Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
this reminds me of one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy stories

STONE COLD 64 posted:

in 2006 i had gone to SDCC which was a fun time. there was a snakes on a plane experience, brian o'halleran was by the clerks 2 booth dressed as buddy christ, i got my dreamcast signed by diamond dallas page and virgil, great stuff. anyway after the third day we were kinda wiped and went to call it a trip.

me and my cousin are out in the valet pickup by the back entrance of the convention center and i notice final fantasy illustrator Yoshitaka Amano loading a bunch of portfolio cases into the back of his rental. i work up the courage and walk up to him and ask if i could just get a picture with him but he says "sorry, no english, sorry, sorry", not making eye contact, obv doesnt want to be bothered. i walk away kinda disappointed but then he sees my cousin smoking like 10 feet away, walks up to him and in perfect english asks "hey man could i borrow a cigarette?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

there's MOONS over my HAMMY

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

lol owned

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

there's at least three of us webcomic people just chilling in this thread. weird

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that dreamcast is the only thing virgil has ever signed

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

the sad thing is that this was in a very big city lol. anyway nobuo uematsu ftw.

Yeah even without being in a small town sometimes the only thing open is Denny's

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

writing the entire soundtrack to final fantasy 7 after doing meth in the local japanese dennys

meth was invented in japan, after all

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pentyne posted:

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Yoshitaka Amano is about to bum some smokes

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yoshitaka Amano is about to bum some smokes

give him (1) cancer stick? press X

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

writing the entire soundtrack to final fantasy 7 after doing meth in the local japanese dennys

I think this was a Gintama episode.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pentyne posted:

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

give him (1) cancer stick? press X

Disco Elysium mechanic

Actually Midgard is the og Revachol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
ff illustrators are mostly tobacco and black coffee so the cig cures status effects

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

ff illustrators are mostly tobacco and black coffee so the cig cures status effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU8nbysX59U&t=31s

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what item you are buying at walmart at 2 am really says a lot about where your life is at

It was a box of 120 crayons and no coloring book.

Yeah, tbh it was more about seeing my closest friend at the time (and we still talk to this day) than carrying about the LARP. I was about to say I wish I lived someplace where you had chill coffee shops open at 2am, but then I remembered Waffle House exists which has the reputation of being decidedly not chill, but if the cook is awesome it’s worth it.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

After you fight a Marlboro, you gotta smoke a Marlboro

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Beware of bad breath

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

skeleton warrior posted:

After you fight a Marlboro, you gotta smoke a Marlboro

That King of the Hill episode description is way off from what I remember.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
marlboros (the monster) rule

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

marlboros (the monster) rule

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
wearing ribbons was never so stylish or functional

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.
Looking at the LC, it appears that resident GBS self-loathing aggro poster "carry on then" has finally copped a long overdue (and extremely gently worded) eleven year time out.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i dont post here much but blockbuster video just got up nd running and we're doing a thread tag contest. entries are closed but come vote, weve got some kickass tags goin

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=274

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Castaign posted:

Looking at the LC, it appears that resident GBS self-loathing aggro poster "carry on then" has finally copped a long overdue (and extremely gently worded) eleven year time out.

v important they're invited to return in a year though, no one falls into a forum spiral twice

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
for years he’s basically been Jon Pop with less joie de vivre, I don’t know why everyone kept pampering him

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
On one hand, you always want to hope someone stops misery spiraling and can learn to hang out here or just try to enjoy live in general better. On the other, someone who has such a toxic relationship with the forums does need some extended/permanent break so this seems better in the long run.

Fungah! posted:

i dont post here much but blockbuster video just got up nd running and we're doing a thread tag contest. entries are closed but come vote, weve got some kickass tags goin

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=274

Huh, didn't the old blockbuster video subforum have a custom blue and yellow stylesheet? Or did I just imagine that?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

for years he’s basically been Jon Pop with less joie de vivre, I don’t know why everyone kept pampering him

honest to god I thought he was a troll doing a bit to somehow own the sjws

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

On one hand, you always want to hope someone stops misery spiraling and can learn to hang out here or just try to enjoy live in general better. On the other, someone who has such a toxic relationship with the forums does need some extended/permanent break so this seems better in the long run.

Huh, didn't the old blockbuster video subforum have a custom blue and yellow stylesheet? Or did I just imagine that?

dont think it did but thats on the list for updates. definitely want to get a pretty good css going

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The best part of blockbuster was renting a game that had like all the best equipment and stuff on the file already cause then little child version of you can get the satisfaction of finally beating Culex and his bastard crystals even though you're too stupid to do it otherwise

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The best part of blockbuster was renting a game that had like all the best equipment and stuff on the file already cause then little child version of you can get the satisfaction of finally beating Culex and his bastard crystals even though you're too stupid to do it otherwise

The double edged sword of this is that I will find whatever jerk deleted my Ogre Battle 64 save I’d been working on over the weekends.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Castaign posted:

Please don't discuss it in this thread, it doesn't need more attention.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

TheMightyBoops posted:

The double edged sword of this is that I will find whatever jerk deleted my Ogre Battle 64 save I’d been working on over the weekends.

that's one game I almost picked up when renting as a kid but I never did and to this day I never played it... I did play Chameleon Twist 1 and 2, however.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheMightyBoops posted:

i did

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The secret is to rent a game and then just rack up tons of late fees pissing off your parents until you beat it like I did with FF3/6

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I would just have my mom call them and rerent the game for another 7-day cycle (3 days if the game was a new release as per blockbuster policy)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the secret is to rent a game from the mom and pop store forget about it and then move to a new state they cant stop you

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The secret is to rent a game and then just rack up tons of late fees pissing off your parents until you beat it like I did with FF3/6

I had planned to do this in order to permanently get Breath of Fire until my brother ratted me out and my parents took it back without me lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the secret is to rent a game from the mom and pop store forget about it and then move to a new state they cant stop you

This is kinda how I got my gold cartridge copy of Ocarina of Time. Just never returned it and when my mom finally caught on and we went to return it, the place went out of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I would just have my mom call them and rerent the game for another 7-day cycle (3 days if the game was a new release as per blockbuster policy)

Some absolute fucker did this with ff8 for what felt like months back to back and it still winds me up thinking about it. Asking when it was due back and booting up to the shop on my bike at like 7 in the morning only to find out theyd phoned ahead and renewed. Should be a law against it