Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Something looks kinda weird about his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Black Lighter posted:

I swear, film critics these days are kinda pathetic in the way they prostrate themselves before any big blockbuster, past or present, that doesn't look like grey, processed slurry. Like, yeah, the clip there looks really generic, but that doesn't make Michael Bay's stuff any less awful or gross.

Hey now, didn't you see the reviews of Super Mario Bros?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Black Lighter posted:

I swear, film critics these days are kinda pathetic in the way they prostrate themselves before any big blockbuster, past or present, that doesn't look like grey, processed slurry. Like, yeah, the clip there looks really generic, but that doesn't make Michael Bay's stuff any less awful or gross.

...which major blockbuster is he prostrating himself before..?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I actually do think Danny McBride would be an interesting choice for the judge...

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

distortion park posted:

I don’t know what you’re talking about, Scott Eastwood looks perfectly normal

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

distortion park posted:

How is it being lit?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

B-Rock452 posted:

I actually do think Danny McBride would be an interesting choice for the judge...

They can't build a time machine and get early 90's John Goodman for the role so they may as well go crazy with the casting.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

distortion park posted:

I'm imaging like a Halloween H2O situation. Like oh yeah they had to CG his face for that one shot since due to a miscommunication Evans showed up to the set with is face painted bright pink, but then when they tried to cover it up with makeup on set to match how his face normally looked in previous appearances the director then changed his mind about how he wanted Evans' face to look and they weren't able to re-shoot everything in time.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Flying Zamboni posted:

They can't build a time machine and get early 90's John Goodman for the role so they may as well go crazy with the casting.

I think McBride has a more chaotic and violent energy to him that would fit the judge better. I can easily picture him dancing a naked jig or gleefully getting some random guy hung.

Honestly I think there is a greater danger with them miscasting The Kid. I can't really think of any relatively young actor that can pull off that character. Jeremy Allen White is probably a good bet but it will end up Timothy Chalamet.

Lobster Henry
Jul 10, 2012

studious as a butterfly in a parking lot
I feel like blood meridian needs to have an apocalypse now “descent into chaos”-style production with a mad genius st the helm to stand a chance of working.

It can’t just be a handsomely shot very violent film. It needs that extra something. But it could never happen I guess

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

I think McBride has a more chaotic and violent energy to him that would fit the judge better. I can easily picture him dancing a naked jig or gleefully getting some random guy hung.

Agreed. Although, at this point, I have to agree with a random tweet that said Judge Holden should be all CGI, just to really sell the uncanniness of him. He's would be a character who exists on an entirely different plane or state of reality than the others, who are grounded in our being. Everyone looking like the Deadwood cast with the grimeness filter rolled past 100% but the Judge is basically a translucent white Thanos.

quote:

Honestly I think there is a greater danger with them miscasting The Kid. I can't really think of any relatively young actor that can pull off that character. Jeremy Allen White is probably a good bet but it will end up Timothy Chalamet.

If the perfect Holden was '90s John Goodman, I will say that the perfect Kid would be Friday Night Lights-era Jesse Plemons. Also, I can't really hand it to James Franco, but perfect Toadvine would be Scott Glenn.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lobster Henry posted:

I feel like blood meridian needs to have an apocalypse now “descent into chaos”-style production with a mad genius st the helm to stand a chance of working.

It can’t just be a handsomely shot very violent film. It needs that extra something. But it could never happen I guess

Hairless Danny McBride showing up in Almería late, overweight by 100lbs and accidentally eating bugs during takes while John Hillcoat contemplates killing and replacing him

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hairless Danny McBride showing up in Almería late, overweight by 100lbs and accidentally eating bugs during takes while John Hillcoat contemplates killing and replacing him

An Adaptation-style adaptation where the movie is a metafiction about the cast and crew slipping into violence and degeneracy trying to bring it to the screen.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Lobster Henry posted:

I wish Ridley Scott was doing it, he said he walked away because he couldn't get the $$$ because he was going to make it basically like a new content rating level for violence would be needed for how graphic he would make it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I think Hillcoat can handle the violence, I love The Proposition and might be the only one who saw (and really liked) Triple Nine and he can definitely push the boundaries.

And crap, I can't believe I didn't think of an earlier Jessie Plemmons as The Kid, it's honestly perfect. And while Scott Glenn would make a great Toadvine, Guy Pearce would also be awesome

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit on it last year. Obviously some particular priorities there, but they clearly aren't averse to making pragmatic deals.

Isn't Roger Rabbit a Disney movie, via Buena Vista? I honestly don't entirely know how streaming rights work when older films had a tangle of different production and distribution companies.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chairman Capone posted:

Isn't Roger Rabbit a Disney movie, via Buena Vista? I honestly don't entirely know how streaming rights work when older films had a tangle of different production and distribution companies.

