Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Where do the leafs go from here I wonder...
I don't know that they have the wing depth to spread the lines out like they are... maybe just load up the top 2 and hope that pushes through?
There's not a lot they can defensively/goaltending-wise

I don’t think they need to change a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

gj cats

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I don't know that they have the wing depth to spread the lines out like they are... maybe just load up the top 2 and hope that pushes through?
There's not a lot they can defensively/goaltending-wise

I don’t think they were terrible. Just fewer gently caress ups and better finishing. Easier said then done but I don’t think they got dominated

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

they honestly got goalied a bit and should probably not panic and scramble poo poo up in reaction

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe they should bring back Holl

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

secret volcano lair posted:

they honestly got goalied a bit and should probably not panic and scramble poo poo up in reaction

Counterpoint they should 100% do this!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Florida hasn’t even played very well in this game imo, they’ve just made the Leafs pay for the mistakes they made and the Leafs haven’t returned the favour.

I think that's part of the trap. This is more or less how they played against Boston too. They're a very good team, especially at 5 on 5, but it doesn't look flashy.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.
Was it just me or did the woman singing the national anthem at the Stars game gently caress up the lyrics?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CobwebMustardseed posted:

Was it just me or did the woman singing the national anthem at the Stars game gently caress up the lyrics?

She had to put that country twang on it and hosed it all up

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I really hope Joe Pavelski is ready to go here and didn't hurry back because it was the playoffs.. wanna see that guy at his best, not still shaken up from a concussion

**kind of interesting they are starting him on the 2nd line, those guys (Marchment and Domi) aren't the best defensive presences on the team...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Stars arena immediately sounds louder than anything I heard in that entire Leafs game

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Murray might be ready to go soon.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

It's Joe! He's Back!!!!

DALLAS

STARS

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

HEEEELLLLLL YES JOE

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joe lives

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Nice goal Pavs!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Ugh gently caress

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think that's part of the trap. This is more or less how they played against Boston too. They're a very good team, especially at 5 on 5, but it doesn't look flashy.

If the trap is giving up a breakaway to Auston Matthews in the first 5 minutes and then multiple 2 on 1s, a 2 on 0, and leaving guys open in front of the net then I’ll walk into that trap. Leafs just didn’t convert, imo.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Pavs :unsmith:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

It's early but grubauer giving up a goal in the first couple minutes makes my eye twitch

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Let’s goooooo Pavelski welcome back

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
go stars and get Eberle, Gourde, and Borgen

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that's on grubauer

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Let’s go the loving Stars!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ping

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

.Spec posted:

It's early but grubauer giving up a goal in the first couple minutes makes my eye twitch

Yeah. The Stars also didn't offer him a contract big enough in 2021, so why isn't he just as motivated against them?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Joe :qq:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Huh, McCann's still dead? Sucks

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hell yeah

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Darkness music :(

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Man that is an aggressive forecheck

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Bless u Schwartz

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahahaha nice

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

JOE PAVELSKI GOOD

EvilBlackRailgun