Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Luanne and Lucky both died from eating fishtank cleaner after hearing it kills COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bobby will be a butcher at an artisanal deli in Austin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Bobby's Burgers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope Bill got his poo poo together and lives happily with Laoma or Ann Richards or Reverend Stroup but the show never comments on it or goes into any more detail on how he became a functional human being

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ilmucche posted:

I hope Bill got his poo poo together and lives happily with Laoma or Ann Richards or Reverend Stroup but the show never comments on it or goes into any more detail on how he became a functional human being

A silent Ann Richards should be in every scene

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think Bobby would be rather well adjusted in his early 20s. It’s Joseph I’m worried about.

I’ve been imagining the adults in a time skip being their approximation real world ages in their 70s but I suppose they were in a vague late 30s and early 40s during the show. So Hank and co will probably be in their fifties in this revival? I can work with that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bobby is gonna be a NEET lazy millenial strawman

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’d hope that the writers room would have a good mix of millennials to push back against that.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Imagining Joseph as a roided up incel posting videos from his truck and doing an lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Joseph is going to have a baby he doesn’t know about.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Joseph is gonna have a small retreat (compound) where he does Three Sisters permaculture on a piece of land near the highway that John Redcorn rents to him for a really good deal

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kalli posted:

Clark Peters will be a cop

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*beavis and butthead doing tech support, but its dooley and clark peters*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

GolfHole posted:

*beavis and butthead doing tech support, but its dooley and clark peters*

*Dooley voice*
Your operating system sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hank was about to call your operating system a piece of poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nooner posted:

*Dooley voice*
Your operating system sucks

I mean how is the valid answer to this not 'Tell me something I don't know'

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bobby is an adult with a successful WFH job, but Hank is disappointed because the main office is on Oklahoma

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I, too, am scared of failson Bobby.

I want him to be happy :)

Bobby would be happy even as a huge failure, he tends to see the bright side of life.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Are you talking about a fat kids' store?

That word won't win you any friends at H. Dumpty's.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really don’t care for the resolution of that episode. Don’t do something you like and excel at because people will ridicule you? Hank being ultimately proven right that put a bad taste in my mouth. The episode where Bobby goes to clown college has a similar resolution but it’s handled far better.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BTW just to be clear when Bobby ends up as a fruit pie salesman in Wichita Falls, he will be a wildly successful fruit pie salesman beyond all of Hank's comprehension.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

CommonShore posted:

BTW just to be clear when Bobby ends up as a fruit pie salesman in Wichita Falls, he will be a wildly successful fruit pie salesman beyond all of Hank's comprehension.

Bobby would call himself a fruit pie salesman and Hank would call him a “Hostess Company Representative”.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

obviously the series will end will bobby joseph connie and someone drinking in the alley
who do you think will be the 4th friend

gh?
the dusty old bones kid?
bill's ghost?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do you think Ward Radley ended up living with his mother until she died?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

GolfHole posted:

obviously the series will end will bobby joseph connie and someone drinking in the alley

gh?
the dusty old bones kid?
bill's ghost?

It’ll be unceremoniously cancelled before then, like all shows.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Kalli posted:

Hell no he’s a high priest of the temple of Artemis, he’s no doubt a billionaire or senator by now, what with his immense occult powers.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

GolfHole posted:

gh?
the dusty old bones kid?
bill's ghost?

Rhett Van Der Graaf, probably.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Bobby would call himself a fruit pie salesman and Hank would call him a “Hostess Company Representative”.

im a door to door fruit pie salesman

hostess company represenative. works for a paycheck

Detective No. 27 posted:

I’d hope that the writers room would have a good mix of millennials to push back against that.

lol were lucky if judge doesnt push a ton of pro chud poo poo.

V i was imagining hank to be cottons age and and just being a tall cotton who spouts cottonesq poo poo.

snergle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 2, 2023

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

snergle posted:

im a door to door fruit pie salesman

hostess company represenative. works for a paycheck

No way Hank would have complex feelings of pride intermingled with shame about Bobby getting rich off his people skills. So, so complex. He’d call him a Hostess Company Representative when he was feeling prideful, and fruit pie salesman when he was feeling jealous of Bobby’s immense wealth.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"Bobbeh, ya've got ta have more pride in yer linea work y'see. Y'cant just go around callin' yerself a Fruit Pie Salesman, people are gonna talk."
"Daaaad, they do! That's why I've been salesman of the year for the past seven years!"
"*sigh* It's good to have a positive professional reputation, but they're also gonna think y'aint right."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

snergle posted:

lol were lucky if judge doesnt push a ton of pro chud poo poo.

We'll see. Hopefully Greg Daniels has a hand in it to balance it out too. The Beavis and Butthead revival has been great so far so I'm not too worried.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Sigh. Just promise you won’t sell…<tugs at collar> creampies

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Sigh. Just promise you won’t sell…<tugs at collar> creampies

Hank would know the difference between Hostess and Little Debbie! He’s not an asinine jackass!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
You're all forgetting the most important question:

How many substitute teacher of the year awards will Peggy have?

JaddaCaddra
Oct 3, 2013

Kalli posted:

Most certainly. The real question is if he lived with her for a few weeks after.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I really don’t care for the resolution of that episode. Don’t do something you like and excel at because people will ridicule you? Hank being ultimately proven right that put a bad taste in my mouth. The episode where Bobby goes to clown college has a similar resolution but it’s handled far better.

The same thing happens in the episode where Bobby works with the guy who picks up animal "product" for job shadow week. He gets an idea to start his own business in that same vein, and Hank has the other dude lie to Bobby about being beaten up for his job to scare him out of doing it. The part where Peggy acts so disgusted and Hank is telling Bobby "It's not just about money, but respect" in particular has always irritated me.

I mean it's in character for both, no problems there. Just the whole thing irked me, more than any of the other "Bobby does something not that terrible but has to stop because Hank disapproves."

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

GolfHole posted:

gh?
the dusty old bones kid?
bill's ghost?

Chane Wassanasong

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JaddaCaddra posted:

Most certainly. The real question is if he lived with her for a few weeks after.

The same thing happens in the episode where Bobby works with the guy who picks up animal "product" for job shadow week. He gets an idea to start his own business in that same vein, and Hank has the other dude lie to Bobby about being beaten up for his job to scare him out of doing it. The part where Peggy acts so disgusted and Hank is telling Bobby "It's not just about money, but respect" in particular has always irritated me.

I mean it's in character for both, no problems there. Just the whole thing irked me, more than any of the other "Bobby does something not that terrible but has to stop because Hank disapproves."

That one too. The resolution was awful. The poop cleaner guy had 100% faith in Bobby’s abilities. Hank’s reasoning that Bobby isn’t handsome enough to overcome the stigma of being a dude who cleans up poop for a living was really half assed. Even within tbe episode’s logic, Bobby seemed to do well on his own when pitching his side hustle of cleaning up frat guy puke. He’s a charismatic kid when it’s something he’s into. I get that they’re gonna go back to the status quo somehow but an outright lie didn’t sit right.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chane wassanassong gets into a top tier university. He flunks out, but will never let you forgot he got in

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

Chane wassanassong gets into a top tier university. He flunks out, but will never let you forgot he got in

100% he went to Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

He was gunning for Stanford but had to settle for uc fullerton