Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not sure if this is the same LARP as you're all talking about but it involves goons and vampires and, most importantly, burritos, so I'm sharing it anyway.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Not sure if this is the same LARP as you're all talking about but it involves goons and vampires and, most importantly, burritos, so I'm sharing it anyway.

the storyteller both being a part of the freak group and then going "hmm, these guys make a good point, you're all dead, tough poo poo" the moment they get trolled is literally a perfect microcosm of LARPing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I want to believe this is true because lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I want to believe there is an actual cadre of LARP vampire hunters out there, who hate LARP vampires and follow reports of creepers to go kill them by their own rules.

Also I don't really want to believe that, so it's a win either way.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
everythings better with burritos

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I want to believe there is an actual cadre of LARP vampire hunters out there, who hate LARP vampires and follow reports of creepers to go kill them by their own rules.

Also I don't really want to believe that, so it's a win either way.

Larping as richter Belmont and crashing vampire LARPs by throwing bottles of water and stick crosses around would be funny - or maybe I’m just tired

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This, plus it stars Mark Dacascos of Iron Chef America/John Wick 3 fame. I also strongly recommend Only the Strong which is an early 90s movie where he plays an ex-green beret who teaches capoeira to delinquent high schoolers

he was in a Canadian TV series based on the Crow back in the 90s too, I'm pretty out of touch since I seem to remember his name from that more than anything else lol

Canada used to have a cable channel in the 2000s that played all sorts of low-to-medium quality reruns of 90s Canadian poo poo, it owned

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol canadian crow

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Quote not edit

Amazing snipe
:goodshit::yaycat:

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I haven't really watched it other than snippets but there's some action series starring the guy from the raid and Mark's character is supposedly some ancient warrior guy inhabiting his body and it has some very funny cgi when they show off how he's possessed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
trailer park boys crow crossover

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
rip brandon Lee, killed by a loaded 40 thrown by a bottle kid

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Screaming heard just off screen "gently caress off with the guns!!"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Mr. Lahey, a direct descendant of Abraham Van Helsing, reaches for his bottle and orders Randy to start whittling down rakes into vampire stakes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Found the video I had in mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXQMq967PY

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hahaha, also yeah that's a Vampire: The Masquerade thing. It's that common.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

Mr. Lahey, a direct descendant of Abraham Van Helsing, reaches for his bottle and orders Randy to start whittling down rakes into vampire stakes.

"Look at that, Randy-Bandy. What do you see?"

"I see a trailer, Mr. Lahey."

"It's a poo poo-castle. And inside is the worst kind of villain imaginable..... a shitpire."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

grieving for Gandalf posted:

"It's a poo poo-castle. And inside is the worst kind of villain imaginable..... a shitpire."

Lmao

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
these castles are public domain ricky

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Ricky nonchalantly walks up to Dracula, “smokes let’s go”

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about ricky stumbling through a land acknowledgement after learning that vampires have to sleep on their native soil

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

fuckin lesser vampire down the way started stealnall my weed so i just said gently caress it started plantin all my weed plants with garlic, yanno poo poo sucks to touch hurts like hell but i figured i could take it. but then them seeds started, iunno, cross pollernation or whatever, seeds started fuckin havin seed babies and now i got this garlic-weed poo poo that gets higher vampires more hosed up than ever, this guy nox fartu keeps bringin pouches a jewels n poo poo fer garbage bags of the stuff

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

alucardles:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Paladinus posted:

They should call it Clown: The Circus.

That’s just Juggalo life.

I LARPd when I was like 20? But tbh it was just an excuse to see my friend across town and go to Denny’s at 2am and eat trash food. I clearly remember the last time I went because some of us went to WalMart at 2am and it hit me I’m that person considering buying crayons in a WalMart at 2am.

I was that person who didn’t take the game seriously via playing as the goofy Malk that read tarot with Pokémon cards then when chided in-game for being childish dressed up nice and pretended to be a Ventrue (“I’m the secretary!”) taking notes that looked like nonsense but were coded player names/plot points (because I was bored af at these things).

copy
Jul 26, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
juggalo the gathering

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That’s just Juggalo life.

I LARPd when I was like 20? But tbh it was just an excuse to see my friend across town and go to Denny’s at 2am and eat trash food. I clearly remember the last time I went because some of us went to WalMart at 2am and it hit me I’m that person considering buying crayons in a WalMart at 2am.

I was that person who didn’t take the game seriously via playing as the goofy Malk that read tarot with Pokémon cards then when chided in-game for being childish dressed up nice and pretended to be a Ventrue (“I’m the secretary!”) taking notes that looked like nonsense but were coded player names/plot points (because I was bored af at these things).

what item you are buying at walmart at 2 am really says a lot about where your life is at

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wasted youth: Denny's and Walmart at 2 AM because you're partying
Mature adulthood: Denny's and Walmart at 2 AM because you work nights, just left work, and there are no other food or grocery options open

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For me it was ihop

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
Me and my high school friends would go to IHop at 2am and play like Uno and gently caress around and no one cared because it was 2am. We'd just drink coffee and camp out the booth for a few hours, it ruled.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i used to love going to the grocery store at weird hours when i worked overnights, and feeling immense kinship with everyone there. its impossible to know the life circumstances of everyone inside a kroger at 3:30 in the morning but they cannot be good.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
my friends and i would go to a dennys that had loving "foodfight!" toys in the claw machine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

in high school my friends and i spent 24 hours in a dennys, the manager said it was okay as long we periodically ordered food and didnt sleep. it rocked.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

in high school my friends and i spent 24 hours in a dennys, the manager said it was okay as long we periodically ordered food and didnt sleep. it rocked.

why

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

for the challenge

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

for the challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxe71i8Hegg

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

in some places it's either that or meth for excitement

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost
Yeah, that's just what passes for fun in the rural United States. Its that or like dynamite fishing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the sad thing is that this was in a very big city lol. anyway nobuo uematsu ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
writing the entire soundtrack to final fantasy 7 after doing meth in the local japanese dennys