Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Takes No Damage posted:

The first half of S1 of AoS is pretty rough because they're stalling until Winter Soldier comes out. After that it gets significantly better. Easily the same level as the Netflix stuff and you get 7 seasons of it instead of 2 or 3. Also Ming Na Wen :blush:

Ming Na Wen getting stabbed in the shoulder and she thanks her torturer for giving her a weapon lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ming-Na Wen was the best part of Agents of Shield (and anything else she's been in)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Ming-Na Wen was the best part of Agents of Shield (and anything else she's been in)

A low bar with The Book of Boba Fett, but it was nice to see her still kicking around.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

The first half of S1 of AoS is pretty rough because they're stalling until Winter Soldier comes out. After that it gets significantly better.

Ward saving Fitz+Simmons by dunking them in the ocean really is a highlight of that reveal. The forlorn look on his face as he does it is :kiss:

https://i.imgur.com/QTzouja.mp4

AoS was such a great series, though I did give up around the Life Model Decoy/Virtual Reality season?
Just an absolute glut of Superhero TV shows on at the time if I recall. Arrow, Flash, and AoS sorta burnt me out.

LividLiquid posted:

people wouldn't keep loving insisting that white people are being erased when a superhero is a person of color like they're Tucker loving Carlson promoting white replacement theory in barely disguised dogwhistles.

Noones saying that at all, but you are accusing posters of racism - so maybe go touch grass.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

Also Ming Na Wen

Is in none of those scenes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arist posted:

I feel like saying Miles is just black Peter is more disrespectful, personally

Saying anyone is black Peter is problematic at best.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

mutata posted:

-Spider-man is only allowed to be rude to women in the black suit.
-Spider-man is only allowed to visit jazz clubs while wearing the black suit.

Spider-Man can help the police oppress black people in any suit, but can only deal crack to children while wearing the black suit.

Black suit Spidey vs Omar from The Wire when?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Infinitum posted:

AoS was such a great series, though I did give up around the Life Model Decoy/Virtual Reality season?
Just an absolute glut of Superhero TV shows on at the time if I recall. Arrow, Flash, and AoS sorta burnt me out.

LMD/Framework arc was pretty much the pinnacle so you went out on a high note! 5, 6, 7 were still good but never reached those heights again, but at least 7 was the best of those three so it ended well.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Noones saying that at all, but you are accusing posters of racism - so maybe go touch grass.
I'm done talking about this with you.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
if I've learned anything from pointlessly keeping up with this thread it's that you can count on Infinitum for the opinion that all comic characters should stay the same as they were the time they were introduced

Also that you should watch Agents of Shield. Or maybe you shouldn't. Or maybe you should. Or maybe...

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

Also, he gains his powers while attending either middle school or college. But not high school?

It's gotta be a little old, because it says the black suit has to be a symbiote, and he wore a regular black suit in No Way Home.

That part made no sense. As in I don't think there's a single live action or even cartoon that comes to mind where he got his powers in middle school or college.

Hell, my kid loves Spidey and His Amazing Friends and those spidey's are in elementary school.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Venom chugs a beer and cheets on his symbiote

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

-Spider-man cannot play penny slots unless he's wearing the symbiote suit.
-Spider-man cannot make a batch of bathtub gin unless he's wearing the symbiote suit.
-Spider-man must never play the saxophone.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
there ain't no rule that says a golden retriever can't play spider-man

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Firebert posted:

there ain't no rule that says a golden retriever can't play spider-man

Or a pig!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dammit Venom!

*Venom gets all his crypto hacked.*

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
All my apes, Cletus! Gone!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Infinitum posted:

If you never watched it, you should go back to CW supers and check out Legends of Tomorrow. Season 1 is the worst but still kind of okay for Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold. In season 2 they finally realized, "Wait a second. We have time-traveling superpeople. Why the gently caress are we trying to be serious about this? We should lean into the fun and get crazy." Which is what they did.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

MikusR posted:

Is in none of those scenes.

:actually: there were two of her :smuggo:
I think, don't remember exactly when Agent 13 started her Mission: Impossible face swap thing

Everyone posted:

Spider-Man can help the police oppress black people in any suit, but can only deal crack to children while wearing the black suit.

