Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Author: "13 Street Bob FXDB Twin Cam 96CI 2+ front end with Progressive stiff suspension 15.75 rear Progressive stiff suspension Metzler m888 Marathon Ultras Vance & Hines upsweep two into one arleness big rotor kit arleness Big Air sucker and drag bars"

All I can think of is...track Harley? It almost looks raised, beyond just progressive springs. I want to ride it :lol:

You consistently post like someone who just landed on earth yesterday

Toe Rag posted:

I've seen an XR1200 at the track before, but that isn't very surprising I guess. Also saw this once. He was not slow!

A Street Bob is a Dyna I believe, which notoriously wobbles at speed. Hopefully they fixed that.

Another one of those drastically overstated things that stopped being true some time in the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Really? I thought it was still a thing. If you google it the first few results are people talking about it on their '09 or or even '13 model years, but I suppose they could have other problems as well and just assume it's innate.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Harley people are famous for their incisive analysis of bike handling dynamics, it's true

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

In a less snarky way: the old twin cam dyna had the engine mounted to the frame and the swingarm mounted to the engine. If the bushes involved in this area in poor shape it is possible to get a wobble but you also have to rule out the half dozen other things about a stock dyna that make it wobble first. I have never seen someone who a. can ride for poo poo and b. has a nuclear grade dyna ever even mention it, they're usually preoccupied with finding more ground clearance turning left and keeping their engine alive longer between rebuilds.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yep looks nice

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

yep looks nice

All those sick handing mods and then you saddle the poor thing with metzeler loving marathons smdh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah but they have white writing on em

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

yeah but they have white writing on em

:10bux: that was DIY

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Boutta do that to the Shinkos if I ever put them back on for lulz

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 2, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

If you don't try licking everything in an adventure game where they give you a tongue icon - and Full Throttle is one of these - then we are very different people

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

If you don't try licking everything in an adventure game where they give you a tongue icon - and Full Throttle is one of these - then we are very different people
Hey it worked for Sam & Max!

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
doom eternal is cringey but also has dash so it;s impossible to say if it is better or not,.

https://twitter.com/siraulokapo/status/1653268055441702913

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not a coffee guy but that looks delicious

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I am a coffee guy and that looks delicious

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Got back from a weekend at the in-laws. Father in law is currently big into the TW200, and did a conversion I've never seen before, but is apparently pretty popular with the hardcore t-dub crowd: He's replaced the rear wheel with a trailer wheel and stuck a side-by-side tire on it.

The center is cut from a TW200 stock wheel, and he fabbed the converter himself, but the process has become popular enough that people are building kits for it.

To hear him tell it, the benefits are a disk brake on the rear, tubeless tires, and a far wider selection of more dirt-oriented tires. I have no idea how it affects handling, but I assume it's similar to darksiding.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That is rad as gently caress

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

good lord I would really like to ride that thing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I enjoy the dichotomy of brembo brakes and what appears to be a nut welded onto the footpeg bracket serving as an anchor point for the subframe.

Lots of subframe fuckery today, is it a full moon?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

They didn't have any Italian pilsner! drat. Got some Bavarian IPA instead.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I enjoy the dichotomy of brembo brakes and what appears to be a nut welded onto the footpeg bracket serving as an anchor point for the subframe.

The bar attached to the passenger footpeg bracket that goes behind the side luggage plate? That's just a reinforcing rod for the rear luggage rack, they're pretty bouncy stock.

Now what IS fun is his custom built linkage for the rear brake pedal. Apparently mounting the master cylinder vertical like that was the only way he could get it to fit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That makes a bit more sense then

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Now waiting for the ferry.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I missed 69 and 420 and 1234, but I got the Star Trek number.

Took a quick ride to Vernonia after work, taking a different route there than I did back. Took a lot of the turns a good 10mph than I did the last time I rode there.

I can feel my improvements, but I’m still just a novice.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
drat Geekboy, you put 1700 miles on it already?

Here I thought 3k miles on my VStrom since October was good. Tbf, I've been only commuting and not much else

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

:krad:

I want it. I want it bad. I think this is the air/oil cooled one, but i didn't spend enough time peeking through the fairings to see if it had a standard radiator or not.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah thats an oil boiler

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

TotalLossBrain posted:

drat Geekboy, you put 1700 miles on it already?

Here I thought 3k miles on my VStrom since October was good. Tbf, I've been only commuting and not much else

I did about 5K on the Roadster last year and it wasn’t nearly as comfortable. I intend to run the wheels off this thing.

Not having to commute means most of my trips are for fun, so I am usually out for at least a few hours.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

LimaBiker posted:

:krad:

I want it. I want it bad. I think this is the air/oil cooled one, but i didn't spend enough time peeking through the fairings to see if it had a standard radiator or not.

The 1993-up ones have one big rear light instead of two small side by side, easiest way to tell.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
Daily driving this bike is interesting.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Rad! The right kind of orange bike.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

helno posted:

I like how there's a circle, denoting the crankshaft, some lines, denoting the cylinder bore, and some stripes, denoting the geartrain. Very nice.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Portland's dry season has arrived, so I took the Monkey to work. So much more uh connected to the road!
I love this thing. Can't speed much, can't pass, but I love it.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

Russian Bear posted:

Rad! The right kind of orange bike.

Mandarin Orange. They should have used it more often.

Slavvy posted:

I like how there's a circle, denoting the crankshaft, some lines, denoting the cylinder bore, and some stripes, denoting the geartrain. Very nice.

I prefer the sharp edges on the case covers vs the rounded style on the RD350. It could use a disk brake up front.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

helno posted:

:kiss:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok yep that's the only place i support use of a top box like that

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I mean....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Top box chat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feawen
May 12, 2023

Found some dirt today on my big dirtbike (2012 GS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Heatwave in the PNW. PDX is at over 90 degrees F / 32C today.
I took the Monkey into the mountains where I was eventually defeated by snow on the road