Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
:nice:

I did a coconut oil gummy batch a while ago and people complained some were really strong and other weak, but I mixed everything pretty well, any idea why that happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Probably on the person end with those genes that make edibles not work

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I thought that might be the case but I sort of noticed it and then a few others who used them a few times alsomentioned it independently.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Does anyone if they’re on a more anxious strain be like “Oh gently caress there’s something I forgot to do! I have to change the filter on the AC in the basement I have to check the smoke alarms!” and then remember that you’re high as gently caress and can’t so anything right now other than sit,and also whatever the problem is can probably wait a few hours?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sucrose posted:

Does anyone if they’re on a more anxious strain be like “Oh gently caress there’s something I forgot to do! I have to change the filter on the AC in the basement I have to check the smoke alarms!” and then remember that you’re high as gently caress and can’t so anything right now other than sit,and also whatever the problem is can probably wait a few hours?

Weed paranoia - you've not checked under your bed for monsters since you were 6, but you're going to check tonight.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Sucrose posted:

I was gonna go to work, but I got high

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Weed paranoia - you've not checked under your bed for monsters since you were 6, but you're going to check tonight.

Usually when I smoke it’s not bad, but I swear edibles make me crazy anxious if I have more than a tiny amount. It’s like a whole different drug.

I have anxiety in general though, I take medication for it. I’m trying to smoke more weed and drink less alcohol, I think alcohol is worse for your body and definitely more habit-forming. Boy I gotta hit something after work for my anxiety a lot, and downing a shot or two is definitely not a good habit to get into, I know. I always just want to take the edge off, you know?

Man, I’ve got a brain that was meant to be on constant watch for any lions in the bushes about to jump out and eat us, it just wasn’t meant to live in an apartment and pay bills.

Oh I got generations of men in my family who dealt with their nerves by smoking cigarettes that took decades off their lives, I’m never going that route. I’m sure it would feel good to have a cigarette in my hands all the time, but you don’t see your dad and his dad die at 65 and then turn around and do the same poo poo.

In short I’ve got hereditary anxiety and I need a drug to get in the habit of, but it’s NOT going to be cigarettes like killed previous generations of my family, and I don’t wanna make it alcohol. Sorry for rambling.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 1, 2023

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Usually when I smoke it’s not bad, but I swear edibles make me crazy anxious if I have more than a tiny amount. It’s like a whole different drug.

I have anxiety in general though, I take medication for it. I’m trying to smoke more weed and drink less alcohol, I think alcohol is worse for your body and definitely more habit-forming. Boy I gotta hit something after work for my anxiety a lot, and downing a shot or two is definitely not a good habit to get into, I know. I always just want to take the edge off, you know?

Man, I’ve got a brain that was meant to be on constant watch for any lions in the bushes about to jump out and eat us, it just wasn’t meant to live in an apartment and pay bills.

Oh I got generations of men in my family who dealt with their nerves by smoking cigarettes that took decades off their lives, I’m never going that route. I’m sure it would feel good to have a cigarette in my hands all the time, but you don’t see your dad and his dad die at 65 and then turn around and do the same poo poo.

In short I’ve got hereditary anxiety and I need a drug to get in the habit of, but it’s NOT going to be cigarettes like killed previous generations of my family, and I don’t wanna make it alcohol. Sorry for rambling.

Have you tried CBD on its own?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hey I'm trying to find that insane electric water swirling bong that was posted a while back. I'm going back through the thread to try to find it, but does anyone have a link to the post/product on hand?

never mind. Found it.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 1, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i just finished a tour that included the legal states of new jersey, new york, michigan, maine, rhode island, and connecticut. but only had time or need to go shopping in nyc, michigan, and maine. some of my tourmates went to a dispensary in jersey as well. of these, michigan had by far the best prices, almost as good as oregon. maine was more expensive, but had better variety and had dispensaries everywhere. in rhode island and connecticut it seems more rare like in mass where the dispensaries are kind of buttoned up and clinical feeling. nyc's "dispensaries" remind me of the sketchy thc8/kratom shops you see in the south, except that they sell actual weed, albeit at absurd prices and it tastes like grape candy.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I enjoy the nice pinch of kief I get from using my 2 piece grinder every time I pack a bowl or twist up.

