Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the secret is to rent a game from the mom and pop store forget about it and then move to a new state they cant stop you

works with friends too, you just borrow a game and then grow apart and move away and before you know it you have superstar saga on the gba to yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Leal posted:

This is kinda how I got my gold cartridge copy of Ocarina of Time. Just never returned it and when my mom finally caught on and we went to return it, the place went out of business.

lol sick

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i loaned superstar saga to someone and their house burned down the next day destroying the game

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So glad I grew up at the time where SNES emulators were already a thing. The worst experience with beating FFVI for me was figuring out how to move Snes9x save files to ZSNES when the former stopped working on my new computer for some reason.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

works with friends too, you just borrow a game and then grow apart and move away and before you know it you have superstar saga on the gba to yourself

This happened to me with a copy of Yu-Gi-Oh forbidden memories on the ps1. Lent me the game and then I never spoke to him again and my parents split up and I moved away. owned

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i loaned superstar saga to someone and their house burned down the next day destroying the game

I lent out a game once and they just sold it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
meth guy borrowing all the games he can so can sell them for meth

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I let a kid in 8th grade borrow my game boy color and Bionic Commando and the family moved away that same night without telling anybody

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
playing final fantasy 4 on the gba and getting asked by a girl what im playing and when i show it to her she says calls it gay

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
society is made up of two people, those who lend out their games and have the entire family disappear and those who borrow games and later disappear with their entire family

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

playing final fantasy 4 on the gba and getting asked by a girl what im playing and when i show it to her she says calls it gay

she owned you

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The best part of blockbuster was renting a game that had like all the best equipment and stuff on the file already cause then little child version of you can get the satisfaction of finally beating Culex and his bastard crystals even though you're too stupid to do it otherwise

Not quite the same thing, but back when I used Xbox Live a lot as a teenager I'd sometimes get matched with someone on like Resident Evil 5 or Dead Island who'd be like "hold up a sec" and then give you a hacked infinite ammo ak47 just like out of the kindness of their hacking heart- my 360 save of Dead Island probably still has my infinite ammo pistols and poo poo on it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I used to work at a video rental store and some guy returned a game he had rented brand new and had late fees of over $500. He should have bought the game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If enjoying the epic and emotional story of Cecil the Dark Knight, his journey to become a paladin and discovery of his true heritage sounds gay, then I guess I'm just a big gay.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the secret is to rent a game from the mom and pop store forget about it and then move to a new state they cant stop you

and thats how I got Syphon Filter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
what? huh! i turned into a paladin and now i'm level one again? what a bunch a bunch of bullshit now i have to gai-- now i have to grind more levels outside this is nonsense. *goes outside and encounters the second form of scarmiglione the earth fiend* oh great now theres a boss out here too welp i'm dead. cool prophecy everyone it made me level 1 and now i'm dead

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

society is made up of two people, those who lend out their games and have the entire family disappear and those who borrow games and later disappear with their entire family

I lent out my Mega Man 2 and Duck Tales to a guy and their family moved away soon after, I know tp which camp I belong in. I'm not still angry, I'm just... still disappointed.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If enjoying the epic and emotional story of Cecil the Dark Knight, his journey to become a paladin and discovery of his true heritage sounds gay, then I guess I'm just a big gay.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what? huh! i turned into a paladin and now i'm level one again? what a bunch a bunch of bullshit now i have to gai-- now i have to grind more levels outside this is nonsense. *goes outside and encounters the second form of scarmiglione the earth fiend* oh great now theres a boss out here too welp i'm dead. cool prophecy everyone it made me level 1 and now i'm dead

His true name is Milon (in the SNES version)!!!

That version had all sorts of weird translations. Still ruled though

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I'm very sorry for your loss

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
God Superstar Saga whips so much.

Just one more good Mario RPG Nintendo I'm begging you

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

You fight Scarmiglione the second time before you become a paladin. Turn in your nerd card.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

God Superstar Saga whips so much.

Just one more good Mario RPG Nintendo I'm begging you

It's the third best Mario RPG after SMRPG and Paper Mario TTYD

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Marcade posted:

You fight Scarmiglione the second time before you become a paladin. Turn in your nerd card.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
On the other hand the second fight should definitely have been after Cecil became a Paladin

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TheKingofSprings posted:

On the other hand the second fight should definitely have been after Cecil became a Paladin

But it didn't. Consult the scriptures and humble yourself.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the sex ghost posted:

This happened to me with a copy of Yu-Gi-Oh forbidden memories on the ps1. Lent me the game and then I never spoke to him again and my parents split up and I moved away. owned

it’s time to d-d-d-dip out and steal some games

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

it’s time to d-d-d-dip out and steal some games

More like My-Gi-Oh.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

TheKingofSprings posted:

Milon getting BTFO by full spell list Tellah might undercut the moment

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Half of Dracula posted:

Milon getting BTFO by full spell list Tellah might undercut the moment

Tellah nailing him with Fire3 before Cecil can even unsheathe his holy sword

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My friend borrowed my copy of Jurassic Park on snes and then tried to gaslight me into thinking he gave it back and I'm like bitch I know you just stole it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol stealing jurassic park on snes thats doing you a favor

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jurassic park on snes owned how dare you

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SNes jurassic park was good cause neither of my older brothers could figure out you hadda attack the bones on the last boss, but i did B)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Anybody remember the OUYA? Sort of a saga because a single goon, who seemed obsessed with doomed to fail gaming Kickstarters, tried to promote it as the console of the future

OUYA - Half as successful as the original PlayStation.

quote:

Hot drat, I finally found some pre-order info to discuss.
http://m.computerandvideogames.com/9136/us-dreamcast-orders-pass-200000
Dreamcast managed 200,000+. PS1 managed 100,000+.

OUYA had 57,000+ by the end of the Kickstarter. They have more now. They will have more by the time it releases. I knew you guys were always being loving ridiculous by comparing sales numbers to pre-orders, but I didn't realize it would be that close. Yeah, it's not gonna be competitive against the big three, but if those pre-order numbers are indicative of sales, it's certainly enough to form a user base.

"Half as successful as the original PlayStation" seems downright decent.

It was later revealed that the poster thought it would be a massive success because when trying to play flash browser games on a regular computer it would run too slow (also they had 100+tabs open at all times)

Follow-up threads
OUYA - hey does anyone remember the N-gage, whatever happened to that thing

ouya dies june 25th 2019

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

oh xboxpants. hope they are doing well

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The first time I moved when I was a kid my friend and I were borrowing games from each other and we forgot to make the switch back. I think he had my copy of Dragon Warrior and I had his copy of Bomberman but I can't really remember for sure (I own both games now so whatever I lost I just replaced at some point).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Danaru posted:

Jurassic park on snes owned how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

I used to work at a video rental store and some guy returned a game he had rented brand new and had late fees of over $500. He should have bought the game.

When I was a kid I had rented some game and we put it in the dropbox to return it, and the store kept calling us and saying we never returned it. Eventually they said they found it, but that we had put it in the wrong place because it was an old dropbox that they weren't checking anymore (but it was still open to accept games and wasn't marked as closed in any way). They actually still tried to charge us late fees for the weeks it took their dumb asses to find it. My dad told them to gently caress off and we just starting going to another store.