Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Genshin sim universe would be, kinda like that one labyrinth event from a while back? Seems kinda awkward to add it now since it feels like it'd be part of the regular early-midgame progression, so for most older players it'd just be a 5 star weapon piñata.

I guess that'd be one way to nerf hyperbloom, lol. Every A/D/C character getting 5 star weapons at a baseline would for sure raise the damage floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf they could just make new 5* weapons that are like, skyward blade/skyward pride tier and stick those in the shop. still decent options but not gamechanging.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Garrand posted:

During the paper doll samurai event people were hoping for a permanent roguelike as an alternate end game to just having abyss.

It's great to see all the stuff people want in genshin get put in an entirely different game.

Yeah, they've had a few events that are in the ballpark, like they've for sure learned how to make the mode well. Can't permanently have nice things in genshin though.

They could slap a level cap/reduction on characters in a roguelight mode to make it more interesting, so older players wouldn't just steamroll it until they hit later stages. The design of simulated universe makes me very confidant they could make one for genshin and have it go well, but I can't see them ever adding new/different permanent content. The only examples I can think of was the teapot(almost entirely aesthetic), dendro, which almost doesn't count since it's an element we always knew was out there, and the card game, which is again not in any way affected by main game stuff.

The biggest bummer to me is like, as you said, all the improvements in another game. I'd probably spend money on genshin again if it saw all those qol changes. I'd be really surprised if they improved things and players left genshin over it, but who knows.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The thing that bothers me most about Genshin is character/weapon levels maxing out at 90, WL maxing out at 8, and AR maxing out at 60. These are just awkward numbers!!!!!!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just ripped through the rest of what was necessary to get Nilou and almost hit the hard pity, but I'm also pretty stocked up on all the 4 star character constellations I didn't have yet. I believe about 3 between the eggplant, Layla and Dori. Sitting on 12,000 primos (really not too bad considering I did about 130 pulls on the banner) and 6,000 Genesis Crystals I think I'm pretty much firmly in saving mode until Fontaine after I consider whether I want to go for 50/50 on Yoimiya at all. I could see her filling a niche for ranged pyro DPS. Other than Yoimiya the only characters I don't have to date now are Klee, Albedo, Itto, Mona, Cyno, Tartaglia and Xiao. Actually really the only reason I don't have Mona is because she just will not spark on either 50/50 or standard for me through two and a half years and the only reason I don't have Yoimiya yet is that she keeps coming around at super bad times where the other 5 star feels like like the better option. Between her and Baizhu I'm actually more interested in her despite Baizhu being the new character.

That's again if I decide to go for 50/50 and the 4 star options aren't so apocalyptic that I don't feel like the investment is worth it. I think Cat Box girl is supposed to be coming out in 3.7 too, but barring some sort of big surprise in 3.8 (Like a new character or two we somehow haven't seen or been leaked at all) which seems like it's going to revolve around Eula, Klee, Albedo and Kazuha (who I either already have and just aren't interested in) and feature no new characters, that's about a wrap for Sumeru era wishes I think.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Man I wish I came up with 阿帽

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

i have, through the power of actually trying in the spiral abyss and spending starglitter on fates, obtained a Nilou on the last possible roll. Yay.

Now I have three more teams to build instead of 2...

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
I just returned to the game after leaving just before 3.0 hit. drat, this game is bewildering when you step away for a bit. I figured Nahida=Archon=Busted so scrapped together all my primos from new quests and stuff to roll hard while I could, but lost the 50/50 and finally have a Diluc!
:tif:

Are any of the 3.x four stars worth leveling or building around? Can I make any meaningful Dendro teams with just Collei or DMC? I'm guessing none that are in the ballpark of my old Raiden National/Geo Bros/Ganyu+Mona freeze cheese teams... but I've got to figure out something dendro to goof off with here.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If you get Kuki Shinobu, her plus a hydro character plus Collei/Dendro MC equals one of the better comps right now, even if it is not optimal (because, yes, Nahida is busted.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yaoyao's probably the best 4* released in 3.x, though she's not typically the star of a team, more the glue holding it together

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I love the targeting system in this game. I activated Deyha’s burst, killed the last enemy in the first punch, and she proceeded to automatically start punching nearby exploding barrels. Maybe if was interruptible, it would have been ok, but she just kept punching em.