mr.winky
May 1, 2023

by vyelkin
anyway to force the liver to metabolize faster?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
get healthier

mr.winky
May 1, 2023

by vyelkin

no amount of carrots will make my liver 90% faster

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
90% no, but more fiber will actually speed it up a bit.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If you ever want to feel like your ape ancestors, get really high and eat a big piece of juicy watermelon off the rind.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

If you ever want to feel like your ape ancestors, get really high and eat a big piece of juicy watermelon off the rind.

:hmmyes: If you eat an orange it will make you not-high, so maybe eat like a shitload of oranges?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

If you eat an orange it will make you not-high

what are you talking about

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like that's something I've heard too.

Just like you caffeinate a drunk

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I got "the fear" from some of that jwh synthetic stuff years ago
It was every paranoid high I'd ever had, all at once, like a bucket of spiders tipped down the front of my shirt

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sucrose posted:

For what it's worth on 4/20 I bought a bunch of edibles and I've stopped taking them now because they were sending my anxiety through the goddamn roof

The 1:1:1:1 thc:cbd:cbg:cbn ones were much smoother and only gave me anxiety after several consecutive days of use but the other ones (which were all some combination of thc + high cbd, cbg, or cbn) exascerbated my existing anxiety to stratospheric levels

Carlos Lantana posted:

I got "the fear" from some of that jwh synthetic stuff years ago
It was every paranoid high I'd ever had, all at once, like a bucket of spiders tipped down the front of my shirt

I had a friend have a complete schizophrenic breakdown that led to being institutionalized for a couple weeks and never being the same again after smoking synthetic weed for a while, which I am convinced is in some part an underlying issue that he had, but I have heard too many similar stories to believe the synthetic weed didn't contribute

I also regrettably smoked it for a while like 15 years ago and developed a bunch of chronic health problems out of the blue shortly after that still significantly affect the quality of my life, including blood cancer :smith: Seems to be the case for most people I know who smoked it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 1, 2023

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Generally speaking if you have overly active anxiety without smoking, avoid Sativa strains. A real speedy Sativa will absolutely send me up paranoia, and I've learned that Indicas don't have the same effect for me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Indica 4 lyfe

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Trip report

The lollies are super low dose, maybe equivalent to 2-4 drops of full spectrum oil

Pleasent taste
Going to see how they function medically today

But they seem to be a fantastic low dose batch :)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Finally broke down and picked up a double infused orange kush blunt w resin and kief.

Undoubtedly not worth the money but what the gently caress.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I feel like that's something I've heard too.

Just like you caffeinate a drunk

that doesn't really work either. eating more will slightly reduce drunkenness (but not enough to be able to safely drive or whatever, and it will also make you sleepy) but the idea that caffeine works against drunkenness is a myth. you'll just get more dehydrated, and you will feel more alert, but you aren't really and your reaction time will still be all hosed up

i've eaten oranges and drank orange juice while high plenty of times and never noticed it having an effect either way.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 1, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh I guess I wasn't being clear, I meant those are both dumbass plans heh

mr.winky
May 1, 2023

by vyelkin
next on the list is to have mother become a state licensed dispensary

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Local place opened up a sky bar so I've been loading up my dugout and chilling up there. It's a great scene.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

onesixtwo posted:

Generally speaking if you have overly active anxiety without smoking, avoid Sativa strains. A real speedy Sativa will absolutely send me up paranoia, and I've learned that Indicas don't have the same effect for me.

If you believe in terpenes, I've consistently found that terpinolene amps up my anxiety/paranoia. Maybe confirmation bias, but I've got a history of legal labeled weed that at least suggests a correlation.

Best part is that it's not a mandatory part of sativas - my partner prefers sativa, and we can usually split the difference on a limonene-based strain as long as it doesn't have too much linalool :pseudo:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9104A29bycM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

big ol' doinks

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwefxPV3mE

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Outrail posted:

:nice:

I did a coconut oil gummy batch a while ago and people complained some were really strong and other weak, but I mixed everything pretty well, any idea why that happens?

