Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

The reviews pretty much match the marketing so no big surprises. I'll still play that garbage.

Yeah, i'm really curious about seeing the game for myself, and like everyone else on the internet, is only interested cause of Game Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I guess Raph Colantonio saw the writing on the wall and peaced out. Poor Harvey Smith gonna be reliving the Invisible War/Blacksite Area 51 days, feels bad man.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1653085671458848770?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh neat, so it looks like redfall is the next game I can fire up for twenty minutes before turning it off and saying "wow that sucks poo poo." It will sit nicely next to high on life.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh neat, so it looks like redfall is the next game I can fire up for twenty minutes before turning it off and saying "wow that sucks poo poo." It will sit nicely next to high on life.

Lol I hope I can enjoy it for longer than high on life, which I really couldn't stand after 20 minutes. It wasn't just the roiland-ness of it just the whole thing was so mediocre.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol, yet another redesign. So much for accessibility.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

High on life was not for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

univbee posted:

???

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Back for Blood was at least complete and playable and you could get through it once before realising that the L4D magic wasn't there. This just looks like it'll be frustrating and bad from minute one.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hell yeah.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alchenar posted:

Back for Blood was at least complete and playable and you could get through it once before realising that the L4D magic wasn't there. This just looks like it'll be frustrating and bad from minute one.

The setting and idea seems better than just bad L4D but seems like the execution isn't there. Also Valve will hopefully someday do L4D justice.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Back 4 Blood is actually quite good now with the DLC and the patches which fixed the card system and spawns

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

Funniest poo poo I've seen all year?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Wait, is that “top row has 8 icons” available in the current build?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
New UI looks cool, but it's not Blades.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Charles Martel posted:

New UI looks cool, but it's not Blades.

I'm sorry you had to find out this way but still pining for blades in 2023 is a sign of serious brain damage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Im still waiting for Sony to bring back the XMB

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It's kind of annoying that console warriors are acting like Arkane games had great AI until Microsoft bought them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lammasu posted:

It's kind of annoying that console warriors are acting like Arkane games had great AI until Microsoft bought them.

Yeah I always felt they covered up weak AI in dishonored by giving them some really annoying field of view that you could never be sure they wouldn't spot you with a back turned. The inconsistent stealth was the main reason I didn't like this game.. Although it could just have been me being bad or other games being way more generous with not spotting you

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
If the combat is good and the world is cool I can certainly put up with other badness but some of these videos don't really inspire confidence

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Lammasu posted:

I feel like exclusivity for Deathloop and this is playing a part in the reception of them.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Im still waiting for Sony to bring back the XMB

Best console interface by far.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bethesda has a launch day stream on their twitch channel but right now it’s just all the promo videos they’ve put out.

https://twitter.com/playRedfall/status/1653167495237230598?s=20

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm gonna give it a whirl, but given the responses I'm wondering why they felt so strict on the weird release schedule lol. Like if it was released yesterday at the same time globally it wouldn't have changed anything.

I think my biggest personal gripe is there's no split screen co-op. Come on, geez. Altho after how Gearbox did BL3's split screen, maybe it's for the best. Speaking of, my standards for this game are pretty low to be enjoyable, since I'm (happily) playing BL3 with my housemate and we're having a great time.

Just need loots, shoots, and feel fun. So I look forward to coming back here and letting everyone know if it doesn't meet the bare minimum requirements lol

Edit: I also have leeway in that I don't need this game to be "innovative" or game changing because it's just a looter shooter come on, not every game needs to innovate. This has become a really loving weird standard "journalists" seem to have.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Who’s ready to red fail in an hour?!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I hope Redfall isn't rear end but I have heard some pretty unnerving word of mouth today.

I asked a group of friends if they wanted to try to play it a few weeks ago. The last co-op gamepass title that I tried to sell this group on was Darktide, and uh... *nervously tugs at collar*

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ZeeBoi posted:

Bethesda has a launch day stream on their twitch channel but right now it’s just all the promo videos they’ve put out.

https://twitter.com/playRedfall/status/1653167495237230598?s=20

I get that this game is suck but you seem really invested in it sucking.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol they’re just watching character videos now. They won’t even play their own game on stream :v:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

lol they’re just watching character videos now. They won’t even play their own game on stream :v:

You know there's fun games on gamepass and Xbox too right? You don't have to spend your time with the bad one, it's true. I don't understand being so invested in a bad game you're watching a stream of the devs looking at their character stream.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Lammasu posted:

I think it worked well enough for the sort of games they had made previously. They spotted you or they didn't spot you, it was pretty binary but the dense locations and very porous pathways and stuff made that simplicity work I think. Then if they did spot you, it was pretty easy to massacre them with some brutal spells and abilities or lose them.

This looks like it's taking the big open world of something like Far Cry but a lot of the enemies look very bullet spongey and they just run at you. The ones with guns look like they just stand firing at you and occasionally take cover. All that'd be potentially deal withable if there was a really good atmosphere or your characters had really dynamic abilities or whatever, to sorta mitigate the downsides but so far it doesn't look like there's much in the way of that.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

4/10 from Gamespot :stare:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Thankfully the game is free day one on game pass saving you $160aud when you play it on the world's most powerful console!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

4/10 from Gamespot :stare:

I'm actually pretty surprised it's reviewing so poorly. It's definitely not a good game but scores that low are usually reserved for the barely functional ones.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1653190537363738624?t=cpZ41910ozKhH0fRWRLmAA&s=19

Thinking about grabbing it at that price.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Dang this game is getting butchered.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ugh the game feels so floaty

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1653189423691972609

quote:

Redfall is exactly what I worried it would be: a lifeless multiplayer shooter without any of the playful, systemic creativity of a singleplayer Arkane game. After around 40 hours with it, I'm not sure I'd even recommend it to Game Pass subscribers—100GB is a big download for an FPS this bland.

:stonklol:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah, gonna leave this one in the burner until a few patches and 60fps. Thats a shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are you okay homie? You’ve made like 12 posts on this page about this game.