Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Whaddya gotta do that's so fuckin' important, you can't join the religious cult with me?!

It’s not gonna be one of those weird haircuts is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

If lowtax fully leveraged his power he'd've been a more powerful blackmailer than J Edgar Hoover

Nobody in SA is worth blackmailing lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cyrano4747 posted:

The bigger lol is that you think people don't over-share online. I mean, I'd make a joke about the various drama reddits but *gestures at these here forums*

Exactly. Hard to blackmail people when all their embarrassing poo poo is already public.

:devil: Do as we say or we'll tell everyone you're secretly a furry!
:confused: Secretly? I've been to FurCon six times.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The only part I find strange about the absurd cult rules is that usually they only introduce you to them gradually. Things typically get more and more absurd slowly, as part of the indoctrination/brainwashing process, once people are already invested. I would have thought that a cult that advertises all of its crazy upfront wouldn't get any members...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Maybe they started out subtle but got enough members to get greedy/more dumb up front

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hyperlynx posted:

The only part I find strange about the absurd cult rules is that usually they only introduce you to them gradually. Things typically get more and more absurd slowly, as part of the indoctrination/brainwashing process, once people are already invested. I would have thought that a cult that advertises all of its crazy upfront wouldn't get any members...

They probably don't hand out the list at the door. It first turned up at least a year ago without context so we don't really know what it is from. It could helpful reminders for sub-leaders, or it could have been a former member writing down all the rules they could remember.

How much are they even recruiting anymore? After 45 years everyone in town who could be recruited must have already been recruited, and everybody else knows the score.

One article says they have 750 members, which is alot considering how many things have to be personally discussed with Jane. If you want to buy a car or house Jane has to approve it. If you want to take a job Jane has to approve it. Want to go to college Jane has to approve it. It can only grow so much before Jane can't keep her iron grip on every member personally.

They have their own k-12 school and children aren't allowed books and tv shows from outside. So they could be maintaining their population primarily through raising second generation members rather than recruiting new ones.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I would simply devour Jane therefore gaining her power.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Son of a

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

When you see it...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leon Sumbitches posted:

When you see it...

...it'll throw you for a loop!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't see what all this hulabaloo is about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't see what all this hulabaloo is about.

About to eat you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

theflyingexecutive posted:

Nobody in SA is worth blackmailing lol

Yeah, nobody would believe half of this stuff

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Cliff Bleszinski said some gross as hell things about underage girls, on this forum, under the nom de plume “CliffyB”.

Nothing ever happened to him.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Cliff Bleszinski said some gross as hell things about underage girls, on this forum, under the nom de plume “CliffyB”.

I can almost picture it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

idgi is this loss?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fartknocker posted:

idgi is this loss?

drat I guess I should circle the thing in red or something.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

fartknocker posted:

idgi is this loss?

Yeah, the gently caress is this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's beautiful

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

drat I guess I should circle the thing in red or something.

Do it better thanks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Bananana posted:

You know, for the kids.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

The Bananana posted:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

ok thats all well and good but where am I supposed to be looking at exactly?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DandyLion posted:

Wait for it...

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Platystemon posted:

He had to continue being Cliff Bleszinski, isn't that bad enough?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait for it...

The arrows idiot! How meme-lame are you that you don't even know about how funny the four arrows meme is!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DandyLion posted:

It's one of those psychological trick pictures, the red hullahoop is supposed to distract you from the real focal point of the picture. Here, I drew another red circle to help you find it:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Hoop, there it is

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

DandyLion posted:

Nothing. The red hula hoop makes you think it's a red circle highlighting something like in a meme, except it's just a red hula hoop and you've tricked yourself into thinking there's more to it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
looks like a qr code to me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You know, for the kids.

We'll sell millions!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Its goatse, cant you see the ring

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It looks like a hula hoop resting against a bed. It's not funny or interesting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No. 6 posted:

It's not funny or interesting.

But enough about your posting.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
When you poo poo bricks, you'll see it

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

But enough about your posting.

Also true but this doesn't make the dumb image any more clever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Fixed it