The oil. It doesn't mix well.
I was lazy and didn't want to go to the store that stocks Everclear so I used some coconut MCT oil I had on hand instead. I also didn't have soy lecithin on hand. Won't be making that mistake again. 1 is never enough but 2 could send me to an uncomfortable place since they aren't consistent. Oil extract works fine for stuff like brownies, cookies, or caramels when you're adding it to a bunch more fat but gummies are water based and the oil doesn't get distributed evenly enough for my IMO. Even commercial places gently caress up dose consistency: some of our local legal "5mg" gummies are testing at 30mg or more.

Earwicker posted:

regardless of crossing state lines, even in legal states you can't just go in and buy 5 pounds of weed anywhere. most places have a 1 or 2 ounce limit. i don't know why you'd need a pound unless you were going into business yourself.

MN will have a 2oz limit "in public" so you won't be able to rock up to a single dispensary and buy a pound, but there are no daily limits if you want to visit a bunch of shops and risk a fine. (I'm just assuming it's only a fine because anything under 42.5g is already only a $200 fine. MN decriminalized in 1976)
Total limit at home has yet to be determined. The house bill is 1.5lbs at home. The senate bill is 5lbs at home but "only" 2lbs can be purchased, the other 3 pounds in the limit is for homegrown. This is one of the big issues in reconciliation of the bills before the unified version can become law. With a 4 flowering plant limit, which favors large plant outdoor grows, the 1.5lb limit per household is a bit tight.

We're also keeping our weird "low-thc products" law. While those "hemp derived thc products" are federally legal, the language of the previous MN statute made them illegal at the state level so we explicitly passed a law to legalize them. We've got a whole taproom/bar scene happening now with THC drinks and it's really neat. You'll still be able to order low dose hemp derived THC drinks at the bar or buy edibles from the grocery store once weed is legal. Currently edibles are considered food, can be sold by anybody that has a license to sell food, and since it's food there's no tax. I don't think there's anywhere else in the world you can buy a can of weed and drink it at the bar? It's pretty neat. The sky isn't falling with THC consumption in public places! Gatekeeping weed behind airlock doors and security guards is a weird thing to me; a guy that can just walk into a taproom and buy a drink and get high.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dynavap M plus trip report:

I'm fuckin munted, so it's got my personal thumbs up.

What's good:

Bowl is 15% bigger than the old M.

"Teeth" on the bowl slightly sharper so better at cutting up bud

The taper of the bottom of the stem seems to help get a more even heat in the bowl (I'm using an induction heater). I still end up doing 3-4 heat cycles but but it does seem more evenly cooked. It certainly "feels" more efficient. More talented weedmancers than me might indeed get max extraction in 1-2 heat cycles.

The stem texture is easier to hold than the old M.

The tip uses 2 o rings instead of 3 like the old M which is a maintenance save. The O rings are recessed so as not to be potentially exposed to flame (if lighter heating) unlike the old M.

The bad:

The taper of the bowl puts the cap in a position where the scoop might bend.

Summary:

Small but noticeable improvement in design of the ergonomics. In my opinion, it is also slightly more efficient in extraction than the base M, or even the Omni. Of all the models on offer, I think it's probably the best bang for buck and will be the one I'll be recommending going forward. FMJ remains a mandatory upgrade.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

We're also keeping our weird "low-thc products" law.
What's considered "low" in this situation? Also, it's interesting that bars and tap rooms would be serving THC drinks; while it makes sense on its face (where else, really?), there has been such a concerted effort to keep alcohol and cannabis from existing together in the same product that it seems a little weird to have them both offered, even separately, at the same venue.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
maybe its because i can only afford the very cheapest weed but whats going on with people who get multiple hits on an vapcap + IH setup? Do you just set the time/temp pretty low and keep going back in? It's always been my goal to kill it in one go.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have the Apollo 2 IH. Probably gives 2-3 temp cycles. I can push it to 1-2 if i just wait 4-5 seconds after the click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Hirayuki posted:

What's considered "low" in this situation?
In MN its 5mg per serving