Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Ooh I don't trust this Widargelt fella one bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ReforgeGaming/status/1653210340736356357

Redfall is so bad its causing Ethics in Video Game Journalism conversations in Twenty loving Twenty Three.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Reminds me of a children's book I used to read to my kids that explained to toddlers why different news media tell the same story differently.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

more like brownfall amirite

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Lid posted:

Redfall is so bad its causing Ethics in Video Game Journalism conversations in Twenty loving Twenty Three.

Looks like a very normal person. Glad they’re spreading awareness of these heinous review score crimes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lid posted:

Never heard of em

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Lid posted:

lmao. The ~~~Anti PlayStation Conspiracy!!!~~~ Or rather people like different things??

Even though I have not played it, I have heard enough good stuff about it to see that their score of 3.5 for death stranding is a :prepop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New Zelda game just leaked, and it's time to gently caress The Police and download it before Nintendo brings out the Lawyer Bat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlDruNjbno

https://john-lay.itch.io/zeldas-adventure

Lid posted:

Aside from them being a crazy person, it really is bemusing in TYOOL 2023 percent based scores is still the default way to review games

Hmm yes. This game is 75% good. 3/4 of a perfect game!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

VideoGames posted:

Or rather people like different things??

But if anyone likes something I don't, they're objectively wrong!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The five websites still doing reviews are all really strange

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CottonWolf posted:

But if anyone likes something I don't, they're objectively wrong!

The only objective truth is that are people who enjoy playing video games. :wisesage:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Thankfully the *real* best vampire game is currently on sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1945970/Epic_Vampire/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The man on the couch. The lone wolf. All others, tread carefully.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God is a Geek's Redfall review is out!!

PROS
Gunplay can be fun
Co-op has its moments
Plenty of loot
Maps have some interesting location

CONS
Bland missions
Poor enemy AI
Technical issues throughout
Odd design choices

6/10

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing one of the "odd design choices" is not enough crucifixes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm guessing one of the "odd design choices" is not enough crucifixes

to be fair that would be weird in a vampire game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Redfail

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm making great progress on finishing up with Cruelty Squad. Got the third ending, S-ranked a bunch more levels. Just three fish left to catch and three levels to S-rank. But one of them is the one that ends with a really confusing maze of tiny red rooms. Hmm.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

WaltherFeng posted:

Reminds me of a children's book I used to read to my kids that explained to toddlers why different news media tell the same story differently.

whats the name of this book? sounds cool

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This morning I played more of Valkyrie Elysium. I think there’s probably the core of a somewhat more technical character action battler here, but at least on Hard it’s kind of more spammy than precise. That’s fine though, I’m just in it for the big eyepatch girl and tumblr sexyman Odin. For weapons I like the big spear and the slightly less big spear.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuZykPNjNE

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

This morning I played more of Valkyrie Elysium. I think there’s probably the core of a somewhat more technical character action battler here, but at least on Hard it’s kind of more spammy than precise. That’s fine though, I’m just in it for the big eyepatch girl and tumblr sexyman Odin. For weapons I like the big spear and the slightly less big spear.

The Disco sequel went in a weird direction huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is such a weird conceit for the movie, like it's based on a Gran Turismo promotional contest?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GT Academy is a real thing
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/academy/

But it's just.. it's basically The Wizard /w Cars and the prize is driving cars
Cause otherwise it'd just be Days of Thunder

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Krisunderscore_/status/1652013858327003136?s=20

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
did they dig up The Cardigans for the soundtrack?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wizard2 posted:

did they dig up The Cardigans for the soundtrack?

That'd be dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8eush9P5E

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Guess they gotta add another 45 minutes to the summoning salt video for sm64

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wait until someone tells them that they've already pressed a button.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
seriously, I missed the boat on the absolutely sick D&B Nintendo 64 soundtracks :doh: but for me the Gran Turismo 2 soundtrack was formative to how I listen to music.

Blomkamp is a gigantic gigantic nerd so obviously hes aware of how good the GT2 soundtrack is and GT music in general

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Gets worse as it goes along, by the end of the game it's nothing but screen filling explosions and no idea what's going on.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

uh... well... as far as "previously single-player-focused devs making an AAA co-op open-world looter-shooter" games go, it still seems more appealing than Suicide Squad: KtJL, I guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

The man on the couch. The lone wolf. All others, tread carefully.

I got this reference

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

is that from bloodlines (masquerade: vampire)?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got TOTK on my switch, and it's weird: I'd booked time off on the 15th or so to spend a day playing it, but I got it early and now it's like... I'm not hyped! I have it but it's like going on holiday: half of the fun is expecting it and the few days before you actually go where you think 'lol I'll be away somewhere in a couple of days'. Getting totk like this... A bit of a let down really! I have to work today and there are no good days for me to take off in the next few days either. I won't spoil anyone, I just played 20 minutes last night anyway.

Note: I am 100% buying a physical copy to keep like trophy or something.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

redreader posted:

I got TOTK on my switch, and it's weird: I'd booked time off on the 15th or so to spend a day playing it, but I got it early and now it's like... I'm not hyped! I have it but it's like going on holiday: half of the fun is expecting it and the few days before you actually go where you think 'lol I'll be away somewhere in a couple of days'. Getting totk like this... A bit of a let down really! I have to work today and there are no good days for me to take off in the next few days either. I won't spoil anyone, I just played 20 minutes last night anyway.

Note: I am 100% buying a physical copy to keep like trophy or something.

That's funny, I'm the opposite! Playing early hightens the fun by adding just a dash more excitement

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

is that from bloodlines (masquerade: vampire)?

Why's he smiling? The father? Is it the father behind him?

Don't. Open. It.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have physical copies of the switch games I've played on PC because it's basically like temporarily turning your cash into plastic. You can always sell it later for as much as you paid lol.

and I have the opposite feeling, I'm way more hyped than I would've been after another 2 weeks of dodging spoilers, idle speculation, and just waiting. Christmas morning showed up yesterday and the first half hour of playing the game, when I didn't even expect to be playing it at all that day, was really joyous, I was grinning and whooping like a fool. Helps that the game slaps right out of the gate.

I'd also prefer videogames not be legally allowed to be announced until they are available for purchase, so maybe I just really do not vibe with any element of "hype train." Every hype train I've tried ended up making the game feel needlessly worse through burden of expectation and anticipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It made a lot more since announcing games in pre-production when the turnaround was a year or two between releases.

How long has it been since Elder Scrolls 6 was announced and it's not even in dev yet