laughing

I'm wearing my Panthers jersey to work tomorrow lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is this funnier than when Tampa got swept by Columbus or no

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

Hey now at least the 2001 Mariners won a playoff series

I think they've been dethroned now for the most inglorious playoff exit.

Now, can the Kraken do to the Avs what the 2010 Seahawks did to the Saints...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Bobrovsky was the winning goalie for both series

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IMAGINE BEING THE BOSTON BRUINS

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Game 7 makes it more painful for me if I imagine myself to be a Bruins fan, but it's factually not as bad of a collapse I guess.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Bobrovsky was the winning goalie for both series

loving lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Braksgirl posted:

Or you can book your trips with me, a travel agent who specializes in Disney, for the low low price of free ninety nine.

Seems like a better plan. Do you do Disneyland as well?

Also lol Bruins.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Game 7 makes it more painful for me if I imagine myself to be a Bruins fan, but it's factually not as bad of a collapse I guess.

Yeah, it's not as bad of a playoff series as being swept like the Lightning were, but Boston set the record for wins (65) and most points (135) and since like November were being hyped up to a degree I can't recall for a team in a long time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy hell what a game. gently caress the bruins.

Now I’m conflicted - panthers vs leafs. What a time to be alive

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy hell what a game. gently caress the bruins.

Now I’m conflicted - panthers vs leafs. What a time to be alive

You know the true way

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maple Leafs are the Cowboys of the NHL, while the Bruins are easily the Patriots. Very easy transition of rooting interests.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Seems like a better plan. Do you do Disneyland as well?

Also lol Bruins.

Yes I do!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I went to Downtown Disney last week and it was neat

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 1, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Congrats. I didn't watch the whole series but from what I saw I felt like Colorado was the better team the entire time but it just didn't matter.

I love playoff hockey.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good god Seattle.

Felt like Colorado had the puck on offense for 50 out of the 60 minutes

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I am currently residing in a puddle where my body used to be. Good god that was tense.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Pretty sure when my family was going in the late 80's / early 90's, the entire trip with hotel room, 5 days in the 3 parks at world, food, car and everything for 4 people was probably comfortably under $3k

Stayed at a place like 20 minutes away, We'd get there right when the park opens, tool around until mid-day, leave for lunch, chill until late-afternoon, go back and tool around until we passed out and leave.
Yeah when I went as a kid we always stayed in Kissimmee which is nearby.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Good god Seattle.

Felt like Colorado had the puck on offense for 50 out of the 60 minutes

They made a billion shots on goal

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Avs :(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Its Rinaldo posted:

They made a billion shots on goal

34 v 27!!!

Despite that our goalie held strong and justice prevailed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How the hell am I going to sleep with my team winning a playoffs series lol

Good fuckin series even if it means Hakstol gets extended...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

34 v 27!!!

Despite that our goalie held strong and justice prevailed.

A billion attempted shots, not necessarily shots on goal. They were firing away and just missing a lot too included in to your goalie standing on his head and a whole lot of blocks happening in front of him. Just weird and beautiful for what it was.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

seiferguy posted:

Maple Leafs are the Cowboys of the NHL, while the Bruins are easily the Patriots. Very easy transition of rooting interests.

:hmmyes:

Leafs getting to the second round is unfortunate, if only because I was rooting for another first round collapse from them, but if the Rangers lose tonight it'll have been a good few days of playoff hockey

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

From champions to a first-round bounce. :(

Losing Kadri hurt them more than they tried to play it off.

Timby fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 1, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Happy May Day to all the workers of the world who observe

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

dirty shrimp money posted:

I’m going to do as little works as possible today in celebration.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Timby posted:

My MARTA experience is when I flew to Atlanta on a Monday January 2014, when two inches of snow and then a fuckton of ice shut the city down for a week.

That was our wedding week, and anyone who didn't do the direct flight from Minneapolis had a connection in Atlanta

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xxSsEqjIk

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

How the hell am I going to sleep with my team winning a playoffs series lol

Good fuckin series even if it means Hakstol gets extended...

I'm happy for the former UND coach. Rooting for Seattle to keep winning.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve never really listened to The National but my wife and I were discussing something about the Taylor Swift tour and how they should put some elder millennial sadboi music as the opener for all the dads out there and she mentioned that The National is referred to as Sad Dad music and now I feel obligated to listen. Like put down my REM New Adventures in HiFi or Decemberists or whatever and plug in.

He’s done a few songs with taysway. Coney Island is VERY good.

If you’re starting to get into the national, start at sad songs for dirty lovers, alligator, and boxer. Those three albums were incredible.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s done a few songs with taysway. Coney Island is VERY good.

If you’re starting to get into the national, start at sad songs for dirty lovers, alligator, and boxer. Those three albums were incredible.

I just hopped back into running for the thousandth time so I’ll queue those up for my next few jogs. E: getting Wilco vibes from sad songs album, very my poo poo

I’ve got to get some new shoes too. Had Brooks Ghost 10s which I didn’t love but I’ve worn through the tread. Might get some Hokas.

Need to get my fitness level up so I don’t look quite so broken in front of my incredibly fit brother in law when I’m doing my midlife crisis mountain trip.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 1, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Today I'm starting a new job after being laid off I'm January(kust a 4 hour training today on the EHR). Longest time I've been out of work in my career. But I've treasured the time with my family. We've been calling it "paternity leave 2.0" since I did 2 months of paternity leave when my 2nd was born in September of last year. It's amazing how different my relationship is with my sooon to be 8 month old compared to her sister at the same age where i didn't get as much time due to working. It's all smiles and love from the baby and not very much momma preference compared to the first. It's loving criminal how the US doesn't give parents and children time to bond. God drat barbaric as I have lived the two realities and I've only had 6 months of time with the new one. Not even a year. My relationship with my 3.5 year old has also developed alot with me home 24/7 and she is gonna have a hard transition (already has entered to turbo cling mode as we've prepped her across last week).

Ive also been in the gym a ton since being laid off and wanted to keep my gains. I ordered a 50-125 LBs Sandbag from a local place aanf when I went to pick it up yesterday they didn't have it. They apologized a lot and will ship it to me for free and they gave me a free lifting belt which I didn't have.

I busted it out today for some deadlift and have never used a belt before. The belt is amazing and bracing heavy. I normally keep poo poo pretty light due to being tall with a long torso and bad knees but I slowly cranked it up today. Deadlifted 305 and the belt made it sooo easy (realitively) and my back isn't even screaming at me just a little healthy sore. Haven't lifted over 300 in any lift since before kids/30. Feeling pretty good for crushing it at 35.

Anyway being laid off was a blessing and today was a reflective day. Hope everyone's day is going well.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hell yeah nice work making the most of a bad situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SO had a flat when she went to leave today, so I sent her off in my car while I put the donut on hers. Whichever nitwit they have at the dealership doing tire rotations because they can’t be trusted to do anything else crossthreaded one of the lug nuts, which would be fine if you’re using, I don’t know, an impact wrench, but SUCKS GIANT loving BALLS if you’re using the lovely tire iron that comes with the Corolla.