Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

The only good Zelda game was Darksiders 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's just cutscenes and plot? I likely won't see it unless one of you all posts it here/talks about it, so I don't really care, but if they're not like revealing the map and all then I'm fine. Seeing BotW without knowing what to expect was such a thrill. So I haven't bothered to find out much about TotK either.

I mean if it gets out and someone tells me I won't care, but I know how I hope to enjoy the game.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Does Nintendo normally release a system update on launch of new big games?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Major spoilers for previously-unknown content in BotW:

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1652875490364121089

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Never played it beyond the demo of the first area

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's just cutscenes and plot? I likely won't see it unless one of you all posts it here/talks about it, so I don't really care, but if they're not like revealing the map and all then I'm fine. Seeing BotW without knowing what to expect was such a thrill. So I haven't bothered to find out much about TotK either.

I mean if it gets out and someone tells me I won't care, but I know how I hope to enjoy the game.

No, the whole game is out and being played right now on modded switches and emulators.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

FlapYoJacks posted:

Big Zelda spoilers ahead:

Link is the main character, not Zelda.

Substantial, if factual

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, the whole game is out and being played right now on modded switches and emulators.

How'd they manage to do that? Future is wild.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone dumped a cart

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Big Zelda spoilers ahead:

Link is the main character, not Zelda.

I need a picture of Link with Kurt Russell's look from Big Trouble in Little China

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How'd they manage to do that? Future is wild.

probably people in retail swiped copies

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

hatty posted:

Someone dumped a cart

Augus posted:

probably people in retail swiped copies

I'm less impressed. I thought someone had hacked a mainframe like they told us they would in the 90's and 00's.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that'd be really stupid

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm less impressed. I thought someone had hacked a mainframe like they told us they would in the 90's and 00's.

"... We're in." :coal:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

wasnt there a point where you could just browse the Sony CDN server and download the games that way if you knew the URL

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah most leaks are from a physical copy being dumped, those things have to be made and printed months in advance if not longer

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I mean it wouldn't really be more impressive or effort-intensive if someone uploaded the ROM from a computer in Nintendo Headquarters. The internet makes it trivial to leak things because you can instantly share and distribute it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Having never worked for them, stealing assets from internal corporate networks is way more impressive than dumping a physical copy. I assume they have a robust internal security/audit team and they will go after ur rear end if they detect any bullshit

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

KingSlime posted:

It's Zelda though other than environments and items what is there to spoil? I can't think of a single memorable or surprising "twist" in any mainline game and they all play out quite by the numbers

Sheik’s real identity?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wind Waker was my first Zelda so Tetra being Zelda was a pretty big twist for me, but I guess if you’d played OoT before that it probably would’ve primed you for that reveal

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Sheik’s real identity?

To me that felt more like a "oh huh, that makes sense" than a holy poo poo what moment. They emphasized sheik's connection to the royal family too so it was foreshadowed a little bit I thought

Tetra was a funner twist because she was very different in terms of vibe so it was less expected.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasnt there a point where you could just browse the Sony CDN server and download the games that way if you knew the URL

i played botw a week early because the way of piracy with the wii u was that you downloaded it directly from nintendo's servers as long as you had the software key

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Asking here since the Zelda thread is a landmine rn, what's the easiest way to get to the Towers between Geruda and Tabantha, and the one Northeast from Tabantha? Haven't found an easy way to access them, even with 2 Stamina wheels.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

For a long time the 3DS eShop worked like this. You could even play online and get regular updates for your ill-gotten games because there was no check to see if you actually owned a game downloaded from the eShop.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I am just now finding out that in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition you can see which keeps award treasure chests by looking at the Battlefield Info screen :aaaaa:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Asking here since the Zelda thread is a landmine rn, what's the easiest way to get to the Towers between Geruda and Tabantha, and the one Northeast from Tabantha? Haven't found an easy way to access them, even with 2 Stamina wheels.

don't remember what the deal with those towers was but if it's just climbing them that's giving you trouble, eat stamina food.
also if you haven't found the climbing gear yet, leaping with X is much less stamina-efficient than just normal climbing

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Augus posted:

I am just now finding out that in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition you can see which keeps award treasure chests by looking at the Battlefield Info screen :aaaaa:

don't remember what the deal with those towers was but if it's just climbing them that's giving you trouble, eat stamina food.
also if you haven't found the climbing gear yet, leaping with X is much less stamina-efficient than just normal climbing

Oh, no, climbing is no longer a problem and I knew about the X innefficiency.

It's just I don't see a good way to reach them. The one on the West region I can't even see, and the one in the north (left of Lost Woods) I don't see a path to reach from the south.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

KingSlime posted:

It's Zelda though other than environments and items what is there to spoil?

KingSlime posted:

Of course there's always a possibility of a bad faith content creator stringing of chain of really important / spoilery footage together in a quick compilation I guess

this is the best thread in video games, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh, no, climbing is no longer a problem and I knew about the X innefficiency.

It's just I don't see a good way to reach them. The one on the West region I can't even see, and the one in the north (left of Lost Woods) I don't see a path to reach from the south.

oh I think I know which ones you're talking about

the one north of Gerudo is behind a sandstorm iirc , there's a shrine quest about figuring out how to gets past that sandstorm that you get from the bazaar on the way to Gerudo Town.
the one west of the lost woods you can reach by just following the roads around the canyon.

richardtodd
Jan 7, 2006

Anyone looking for a switch online account with the expansion pass, I am trying to fill a family group. SA mart post here.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
:pray: May Din grant us the Power to avoid spoilers until release, may Nayru grant us the Wisdom to not watch youtube explainz videos, and may Farore grant us the Courage to :justpost:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spoilers: Ganondorf loses again

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yo that’s hosed up, mods?!?!?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Only if you win :ohdear:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Augus posted:

oh I think I know which ones you're talking about

the one north of Gerudo is behind a sandstorm iirc , there's a shrine quest about figuring out how to gets past that sandstorm that you get from the bazaar on the way to Gerudo Town.
the one west of the lost woods you can reach by just following the roads around the canyon.

Ah, perfect. I can ignore that one then until I go explore Gerudo.

But first, I had to make sure I got 3 top tier horses. And the giant one. Sadly my stables are full now so no more special horses until I free one.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

RBA Starblade posted:

He wins before BotW starts

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Link dies

A lot

Because you’re bad at the game

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kevyn posted:

Link dies

A lot

Because you’re bad at the game

Are you a psychic???

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Is the OG Switch dual voltage? If I go to Europe, can I plug it into a 220v outlet directly? Same question for the dock itself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is the OG Switch dual voltage? If I go to Europe, can I plug it into a 220v outlet directly? Same question for the dock itself.

Quick Google search says yes, though obv a plug adapter will be needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, like, wow. I just climbed a mountain to get a better view and find a tower, and it turns out it had stuff including a memory and korok.

Consider me a believer now, BotW rules.