Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

These shows aren’t even worth stealing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

IM GOING TO DO IT

love that for you, please post a trip report 🙏🏼

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

the escape goat posted:

love that for you, please post a trip report 🙏🏼

I'm going to die

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I'm going to die

nope, not allowed until after the trip report

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

ARMBAR A COP posted:

IM GOING TO DO IT

It is your duty to bring Defy's dueling "holy poo poo/gently caress" chants to the east coast.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bonk posted:

It is your duty to bring Defy's dueling "holy poo poo/gently caress" chants to the east coast.

what no those are almost as bad as WOOO during chops or the too sweet on a nearfall

I hope you get to hear lots of lighthearted, funny chirps and generally positive reactions and unique chants! always rules when a crowd can get on top of something totally out of the blue.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This should be a fun one. Gringo is a really great base for these guys

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

https://linktr.ee/Enjoywrestling

Tickets for Enjoy Wrestling's next event are up for anyone in the Pittsburgh area that might be interested.

Edith Surreal vs Su Yung!

Ray Lyn vs Miyu Yamashita (!!!)

The Production vs Bird Law (!!!!!)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah it's going to be a fun time like always and lol that the podcast I listen to got the Snickers level sponsorship because I posted on a wrestle thread in his discord that Enjoy was a cool queer friendly promotion always looking for cool sponsors and support
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1653398351633686529

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

the escape goat posted:

what no those are almost as bad as WOOO during chops or the too sweet on a nearfall

I hope you get to hear lots of lighthearted, funny chirps and generally positive reactions and unique chants! always rules when a crowd can get on top of something totally out of the blue.

I got a USA chant started in Canada last weekend

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I got a USA chant started in Canada last weekend

Why would you do this

We booed a USA chant (against South Korean wrestler Shiho Hong) into silence in Detroit at a GCW show, never been more proud to be a Michigander

Ok maybe when the state ended right-to-work but my point still stands

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

We got a very important message from wrestling star Abraham Lincoln

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The Taxman posted:

Why would you do this

USA! USA! USA! Chants will never stop being funny in Canada

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

stab posted:

I'm mindblown, I always assumed those were rogue American travelers

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

stab posted:

I was in Montreal and there was some wrestling outdoors at a street fair.

Some dudes dressed in full Canadian flag gear, said they didn't speak French and played O Canada

Boos were intense

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

My favorite is when Duggan would wrestle an American and get a chant going

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 2, 2023

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My favorite is when Duggan would wrestle an American and get a chant going

Greatest member of Team Canada never forget

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

stab posted:

Greatest member of Team Canada never forget

For me it is Kevin Owens beloved trainer Jacques Rougeau.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

The Taxman posted:

We booed a USA chant (against South Korean wrestler Shiho Hong) into silence in Detroit at a GCW show, never been more proud to be a Michigander
Shiho is cool! He only had 2 dates on that US tour and I saw him at his other one. He runs Pro Wrestling Society out of Seoul, which is pretty decent (if extremely budget) and it has English commentary.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

We got a very important message from wrestling star Abraham Lincoln
:hmmyes:

We also got over a "that's expensive" chant when they broke Lincoln's fax machine.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Chanting USA in a match with a Canadian wrestler will always be funny to me for ironic reasons but also I've known stab for over 20 years so legally I'm allowed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://youtube.com/shorts/AzioCMX4_J4

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Saw someone brought up being disappointed that Smart Mark Sterling isn't a shoot lawyer on the side and made me realize that Pittsburgh Local staple David Lawless is https://www.pwmania.com/legal-lariatsthe-david-lawless-story

Something about Pittsburgh wrestlers having shoot jobs that fit their gimmick

Though what's even funnier at MV Young's training school promotion, he has added to the lawyer gimmick by taking a bunch "I Think You Should Leave" bits to him and his Dangerous Nights Crew

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Saw someone brought up being disappointed that Smart Mark Sterling isn't a shoot lawyer on the side and made me realize that Pittsburgh Local staple David Lawless is https://www.pwmania.com/legal-lariatsthe-david-lawless-story

Something about Pittsburgh wrestlers having shoot jobs that fit their gimmick

Though what's even funnier at MV Young's training school promotion, he has added to the lawyer gimmick by taking a bunch "I Think You Should Leave" bits to him and his Dangerous Nights Crew

my fav of these was Paul Bearer was an irl licensed mortician

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Rina Yamashita extended her US stay, get to see her in Detroit!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

At the indie show tonight saw Taurus v Laredo Kid (which ruled), and Terrence and Terrell Hughes did a run in on a different match. At the next show they're running TnT plus Devon v Midwest Scum and Darren McCarty (of Red Wings fame).

Too bad I'm gonna be rafting that weekend, sounds fun (and swoggle is supposed to be there too)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kenny Johnson's documentary on Edith Surreal is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuURIa_rxoY

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1655302010743275520?t=um6YXRikJWykhYZlrJpaFQ&s=19 Ospreay successful in his ransoming attempt to get his abuser mate back into the fold

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/NEWWrestlingInc/status/1655229333714395137

RIP my favorite tag team, State of Emergency. They had a hell of a run.