Poor Dehya, thought of barrels and died.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
drat, tried to roll for Kuki cons (and Nahdia cons would be OK), got a boatload of Layla instead. Well in a decent pity at least.

Also from event: non-sleepy Layla is non-aggravating to listen to. Too bad about her default voice acting state. Ugh

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

lurksion posted:

drat, tried to roll for Kuki cons (and Nahdia cons would be OK), got a boatload of Layla instead. Well in a decent pity at least.

I've had the opposite problem. I got both Nahida and Nilou without a single Layla, who was the only 4 star I really wanted :negative:

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Hell yeah, got Kaveh on my very first pull in the new patch! :beerpal: Nilou team here we come.

I suppose it's not really surprising that his talents include teapot crafting refunds, but I'm happy nonetheless. Also his idle animations in the character menu are a good time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I love the targeting system in this game. I activated Deyha’s burst, killed the last enemy in the first punch, and she proceeded to automatically start punching nearby exploding barrels. Maybe if was interruptible, it would have been ok, but she just kept punching em.

Dehya’s ult targeting is so whack. I’ve popped her ult, anded the first punch against a boss constructed object, just to have her turn 180 degrees snd punch the air.

You can cancel her ult by jumping.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Hut_Japan/status/1653217746140708867?cxt=HHwWhoC28f2xtPEtAAAA

Japan's getting the Pizza Hut collaboration thing but delivery only, not even take-out and for select stores only. I guess they're trying to avoid any chance of having what happened in China with the KFC promo thing and an embarrassing public display. Still kind of surprising to see that happen anywhere outside of China. Like they did the train thing in Times Square this last weekend in NY, but that's at one specific location only.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Still surprised they don't sell the character collab promo outfits in game. But I'm probably the millionth to say that.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Hobbes posted:

Are any of the 3.x four stars worth leveling or building around? Can I make any meaningful Dendro teams with just Collei or DMC? I'm guessing none that are in the ballpark of my old Raiden National/Geo Bros/Ganyu+Mona freeze cheese teams... but I've got to figure out something dendro to goof off with here.

Dendro reactions have a LOT of stuff going on, but the tldr is yeah, depending on who you've got. There's 2 main "types" of dendro team:

1. Where you just need a bit of dendro on every enemy, to maintain an aura. You can kinda think of these as freeze teams, where you just need a bit of hydro to maintain freeze. These focus on the dendro+electro reaction, QUICKEN.

2. Where you want as much dendro as possible. You can think of these as similar to the Rational team, kinda. There, you want electro+hydro units that can apply as much element as possible, while the pyro character reacts with the result. These focus on dendro+hydro making BLOOM cores, which are usually triggered by an electro unit (HYPERBLOOM) or pyro unit (BURGEON). Hyperbloom is easier to play, burgeon is more niche and focused on AoE.

3. Dendro+pyro BURNING teams are not real, but they can very much hurt you. Recommended for people that want to relive those days where standing on burning grass would kill you. There ARE some uses for burning, but they're either niche or require Nahida specifically (she's a monster) so don't worry about them.

From these types of teams, DMC (or Collei) can work as solo dendro burstbots in QUICKEN teams without too much issue. Usually you would want 2 electro dps units, an anemo support buffer, and a dendro sustain unit. But if you have Zhongli you can run him in the anemo slot and use DMC/Collei pretty comfortably. You can also use Shinobu or Dori as a second electro so you can run an anemo, which is also ok.

Compare: Keqing/Fischl/Kazuha/Baizhu and Ganyu/Rosaria/Kazuha/Kokomi

Or also: Keqing/Fischl/Zhongli/DMC

Keqing/Fischl teams are super solid, roughly on par with hypercarry teams like Xiao/Melt Ganyu/Itto Geobros. Fish is the main damage dealer, but Keqing is great at driving her while contributing good damage!

They can also work together to create a decent amount of BLOOM cores alongside a unit that can apply hydro. Xingqiu is the best, as always, but someone like Barbara can work if you have an off-field electro. If you pulled on the Nahida banner, you might have gotten Kuki Shinobu, who is excellent here. If you didn't get her, Full EM Raiden(!!!) is the strongest hyperbloom trigger in terms of raw damage. The strongest Raiden teams can easily match (or surpass) Rational teams that don't have 5 star weapons and the such.

