Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bethesda.net account required to play Redfall, this is already a 1/10 game on just that alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

And everyone seemed so excited for it too. Ah well

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm at least glad to be able to break away from the relentless Redfall hype cycle

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

luckily we have star wars episode 1 racer, free with gold to ease the disappointment

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm at least glad to be able to break away from the relentless Redfall hype cycle

This

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
i was unironically hopeful because i enjoyed deathloop despite the meh reviews, but this seems... a bit worse :smith:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GamePass saves everyone once again.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The bad deadzone, floaty feel, and 30fps make it hard to play

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

to be honest i was out after they axed 60fps. i just cant anymore with 30fps

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing through the tutorial right now, and jesus this feels so awful to play.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe I’ll just play more Hitman freelance or start a Professional run of RE4 instead of starting this tonight

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm playing through it now. Completed the tutorial and I don't think it's very good.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

There's a type of vampire that turns into a hologram audio log when you kill it. This is the most videogame videogame I've ever played

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao the AI issues were not a joke. The tutorial has you fighting your first vampire, and they are easier than the normal enemies. The vampire didnt attack me at all. It just floating around the air and took damage like a sponge, but it didnt attack.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone playing right now want to party up? Just started solo, ai is definitely poo poo...

Getting 90-120 fps on 3090 + 5975x on Epic settings with DLSS on performance. There is definitely some random tears here and there. Weird popping as well.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

there's not even a stealth takedown, lmao. man this is rough

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wiltsghost posted:

there's not even a stealth takedown, lmao. man this is rough

Is it still just an elbow hit?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I just got a 17 gamerscore achievement in Red fail. They can’t even get multiples of 5 right!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

is there even a deployable mini turret

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Is it still just an elbow hit?

Yeah

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
This is Generation Zero but worse. This deadzone is heinous.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
the console version was v bad, decided to boot up the pc version

so i preloaded redfall yesterday on pc, booted it up today for the 1.5gb patch, and when booting it tonight after release, it is redownloading the entire 95gb game again

what in tarnation

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

the console version was v bad, decided to boot up the pc version

so i preloaded redfall yesterday on pc, booted it up today for the 1.5gb patch, and when booting it tonight after release, it is redownloading the entire 95gb game again

what in tarnation

I *think* this is game pass decrypting the game like Steam does. When it did it for me it was going like 10x faster than my internet so I assume it was drive speed instead of actual download.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Performance isn't bad but there is definitely dips but for most part I am running at around 90-120 fps at 1440p on performance. I have dipped to 60 but not below it defintely is not stable thats for sure. Whats crazy is the popping.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I said come in! posted:

Bethesda.net account required to play Redfall, this is already a 1/10 game on just that alone.

Lmao that’s still a thing?!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Setting the Input Response Preset to “Low” and the Controller Sensitivity to 3-3.5 seemed to help a little (for me).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

Right? I swore Bethesda got rid of that.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

priznat posted:

I thought that was being discontinued in new games, but apparently not. Looking back at the announcement for the bethesda.net shutdown:

quote:

Your Bethesda.net account will not be lost and will still be accessible on our website and in-game, and we will continue supporting all Bethesda.net accounts with our future titles.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I said come in! posted:

The launcher is dead at least but that’s ridiculous, on top of gamepass I assume?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya had to make an account to play it. I was about to uninstall right there. Done a few missions. It's ok but how come you can't even join other people's games, you literally have to invite people to get a lobby going or am I missing something?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
uninstalled redfall, lifes too short to play that lovely mess

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm surprised at how buggy it still is. I died and when I came back my character was in a permanent running motion and was holding an invisible gun. Done for now and might pick this back up later? Not great.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
It was so refreshing playing nice characters in Dead Island 2. The dipshit I am playing as is cruel to his raven.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I played a bit of Redfall. I will say upfront I do not give the slightest gently caress about graphic fidelity, so it being subpar for a AAA is not a factor at all for me.

From what I played my biggest problem is probably that the gunplay needs tweaking. The weapons have recoil, kind of, but also not really feeling like they have feedback? They do enough damage and they seem fine, but the lack of feeling makes it a bit lackluster. Also the aiming sensitivity and deadzones need tweaking. I honestly think this is something they could actually achieve pretty easily and issue in a patch.

Combat otherwise is pretty nice I feel. Feels fast and dangerous, altho on the regular difficulty it wasn't like "oh I'm dying all the time forever" but it was satisfyingly deadly.

Animations can be janky for sure. Climbing down ladders seems to be the worst culprit.

A lot of buildings but not actually "too many", and the lack of being able to scout out most of them felt disappointing. The ones I could go through also felt a bit lackluster, maybe some supplies and ammo. Didn't really feel super worthwhile at least in the amount I played. I loved the openness and verticality of the environment, I like what they did there.

Weirdly I didn't experience any AI weirdness, but I am going to count that as a good roll of the dice. I've seen enough from others to know I just got lucky.

I feel like it'll be more fun in co-op purely because having someone else to talk poo poo with always makes any game better. It also really needs a patch pronto because there's so much very basic stuff that just needs adjustments, but combined makes the whole thing feel iffy. If you're making a shooter then prioritising the feeling of gunplay should really be a priority.

It's on gamepass, I'll play with my housemate and see how it goes co-op but right now it is 100% not worth actually buying. Maybe in a patch or two, but also not at the hilarious price they're asking. But I have gamepass for other games, so as a no cost thing for me I'll give it a proper go.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

The Illusive Man posted:

I just got a 17 gamerscore achievement in Red fail. They can’t even get multiples of 5 right!

So on top of everything else they also broke the cardinal rule :laugh:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Playing on hard and the first enemy to actually give me any trouble is a miniboss that has an unavoidable grab that kills me in one hit. Fortunately there's some kind of internal coin flip that determines whether or not an enemy heals to full when you die so I can just ram my head against the wall until I win

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The AI is dumb as bricks. Could have spotted me multiple times but nothing. Loved just creeping up behind multiple people elbowing them in the back and nobody reacts (even when people die while loudly saying “I can’t die” or whatever it was).

Don’t like the music in this either.

UI feels dumb and I haven’t figured out how to unload the multiple handguns and shotguns I have.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 2, 2023

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I played some DJ Max tonight for the first time. I just hopped into some random non-competitive online lobby and did terribly on Normal while all the pros smashed Hard mode and everyone threw happy emojis around. Good poo poo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

They got rid of their (very bad) store/launcher on PC and migrated everyone who used it over to Steam. The login/account system is still used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
For a free game pass game Redfall feels fine. If anything, the bad AI is a bonus. I had a vampire spot me then he just kind of wandered off. Funniest thing I've seen in a game since the horny vending machine.