Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

waffle enthusiast posted:

Has Patrick Kane scored at all this series I haven’t been paying attention.

not sure, check the local police reports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

they want to give the rangers every chance to come back in this game

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

it doesn't loving matter if it was the shoulder. he hit the head. they added a rule about this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Matt Zerella posted:

The elbow was down. Are we gonna do this again?

I'm going to argue against head injuries every single time yeah. God forbid brain damage come from everything else in the sport, I'd really like everyone to come off the "get your head up" bullshit.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Escape Goat posted:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

if it's shoulder to head straight through the front of the body, following through the chest, it's not a penalty. so it's a legal hit here, but man that's a dirty hit

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

T-Bone posted:

it's a clean good Stevensesque hit, Meier can't skate it up the middle there against four guys

yup I'm afraid to say that New Jersey is the one team / fanbase that is not entitled to complain about that kind of hit.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

secret volcano lair posted:

it doesn't loving matter if it was the shoulder. he hit the head. they added a rule about this

please look up what "avoidable" means. Meier can't be stickhandling with his head down like a squirt learning to play there

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Escape Goat posted:

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*former player in a wheelchair covered in his own piss and poo poo*

"Yeah well he just took too many clean hits!"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gonna enjoy the crying Trouba pictures

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I was watching baseball do the Rangers really only have one shot from the slot in this game?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Starsfan posted:

yup I'm afraid to say that New Jersey is the one team / fanbase that is not entitled to complain about that kind of hit.

that was 20 loving years ago. it's not the same sport anymore. and that is GOOD.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

I was watching baseball do the Rangers really only have one shot from the slot in this game?

i'd be surprised if we have one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

they're meltdown mode right now
I'd be shocked if they'd had more than 15 seconds of sustained zone time at any point off the powerplay and now they're headhunting and letting odd-man rushes go the other way

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mcmagic posted:

that was 20 loving years ago. it's not the same sport anymore. and that is GOOD.

Begrudgingly I have to recognize it could still be so much worse.

Jesus

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

hits that are clearly an intent to injure should not be legal imo

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

What a save

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the reason the Devils have no pressure anymore is their D have completely stop sealing the wall which is like the Rangers only breakout. understandable I suppose with a 2-0 lead but it's making me nervous

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

fermun posted:

if it's shoulder to head straight through the front of the body, following through the chest, it's not a penalty. so it's a legal hit here, but man that's a dirty hit

100% this, just because you can blow up a dude doesn’t mean you should blow up a dude. Dirty as gently caress.

He could have hit him and taken him off the puck, but he was going in to murder a dude. That’s what makes Trouba a shithead.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

and why he has 30 something hits and 0 points in the series

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
That was a poo poo hit and anyone defending it is wrong.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

hits that are clearly an intent to injure should not be legal imo

There's pretty much no reason to cave a dudes head in with a body check regardless of all the keep your head up or pay the price bullshit but until someone gets their neck broken "accidentaly" the NHL won't legislate it out and its real stupid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Gunjin posted:

That was a poo poo hit and anyone defending it is wrong.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
if Meier doesn't want to have guys looking to hit him like that, he shouldn't be trying to jump on goalie's knees, and (more importantly) he should learn hit avoidance strategies that are drilled into every hockey player since age 12

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

It’s always fun to watch the RAS “brain damage is actually cool” crew come out to defend a Trouba playoff hit

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I just don't get why anyone wants to see hits where a player struggles to get up off the ice at this point. Clean hit or not. The refrain is always "keep your head up, lol they teach this in pee wee" but how about teach players to be physical without giving someone brain damage. It's not impossible

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if Meier doesn't want to have guys looking to hit him like that, he shouldn't be trying to jump on goalie's knees, and (more importantly) he should learn hit avoidance strategies that are drilled into every hockey player since age 12

It's cool that you're blaming not the player who regularly dishes out brain damage "legally"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

ahh so he got a concussion as payback. that seems like a cool and fun way for a sport to be played.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Like who the gently caress wants to cheer for concussions other than ghouls and losers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

kill me now posted:

It’s always fun to watch the RAS “brain damage is actually cool” crew come out to defend a Trouba playoff hit

gotta justify giving a glorified Radko Gudas $8 million a season somehow

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

gotta justify giving a glorified Radko Gudas $8 million a season somehow

And the “C”

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

There's pretty much no reason to cave a dudes head in with a body check regardless of all the keep your head up or pay the price bullshit but until someone gets their neck broken "accidentaly" the NHL won't legislate it out and its real stupid

Someone got their neck broken "accidentally" just a few nights ago

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YESSSSSSSS gently caress OFF RANGERS

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress off rangers

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

:fork:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

Haulass! :siren:

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

eat poo poo. enjoy your consolation prize concussion!

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

gently caress right off NY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
good night Trouba