Sample team: DMC/Collei/Xingqiu/Kuki Shinobu, with full EM Shinobu as trigger

Another: Barbara/DMC/Collei/Raiden, with full EM Raiden as the trigger

Theres tons and tons of stuff to say about dendro teams, which we can talk about, later. 3.X four star unit quick blurbs for intermediate to established players coming soon...

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 2, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Fun fact - Dehya's burst will end prematurely if you jump. Also if you get frozen.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Chucked 60 wishes into the Baizhu rabbit hole.

Got Fischl C3-5, Candace C3-4 and, finally on the last set, Kaveh and Dehya.

Quite happy with Dehya, wanted her but didn’t have the wishes at the time because of Yelan. Didn’t think I’d see her in any time soon because the RNG insists on giving me Qiqi constellations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally pulled a Nahida, I'm so excited. My luck at pulling for Archons has been pretty garbage, so it's nice to have finally have another besides Raiden

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Shinji2015 posted:

Finally pulled a Nahida, I'm so excited. My luck at pulling for Archons has been pretty garbage, so it's nice to have finally have another besides Raiden

Everybody should enjoy having their own radish

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I lost the coin flip and went to hard pity for Nahida, fuckin rough. Now I have grass potato to destroy everything though.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

3.X four star unit short blurbs for intermediate/advanced players.

DMC: A very solid off-field dendro turret. Doesn't do much damage because of their hideous ER issues. OK as a solo dendro in quicken teams, but usually replaced by Yaoyao. Can work as part of a 2 dendro in bloom teams with Collei, but Collei is usually eventually replaced with Yaoyao. Their burst can be improved by hitting it with various elements: electro makes it hit more often (ok), hydro increases AoE and range (very good!), pyro blows it up (terrible). We still don't have a turret quite like theirs, so they still see use on occasion.

Collei: Like DMC, but worse. Has a smaller AoE, but in exchange you get a little leaf that spins around you at around "Xingqiu Orbital" range. Her attacks are projectiles that can occasionally have targetting issues (like Diona's burst). Usually used to backup DMC, eventually replaced by Yaoyao.

Dori: An electro healer that is almost always worse than Kuki Shinobu. You can use her if you want but Shinobu is usually better.

Candace: A weird team hydro weapon infuser. Decent in a few very specific circumstances, involving onfield EM reaction triggers that don't care about their raw normal attack damage, but also use a melee weapon. Yaoyao in a Nilou team is one example, some Kuki Shinobu teams can use her too. Can also just be an onfield hydro that applies hydro aura and generates energy with Favonius Lance. If you have a few hydro 5 stars you probably don't need her.

Layla: A competent cryo shielder. Less sustain than Diona due to not being a healer, but more damage. Her skill shields and launches a few cryo projectiles, her burst is a cryo turret. Not much to say :shrug:

Faruzan: A dedicated support for anemo dps units, kinda like Sarah. Has cataclysmically atrocious ER issues before C6, which makes a lot of people not even try her. Can do some fun shenanigans with a charge shot thundering fury onfield build but its kind of a meme.

Yaoyao: An amazing dendro healer/turret, even at C0. Her skill deploys a bunny that throws radishes at you if you're injured or at the enemy if you're not. Her burst has her running around deploying more radishes/bunnies for a few seconds, which also heals the whole team by a large amount. Very solid as a solo dendro in quicken teams, good with another dendro in bloom teams. That other dendro can be DMC and it's super solid! Can be used as a solo dendro but I prefer 2, personally. Overall, the best 4 star of the 3.X patches.

Chocobo?: I completely forgot his name lol. A dedicated support unit for a character that doesn't exist yet?? Boosts normal attack speed and physical damage, but only for the active character. Also heals, but only applies cryo once per rotation, which is not enough to maintain superconduct. So it'd be like a physical cryo bow or like a cryo catalyst that shoots physical chi blasts or something? Some people use him because the attack speed buff is fun.

Kaveh: Just came out today. Please be supportive!

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 2, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kaveh looks interesting, but I'm worried if bloom ownership is gonna be a problem. He wants to build his own EM, but it's not a guarantee that he'll be the one creating the cores. It'd be nice if his E transfers ownership to him.

