Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsybnoSTlBk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Lobok posted:

I wonder if that woman likes that the clip was edited to just the two reactions because in the full vid she only reconsiders for a second and then goes back to No.

It made her a lot of money and got her started as a comedy tiktoker, and now she's doing poo poo in LA apparently. This interview seems to basically say "it's good and bad because I'm 'kombucha girl' forever but also it has opened up a lot of opportunities for me"

I know that's not exactly what you were asking but I Googled and found this so

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/8/25/21399317/brittany-broski-kombucha-tiktok-tomlinson

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I bet she feels better about it than the "worst guy you know" guy from the Onion.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lobok posted:

I wonder if that woman likes that the clip was edited to just the two reactions because in the full vid she only reconsiders for a second and then goes back to No.

She's built an instagram influencer/tiktok celebrity career from that meme, so I imagine she's fine with it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I bet she feels better about it than the "worst guy you know" guy from the Onion.

Hey, at least he's known for making some great points

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Read some article a while back about him too. He had no idea and did not care (he lives in Europe somewhere iirc and didn't speak English and didn't use the internet enough to care about memes)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Read some article a while back about him too. He had no idea and did not care (he lives in Europe somewhere iirc and didn't speak English and didn't use the internet enough to care about memes)

Heartbreaking: Worst Guy You Know Isn't Even Owned

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

fishing with the fam posted:

While it doesn't appeal to me, I still find it impressive how he crafted maybe the most singular style of any director. I can't think of any other director that elicits the same kind of 'this is Wes Andersony' feel.

Roy Andersson is 100% another case of this. Very much an acquired taste but I love em.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://slate.com/culture/2021/10/man-photo-clickhole-worst-person-you-know.html

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Heartbreaking: Worst Guy You Know Isn't Even Owned

https://slate.com/culture/2021/10/man-photo-clickhole-worst-person-you-know.html

Found it

Also found some guardian article that says it freaked him out and he was worried it would ruin his life, so I don't know which is true. I choose to believe he doesn't care and is living his best life ignoring us weirdos on the internet

Edit: gently caress

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know that's not exactly what you were asking but I Googled and found this so

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/8/25/21399317/brittany-broski-kombucha-tiktok-tomlinson

Thanks. Kinda like you said, it's not really the overall effect of the meme I was wondering about but specifically that it was cut. Like a comic strip that gets passed around missing the final panel.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

That doesn't really work as they are all still just dressed like priests (except for Mrs Doyle). It just looks like alternate casting

Good to see Father Fintan Stack represented, though

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Kit Walker posted:

Pedro Almodóvar is another director that comes to mind, but he's maybe not quite as well known in the anglosphere

This is the only Almodovar I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnule7twPY

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Lobok posted:

she reconsiders again at the end though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

She lost her fancy bank job for that meme I hope ur satisfied

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tenkaris posted:

she reconsiders again at the end though

lol does she really? So even the "full" version is still people just posting a cut?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

freeedr posted:

I can’t watch Wes Anderson movies. They look too surreal and uncomfortable and the people don’t interact with each other like real people. It’s like a terrible parallel universe vibe with almost every shot. I feel viscerally unsettled. I have no idea if this opinion sounds stupid or not.
Wes Anderson is long-speculated to be neurodivergent and viewing his oeuvre through that lens is a....very functional one. hth.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

One of the first arguments I ever had with my wife was over returning shopping carts. It's just basic working class solidarity!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Soiled Meat
They are actually free. You can take them home if you like.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

They are actually free. You can take them home if you like.

Unless that dick mall cop Gary is around

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

I've been parking in the parents with children spaces recently. I've never felt more free.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Necrobama posted:

One of the first arguments I ever had with my wife was over returning shopping carts. It's just basic working class solidarity!

As someone who used to do that job I didn't actually care, but you should just do it so that they're not a hazard and so other shoppers can access them more easily.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Necrobama posted:

This is one of those tiny issues that would make me seriously re-evaluate any relationship. Don't be a dick to people who work retail!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You also return them to get your deposit back.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

You also return them to get your deposit back.

Not a thing in the US, for the most part. I know the UK at least has you put in a coin to get the cart out so returning it has a material aspect to it, but that's not the case everywhere.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

barbecue at the folks posted:

This is one of those tiny issues that would make me seriously re-evaluate any relationship. Don't be a dick to people who work retail!

And don't hit on people while they're working. Just be nice and try not to add to the suffering that is dealing with any kind of customer.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Rehabilitation is possible! :unsmith:

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Okay but then you get people telling you that at some employers the opportunity to get out of the horrible shop for thirty minutes and push trolleys around is a treasured opportunity and they hated when the shopping cart memes appeared.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I figure that might be a regional thing. Because going outside in lovely british weather is not fun.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

freeedr posted:

I can’t watch Wes Anderson movies. They look too surreal and uncomfortable and the people don’t interact with each other like real people. It’s like a terrible parallel universe vibe with almost every shot. I feel viscerally unsettled. I have no idea if this opinion sounds stupid or not.

That's the best thing about them.

If I want real people I can go the grocery store.

If I want Cinema I watch a movie.

The two should not mix.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Necrobama posted:

drat dawg and you still went through with it?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

huh. i always just assumed that was a picture of matt yglesias

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hooplah posted:

huh. i always just assumed that was a picture of matt yglesias

But that would only fulfill the worst person part.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Lobok posted:

lol does she really? So even the "full" version is still people just posting a cut?

yeah the second round of waffling is spoken, so the meme format has no audio and just uses the two faces

but she definitely goes from no back to well..? and then laughs at her silly rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Ac0w5PccU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I have never known what that meme face was from, so that's nice to know.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

not stupid i just wonder what made you so afraid of the surreal

did you have a run in with some seelie fae?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

mind the walrus posted:

Wes Anderson is long-speculated to be neurodivergent and viewing his oeuvre through that lens is a....very functional one. hth.

Long speculated by people that have watched his movies. Sounds like some bs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Warbird posted:

I’m pretty sure this is more AI generated nonsense but I can’t 100% tell and that bothers me greatly.

It's pretty much beat for beat this SNL skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDIAZCwHQE