Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I appreciate that the writers didn't pretend he wasn't going to turn evil, they knew how obvious it was so they didn't try to hide it as a twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Ytlaya posted:

I like how he pretty casually beats the Ninth Sister.

Yeah that was unexpected but totally sick. Really drives home how much has changed over the past five years

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
game started crashing like crazy as soon as i hit the planet jedha, but turning off raytacing seems to have fixed it entirely

just a heads up if anyone else is having the same problem

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Thumbtacks posted:

On NG+ you can notice it super early, I thought his facial animations were kinda weird on first playthrough but looking at it and realizing he's upset about it the entire time and steeling himself for all the bullshit actually works really well.

Oh yeah I mean I was like this man has extreme traitor energy and was extremely weird a lot of the time, but I accidentally spoiled that the traitor plotline would go down. Despite all that I still got a fun surprise with the lightsaber!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I love the Revengeance nod during the big temple setpieceb when Call runs up one of one of the legs and chops it off. Rules of nature!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

daaaaaaaaaaaaang

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Here's a tip for treasure hunters to display all the collectable horseshit on the map (you need all the mobility skills):

complete the three temples on Jedha and visit the one in the middle

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Started NG+ and died within the first ten minutes thanks to spamming the jump key to speed the literal first climbing segment along (the one that ends with the troopers shooting you off of and letting the gameplay actually start) - pressing jump during that fall apparently makes the game think you fell too far and triggers a death

...Ironically the second time I died in that section, because you're supposed to go left at the start, and I went right and immediately leaped off into the abyss during my initial playthrough

Then during the security droid fight, I somehow got all my exp/health back from it, despite it being the first time I'd fought it

:allears:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Finished the main story. Great stuff. Once again really enjoyed the star wars on offer even with some minor hiccups. The open fields and exploration was so much better this time. Much less frustrating. Still a buggy mess at times with poor performance and glitches but it didn't matter and imo is significantly better than Fallen Order was with goats and poo poo falling through floors or flying into space constantly. I'm keen for the final chapter that was really good.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Galaxy's Edge needs a 'build-a-blaster' workshop

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Hey kids, let Disney teach you how to assemble a gun!"

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

looking forward to see if the patch gets performance up on ps5. quality mode was pretty but the (highly variable) frame rate was so dire it made combat a chore. performance mode still looks pretty good but i can still feel it chugging

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Game stats:
Killed by enemies: 53
Killed by falling: 73,249

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

also the amount of weird rear end collision geometry has been incredible. multiple times where i've been walking on flat flooring far away from any discernible collidable and just stopped dead or stepped up onto an invisible platform. also the time i missed the first jump-off-an-animal jump and ended up phasing halfway thru the locked doors and getting softlocked and having to reset ten minutes to my last save

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
What time do the patches usually go up on the consoles?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Just finished the story. Used Blaster stance almost exclusively through the whole thing, it's just too useful to have a ranged attack with either AOE or stun effects!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

SolarFire2 posted:

Just finished the story. Used Blaster stance almost exclusively through the whole thing, it's just too useful to have a ranged attack with either AOE or stun effects!

i've been mostly stuck on crossguard since i got it but blaster has been nice when i'm sitting with 10% of a hp bar left and no stims battling a wild animal the size of an elephant that wants to drop kick me into the next galaxy

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
smh

Imma fuckin' Jedi yo, I refuse to sully myself with your uncivilised handgun poo poo.

:colbert:

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

smh

Imma fuckin' Jedi yo, I refuse to sully myself with your uncivilised handgun poo poo.

:colbert:

hmm yes but on the other hand have you considered pew pew?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

he might have turned his nose up at them but ultimately Ben kenobi won the clone wars by fangoriously disintegrating the enemy cyborg commanders exposed heart and lungs with a laser gun.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

there's nothing in the rule book that says a dog jedi cant use a blaster

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
Jedi who don't use blasters are just suckers

Speaking of the blaster, I am so happy that you can customize it this much. You can make it look like a classy dueling pistol or a no-nonsense military looking gun and everything in between

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Patch is out on the consoles

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Only just got to Koboh but without spoilers: can you get the Bryar pistol/Andor's pistol Y/N

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ninjahedgehog posted:

Only just got to Koboh but without spoilers: can you get the Bryar pistol/Andor's pistol Y/N

I found the barrel part but not the other components yet.

edit: Is there a costume guide to replicate poo poo from the movies and other properties? So far I've seen Kyle Katarn's outfit, ROTJ Luke, Luke on Dagobah training, and of course the costumes from the DLC. Any others?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Don't forget Dash Rendar!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Same here. Though what did people find suspicious about Bode? I didn’t notice anything. I thought he was gonna get shanked during the Lucrehulk part honestly.

He is the new guy on a doomed mission where he miraculously escapes offscreen. Every moment he isn't talking he is staring ominously at something. He drops 'I would do *anything* for my daughter early on.' He constantly injects himself into situations where he could steal the widget. He just radiates traitor energy.

He also has a lot of dialogue which amounts to 'haha, imagine if I was a Jedi, haha ' but that was easier to overlook.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is performance now on console with the new update?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

I said come in! posted:

How is performance now on console with the new update?

HDR is still screwed up.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

I found the barrel part but not the other components yet.

edit: Is there a costume guide to replicate poo poo from the movies and other properties? So far I've seen Kyle Katarn's outfit, ROTJ Luke, Luke on Dagobah training, and of course the costumes from the DLC. Any others?

The Frontier outfit gives you a bandanna and chest piece similar to Cobb Vanth

The Frontier pants are assless chaps

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Unfortunately the patch didn't do a lot in regards to performance.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The best option to switch on is the one which stops you losing health every time you plummet to your death.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

The best option to switch on is the one which stops you losing health every time you plummet to your death.

sometimes there are walls that look like climby walls or wall run walls but they ain't so you better believe i smashed this switch to off pretty quick

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I didn't even look deep enough into the menus to see that option, I'll find it today because the penalty seems dumb given the setup of the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah be sure to go through all of the accessibility and difficulty options. There are a lot. Jedi Survivor is very considerate of its players and just wants everyone to enjoy it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's pretty much the biggest reason I swear at my tv while playing the game so I've got some settings to change.

FrontRowSeat
Jul 14, 2006

I would often visit the local duck pond to contemplate life and consider which duck looked the most delicious.
Apparently I'm one of the "lucky ones" because my performance on PC hasn't been too bad, even before yesterday's patch. My frame rate isn't as good as it should be and there are certain points it dips significantly, such as when viewing the planetary map, but it hasn't been enough of an issue to diminish my enjoyment of the game. I'm taking my time with it but having a blast so far. Easily one of the best Star Wars games, IMO. A pretty big step up from Fallen Order, and in some ways reminds me a lot of the Jedi Knight series with ol' boy Kyle Katarn. The greater cosmetic customization is very nice, since different colored ponchos gets pretty boring pretty quick. I didn't know I needed a mullet-wearing Jedi in my life, but I'm glad to have found it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah be sure to go through all of the accessibility and difficulty options. There are a lot. Jedi Survivor is very considerate of its players and just wants everyone to enjoy it.

I shamelessly have the "automatically win button mashing parts" turned on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

10 Beers posted:

I shamelessly have the "automatically win button mashing parts" turned on.

:hmmyes:

It makes battles so much easier to manage (although the electro-snag enemies that can grab you feel like they go on for an extra two/three seconds too long)