Also, I kinda wanna build him for shatter, lol

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Are Ganyu's Cons any good? I want to throw some wishes at the banner in hopes of getting Kaveh, or preferably, getting Fischl cons (watch me only get Candace). I currently have C0 Ganyu. So I wasn't sure if I should toss my wishes toward Ganyu or Baizhu. I probably wouldn't get either because I'm at 0 pity with no guarantee, but you never know. Honestly, I'm not even sure what kind of team Baizhu excels at.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mordiceius posted:

Are Ganyu's Cons any good? I want to throw some wishes at the banner in hopes of getting Kaveh, or preferably, getting Fischl cons (watch me only get Candace). I currently have C0 Ganyu. So I wasn't sure if I should toss my wishes toward Ganyu or Baizhu. I probably wouldn't get either because I'm at 0 pity with no guarantee, but you never know. Honestly, I'm not even sure what kind of team Baizhu excels at.
I own ganyu C1 (accidental from way back in 1.2). It's bad. I am rolling Baizhu but my account is the ideal Baizhu account.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

No Wave posted:

I own ganyu C1 (accidental from way back in 1.2). It's bad. I am rolling Baizhu but my account is the ideal Baizhu account.

What is the ideal Baizhu team? I'll probably put my wishes on his banner because Ganyu's C1 does seem pretty trash (and honestly, I wasn't impressed by the description of any of her Cons).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

What is the ideal Baizhu team? I'll probably put my wishes on his banner because Ganyu's C1 does seem pretty trash (and honestly, I wasn't impressed by the description of any of her Cons).
The technically ideal baizhu team is probably something cringe like Nahida Raiden Xingqiu but he's not adding much to the team just a lil buff and healshield. The character he imo helps the most in realistic scenarios is cyno and I rolled a lot of off-pity cynos (oops).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

He might be more ideal for aggravate teams that want to leverage VV. It may be easier to reliably swirl Electro with his more modest Dendro application.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

C1s are almost never that good or worth rolling for on their own, new characters are always better.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Fun fact - Dehya's burst will end prematurely if you jump. Also if you get frozen.

Yes, but it’s funnier to watch her suicide into exploding barrels.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

For a babby account is Ganyu the banner to roll on this patch? If it makes a difference, my non-free characters are Razor, Yaoyao, and Shinobu.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I’m curious how he’d do as a healer/shielder in a Nilou/Nahida bloom team for non Kokomi havers, soaking up all the blooms procs is rough

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

For a babby account is Ganyu the banner to roll on this patch?
Try her out in the trial mode and see if you like her. Ganyu's good (especially in overworld content) but a lot of people don't enjoy her charged shot playstyle and she isn't so good that you have to put up with it if you don't like it.

Baizhu is a dendro healer so he's extremely good just by default and can easily slot into hyperbloom and its variants, the best teams in the game (and far and away the easiest to build)

If you have Shinobu then you can easily run a hyperbloom team of Barbara/Baizhu/Shinobu/whoever, but also you already have Yaoyao so you already have a dendro healer (though they can be run together or on separate sides of the abyss)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That all depends on if money is an issue. I have Ganyu C1 and it's not a super effective con. It's nice extra damage,but nothing that would change your rotation are be super impressive. Most of the things that have enough HP to survive her onslaught have invulnerability phases or shields which mitigate her just slaughtering them.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I hadn't played in forever and just jumped back in after playing a bunch of Star Rail and immediately pulled Nahida. I'm so far behind on the story stuff that I don't think I can get Dendro mats though, so I can't ascend her at all.

I'm stuck on some goddamn puzzle about lowering geo anchors to open a mine or something. I'm going to have to look up a quest guide.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

For a babby account is Ganyu the banner to roll on this patch? If it makes a difference, my non-free characters are Razor, Yaoyao, and Shinobu.

Nahida was the one to go for actually, I don't know if the banner ended for you, but if not, get her first if possible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Substandard posted:

I hadn't played in forever and just jumped back in after playing a bunch of Star Rail and immediately pulled Nahida. I'm so far behind on the story stuff that I don't think I can get Dendro mats though, so I can't ascend her at all.

I'm stuck on some goddamn puzzle about lowering geo anchors to open a mine or something. I'm going to have to look up a quest guide.
You don't have to advance the story to get dendro mats, you can just walk over to Sumeru. It isn't like how Inazuma is locked off until a certain point of story progression, even a brand new account can hoof it over there. You can't level her talents past 6 without clearing the sumeru story to unlock the weekly boss that drops her mats, but she's fine at 6/6/6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If it were me starting a new account now I would skip ganyu and roll KAEDEHARA KAZUHA next patch.