At least it'll probably lead to both getting singles belts down the line. Though I wonder if they'll still show up in Defy; the US and Canada have different kayfabes.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

https://www.wtrf.com/ohio-valley/tacomania-first-of-its-kind-coming-to-the-ohio-valley/

If you're in Pittsburgh on July 30th you can check out Tacomania - an outdoor pro wrestling / taco / margarita festival.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

https://www.wtrf.com/ohio-valley/tacomania-first-of-its-kind-coming-to-the-ohio-valley/

If you're in Pittsburgh on July 30th you can check out Tacomania - an outdoor pro wrestling / taco / margarita festival.
Man they are going make me cross a bridge to the South Side, but I'm from the East End!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If you haven't been following Defy, Christopher Daniels might have the coolest storyline on the indies. During the pandemic, the Defy belt was stuck in Canada with Randy Myers, so Daniels and Swerve fought over the interim belt, and Schaff had dug up the old PNW Heavyweight title to defend as a rogue belt. When Randy returned, they had a ladder match with Randy, Swerve, Daniels, Schaff, and former champions Artemis Spencer and Davey Richards to determine the true champion. Swerve won, but during the match Judas Icarus & Travis Williams (Sinner & Saint) attacked Randy and pulled him to the back, and nobody really knew why. They kept harassing Randy for months, and Evan Rivers also debuted to join them.

Last month when Nick Wayne beat Swerve for the belt, Swerve promised that Nick's first AEW match in July would be against him, and Swerve is moving on from Defy now. But earlier on the show, Randy had a 3v1 Loser-Leaves-Defy gauntlet match against all 3 of Sinner & Saint. Randy fought through Judas and Evan, but then instead of Travis, the third who came out was Christopher Daniels, who revealed himself as the mastermind behind Sinner & Saint (which is now a stable), and beat Randy to kick him out of Defy. The other part of that is, Defy has a working relationship with AEW, and Daniels is head of Talent Relations, so he had a hand in signing both Swerve and Nick Wayne. So between those two and Randy, Daniels has been playing 4D chess to gradually remove every other top contender for the Defy belt.

I highly doubt they'd ever kayfabe this, but it'd be fun if they implied he was the whistleblower on Davey Richards to get rid of him too.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Two interesting retirements in the last month, Terra Calaway and Kimberlee. I always liked Terra's last of the dinosaurs gimmick, and she retired while she was still scheduled for a few matches. Kimberlee was pretty much the first woman to win a major indys main title with her Chikara Grand Championship run which happened during that period of WWE refusing to sign women wrestlers who had previously done intergender matches.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

Bonk posted:

If you haven't been following Defy, Christopher Daniels might have the coolest storyline on the indies. During the pandemic, the Defy belt was stuck in Canada with Randy Myers, so Daniels and Swerve fought over the interim belt, and Schaff had dug up the old PNW Heavyweight title to defend as a rogue belt. When Randy returned, they had a ladder match with Randy, Swerve, Daniels, Schaff, and former champions Artemis Spencer and Davey Richards to determine the true champion. Swerve won, but during the match Judas Icarus & Travis Williams (Sinner & Saint) attacked Randy and pulled him to the back, and nobody really knew why. They kept harassing Randy for months, and Evan Rivers also debuted to join them.

Last month when Nick Wayne beat Swerve for the belt, Swerve promised that Nick's first AEW match in July would be against him, and Swerve is moving on from Defy now. But earlier on the show, Randy had a 3v1 Loser-Leaves-Defy gauntlet match against all 3 of Sinner & Saint. Randy fought through Judas and Evan, but then instead of Travis, the third who came out was Christopher Daniels, who revealed himself as the mastermind behind Sinner & Saint (which is now a stable), and beat Randy to kick him out of Defy. The other part of that is, Defy has a working relationship with AEW, and Daniels is head of Talent Relations, so he had a hand in signing both Swerve and Nick Wayne. So between those two and Randy, Daniels has been playing 4D chess to gradually remove every other top contender for the Defy belt.

I highly doubt they'd ever kayfabe this, but it'd be fun if they implied he was the whistleblower on Davey Richards to get rid of him too.

This sounds really fun. Daniels being behind a group called Sinmer & Saint just seems right.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

syzpid posted:

Two interesting retirements in the last month, Terra Calaway and Kimberlee. I always liked Terra's last of the dinosaurs gimmick, and she retired while she was still scheduled for a few matches. Kimberlee was pretty much the first woman to win a major indys main title with her Chikara Grand Championship run which happened during that period of WWE refusing to sign women wrestlers who had previously done intergender matches.

Both will be sorely missed. Particularly, I hope Kimber Lee finds some peace.

I still rock my dropkick depression shirt whenever I can. I somehow doubt Terra is completely out of the wrestling game.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I feel for Kimber Lee :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I feel for Kimber Lee :(

I felt so bad when she ran in terror of Sadika. But totally relatable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bonk posted:

Is there a cheaper way to watch Defy shows? I just checked their site to see where I could watch their shows and their streaming service is $17 a month. That seems insane. Do they stream anywhere else?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You gotta pay the 17 dollars a month to hear me yelling at Vikingo in spanish

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is there a cheaper way to watch Defy shows? I just checked their site to see where I could watch their shows and their streaming service is $17 a month. That seems insane. Do they stream anywhere else?
They used to be on Fite & IWTV, but they went freelance after last October. Unfortunately that seems to be the only way to get it legitimately right now, but their other stuff shows up on VK and Youku sometimes. The Realest is 100% worth watching.

But yeah, the monthly fee feels way too high for the amount of content they produce, and I hope they rethink that. But you can get a 7-day free trial that gives you access to everything if you want to binge watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/newfearcityNFC/status/1656378814870560768