Yeah, produced by Touchstone (which was a Disney label) and distributed by Buena Vista.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Its a somewhat common insinuation that Roger Rabbit is part of the reason Aladdin exists because Richard Williams worked on the film and kept showing off WiP segments from Thief and the Cobbler to other crewmembers in an attempt to drum up interest in his project.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Barry Keoghan's like 30 but he could still probably play the kid. He's been playing sullen young weirdos for the last decade. For the judge I'd like to see John Carroll Lynch.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Payndz posted:

That looks fairly decent for a cutscene... wait, it's an actual movie? :rolleyes:

Got some bad news man, you're old. If you start comparing CGI to video game graphics, you're old. Those are the rules.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Its a somewhat common insinuation that Roger Rabbit is part of the reason Aladdin exists because Richard Williams worked on the film and kept showing off WiP segments from Thief and the Cobbler to other crewmembers in an attempt to drum up interest in his project.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Rabbit was the nexus for a fuckload of future projects given its nature as a coproduction. Disney did make a pseudo-sequel in Bonkers that basically operates on Roger Rabbit rules.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Somehow I missed that a Twisted Metal show was happening

Twisted Metal | Official Teaser | Peacock Original: https://youtu.be/cYb_HFHJJHs

Im extra confused by Will Arnett being the voice of Sweet Tooth

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'm just glad that they warned us the teaser was about to start so I wasn't scared by it starting.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Len posted:

Somehow I missed that a Twisted Metal show was happening

Twisted Metal | Official Teaser | Peacock Original: https://youtu.be/cYb_HFHJJHs

Im extra confused by Will Arnett being the voice of Sweet Tooth

I loved the poo poo out of Twisted Metal way back and Peacock has a lifetime pass from me for Chucky so I'm super hype for this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You mean syfy. Peacock didn’t make chucky

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

You mean syfy. Peacock didn’t make chucky

They're both under the NBCUniversal umbrella.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Marvel and lucasfilm are under Disney but they are separate things despite being under the same umbrella.

Give SYFY it’s credit for making a good rear end show imo lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

Marvel and lucasfilm are under Disney but they are separate things despite being under the same umbrella.

Give SYFY it’s credit for making a good rear end show imo lol

It's a Universal Content Productions show. They put it on Syfy because it was the best fit.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
syfy is still a thing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, barely.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

syfy is still a thing

I still can't believe something as good as The Expanse started on it.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Captain_Person posted:

I know somebody at Weta who had to roto out RDJ's double chin. It's not just vanity either, the prudes at Marvel had them reduce Chadwick Boseman's bulge.

I was on set for an RDJ film a few years back and his vanity and insecurity are legendary among production and post-production folk.

He wears huge shoe lifts and directors have to avoid full body shots where his lifts are visible. If there’s a wider shot where he’s fully in frame, they’ll either block his feet or film from an angle where the heel isn’t visible.

I was also told by the production coordinator not to notice or talk about his height on set.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I hope we get Optimus as a cop who was brutalized by government goons and then got dragged out while quoting Megatron.

You can't just say that without linking the pic:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol that's amazing.

Especially if you read Optimus in the voice of the Succulent Chinese Meal Guy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You'd be surprised what nerdy rear end writers have managed to do with the Transformers concept to make it actually a pretty interesting setting. This basically became the overall canon for Transformers around the 'Aligned' phase, which includes the High Moon games, Transformers Prime and sorta the movies.

Being a species of dual-mode shapeshifters by default, the old regime of Cybertron ended up as basically a strict caste system based on what you turn into- so no matter your particular talents and inclinations, you're assigned a job based on whether you're a car, a crane, a memory stick or... they ran into problems with Rung until they just put him down as 'Decorative', which totally doesn't highlight a major problem with this system. Megatron was originally a miner, who ended up a champion of the gladiatorial arenas as well as a revolutionary, who shared discourse with Orion Pax, an archivist and historian, both agreeing their society was not only terrible for most of its people but coming apart at the seams sooner or later. Of course, we know how that ended up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Context: one flower around your statue is worth 12 lives you are personally responsible for ending, either by giving the orders or pulling the trigger. This is Megatrons statue.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the reboot of the day

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1653075051858608146?s=46

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rollie Fingers posted:

I was on set for an RDJ film a few years back and his vanity and insecurity are legendary among production and post-production folk.

He wears huge shoe lifts and directors have to avoid full body shots where his lifts are visible. If there’s a wider shot where he’s fully in frame, they’ll either block his feet or film from an angle where the heel isn’t visible.

I was also told by the production coordinator not to notice or talk about his height on set.

He wears Cuban heels.

That's a style choice.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You'd be surprised what nerdy rear end writers have managed to do with the Transformers concept to make it actually a pretty interesting setting. This basically became the overall canon for Transformers around the 'Aligned' phase, which includes the High Moon games, Transformers Prime and sorta the movies.

Being a species of dual-mode shapeshifters by default, the old regime of Cybertron ended up as basically a strict caste system based on what you turn into- so no matter your particular talents and inclinations, you're assigned a job based on whether you're a car, a crane, a memory stick or... they ran into problems with Rung until they just put him down as 'Decorative', which totally doesn't highlight a major problem with this system. Megatron was originally a miner, who ended up a champion of the gladiatorial arenas as well as a revolutionary, who shared discourse with Orion Pax, an archivist and historian, both agreeing their society was not only terrible for most of its people but coming apart at the seams sooner or later. Of course, we know how that ended up.

I tried getting into the IDW Transformers comics but they are kind of a mess to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

did the first movie end on a

Cliffhanger

hehehhehehehehheeheheheheheheheheheh

seriously though did it

I feel like I've been asking for decades and the answer is always no