Black suit Spidey vs Omar from The Wire when?

"Spidey comin'!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgXoQFfME0

bentacos posted:

All my apes, Cletus! Gone!

Worried that they could easily do a crypto storyline by just changing them to BoredSpiders :ohdear:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

mutata posted:

-Spider-man cannot play penny slots unless he's wearing the symbiote suit.
-Spider-man cannot make a batch of bathtub gin unless he's wearing the symbiote suit.
-Spider-man must never play the saxophone.

He can play the saxaboom though, but only as long as he's wearing the Jack Black suit.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Everyone posted:

If you never watched it, you should go back to CW supers and check out Legends of Tomorrow. Season 1 is the worst but still kind of okay for Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold. In season 2 they finally realized, "Wait a second. We have time-traveling superpeople. Why the gently caress are we trying to be serious about this? We should lean into the fun and get crazy." Which is what they did.

No idea what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPOVeO1M6Q

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everyone posted:

No idea what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r64_MTo9J8

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Everyone posted:

In terms of getting crazy, where does LoT stand next to Doom Patrol and Legion, the gold standards for superhero shows that make you ask what the gently caress you just saw.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

:actually: there were two of her :smuggo:

I meant the actress did the action scenes like Harrison Ford in Crystal skull

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

IshmaelZarkov posted:

In terms of getting crazy, where does LoT stand next to Doom Patrol and Legion, the gold standards for superhero shows that make you ask what the gently caress you just saw.

In the first season, the Legends end up in the past with Jonah Hex and Stein (half of Firestorm) cures a young H. G. Wells' tuberculosis before the team has to leave abruptly to stop someone from killing younger versions of themselves.

In the series finale, Donald Faison plays Booster Gold.

It's worth a watch.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MikusR posted:

I meant the actress did the action scenes like Harrison Ford in Crystal skull

Yeah I know they were stuntpeople, but I think we all know Wen could have done that table flip IRL if she wanted to :colbert:

I need to finish Doom Patrol and Legion, about half way through both and got distracted by one thing or another.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

IshmaelZarkov posted:

It's not that like of crazy. More like Saturday morning cartoon wacky shenanigans. Very PG. Every season basically starts with the Legends breaking time, space, magic, and having to fix it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
LoT is a bold TV experiment that dares to pose the question "Can you make a show so dumb it loops back to being good?"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

LoT is a bold TV experiment that dares to pose the question "Can you make a show so dumb it loops back to being good?"

And their answer was, "Yes we can."

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Takes No Damage posted:

I need to finish Doom Patrol and Legion
fucken DC needs to finish Doom Patrol by releasing the last 6 episodes

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Everyone posted:

And their answer was, "Yes we can."

I never thought I would ask this question, but why is the gorilla time traveling and trying to kill Obama and why does Obama not seem surprised to see a talking intelligent time-traveling ape attempting to assassinate him at Harvard in the 1980's?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If you have to ask, you're not ready for post-dark Nora Darhk.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Takes No Damage posted:

The first half of S1 of AoS is pretty rough because they're stalling until Winter Soldier comes out. After that it gets significantly better. Easily the same level as the Netflix stuff and you get 7 seasons of it instead of 2 or 3. Also Ming Na Wen :blush:

I mean, that's her body double/stuntwoman isn't it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
She does most of her fight scenes herself and has said she does about 75% of her own stunts.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Mint Na is awesome. It’s also cool to give props to good choreography and the stunt people who destroy themselves and never get credit for anything.

If they’re obscuring the actors face, more likely stunt person.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 3, 2023

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
At least one of the two persons in that scene is a stunt double regardless, since I doubt they've figured out to clone Ming-Na Wen yet.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's not clear which one did the jump, but one of them was Ming Na fighting her double; there was a whole piece in EW about all the training the two of them did together for that scene following the airing of the ep.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rezzing this thread with a little time control from the 2nd most powerful mutant ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirMh3ELIRs

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Man, I forgot how straight up evil David is in season three. Just the villain of the season. I gotta give Legion a rewatch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MokBa posted:

Man, I forgot how straight up evil David is in season three. Just the villain of the season. I gotta give Legion a rewatch!