Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hundred car pile-up on I-55 in Illinois because some farmer decided he refused to have trees lining his field, didn't care that it was dry and super windy, and then basically made a dust storm all over the highway that turned into the highway of death.

things are going great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1652899029569908738?s=20

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I legit want a mini pickup for minor poo poo like camping and going to the dump, like the old Ford ranger sized, but everything is a 40k colossus these days

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1653115861169758247

nobody has learned poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My girlfriend found 04 ranger on fb market place for 1k and knows I want one but goddammit I cannot justify that right now

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nobody should own a truck but renting a truck should be insanely cheap and easy. This is probably also true if cars but hard to imagine how you pull that off.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What do people have against buying a trailer?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Nobody should own a truck but renting a truck should be insanely cheap and easy. This is probably also true if cars but hard to imagine how you pull that off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Yjv-eCrNY

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Home Depot rents pick ups for pretty cheap. It should be cheaper but after insurance and gas and such for like an hour, which was all we needed it for, it was like 50 bucks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What do people have against buying a trailer?

space to keep it

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I wish our cars were optional but we have no public transit access.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Home Depot rents pick ups for pretty cheap. It should be cheaper but after insurance and gas and such for like an hour, which was all we needed it for, it was like 50 bucks.

This is the semi-regular recommendation made to people in the "recommend me a car" thread in AI who are contemplating buying a truck as a DD because they need to move a couple sheets of plywood every other month. Maybe regional differences, but even $50 is high in my experience.

Also Home Depot (or whatever big box store you rent it from) does not give a single gently caress if you're buying anything at the time. You can rent the truck, go get whatever oversized poo poo you're buying on Facebook Marketplace, and return the truck with zero issue.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

some trucks are cool

Ford Rangers are good little trucks!

Nov 6, 2002

This is actually meaningful.

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1653085791868928001

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alright I’m inquiring about this ranger.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I had a 99 S-10 for about a year, bounciest little fucker. My lifted 2000 Sierra is probably considered a small truck by todays standards

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I have an 03 Ranger that I keep around for hauling stuff and to have something to work on. It owns.

Gonna replace the front wheel bearings on it this weekend.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

His name is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. He is of the line of Isildur and the last rightful King of Gondor.

Nov 6, 2002

Gondor has no king.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

Forget that, contact your fellow goon about this:

savesthedayrocks posted:

During the pandemic I decided to buy another project since I had all this free time, but I'm moving states so time to go.

Year: 1992
Make: Honda
Model: Acty
Color: Blue
Odometer: 74499 Kilometers
Price: Sold locally

I imported this Acty through JapanCarDirect in 2021, and has been titled in Idaho ever since. I've had a blast with this truck, it's super simple to do maintenance on with access to the engine on all sides. Parts are easy to get, and there is a small aftermarket presence. Truck starts up perfectly, and is on a battery tender when not in use. If you are in a place with snow - this is hilariously fun to bomb around in with the full time all wheel drive. There's a manual adjustment you can make under the truck if 2wd is more your thing, but I've not messed with it.

This was a work truck in Japan, so it is far from a show car. The door panels have seen some sun, and there is a tear in the driver's seat. I bought a cheap stereo to replace the factory radio, but the harness doesn't make a great connection so it currently doesn't output sound. When I plug the OEM radio back in though there is static so I know the speaker works. Has the factory floor mat in great condition, I also added a LED flare for that JDM touch. I'll even throw in the Japanese Red Bull can that came inside the glove box!

Happy to answer any questions!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

No Butt Stuff posted:

space to keep it

Yeah that's about it. I do enough hauling around that a smaller truck (like a Taco) would be nice, but am eyeing up a 4Runner for ease of transporting family and dog on trips.

Now if Toyota would hurry the gently caress up and announce hybrid versions of both, I can figure how which organ I need to sell.

Nov 6, 2002

Twitter desktop sign in broken right now lol.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Twitter desktop sign in broken right now lol.

Yeah, I had to clear data for that site, then restart my browser and I could sign back in.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Forget that, contact your fellow goon about this:

Oh gently caress yes, those things rule and it’s a shame that we don’t have them in the US.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If I enable the extension that automatically blocks Twitter blue users the site auto logs me out wonder if adding that broke logins the way adding something always breaks the site

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

There is a very easy way to never worry about logging into Twitter again

All the good stuff is shared in here, the post tweets thread, or the Elon lol thread anyway

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gondor needs no king.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

I have an 03 Ranger that I keep around for hauling stuff and to have something to work on. It owns.

Gonna replace the front wheel bearings on it this weekend.

What kinda salt-of-the-earth man are you!!!

Out there personally fixing up your pickup? When did you learn to be a mechanic? V useful skill for the apocalypse if “State of Decay” video game is any indication.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Its over for Febreeze:

https://twitter.com/GarryGates/status/1652875296780226560?t=-5O7Nt84YyziaOUY7RL-hw&s=19

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jesus Christ, some of those are awesome, some have some real "Last thing you see before you die and are sent to hell." vibes

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 1, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/garrygates/status/1652875309157597185?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

It’s my new team, the Poonats

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m the niners mascot

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

There’s is a lot to unpack there. 49ers dude in a diaper, Colts boner, Dolphin mascot in general, Giants guy, Washington being basically their old mascot…

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I like that it gave the Colts a big ol dick. I also like the randoms words likes NEWTS or RAWEREDS

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think AI is playing dumb so we laugh at it and laugh at the obvious mistakes, then all of a sudden it’s August 29th and John Conner is hidden away in a mountain somewhere.

Poonats is funny though. 😄

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also the Vikings is actually real good.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Losing my mind at Poonats

Dolphins, Titans, and Chargers are store brand Power Rangers characters

Browns is just the lucky fan in section 312, Row 8, Seat 16

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NEWT perfectly encapsulates the Giants 10/10 no notes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

why are we gnats?

and why are we poo'ing?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This cat is preaching in an airport terminal and I, for one, would like to hear the message he's spreading.

God I can do that through AI too if I wanted to mess around with the chat bots.