Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Couldn't that potentially be a crime? Knowingly helping somebody impersonate another person or organization sounds like something that is probably illegal. At the very least it sounds like something somebody could be sued over. The mere threat of it might be considered blackmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
NPR should just post this story to their account and nothing else.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Dril has committed a brutal murder

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

do it musk, give one of the dogecoin guys the @npr handle

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The fact that Musk cares about NPR posting must mean the sitewide metrics must be trending downwards after all the fun and games of his takeover are over.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Couldn't that potentially be a crime? Knowingly helping somebody impersonate another person or organization sounds like something that is probably illegal.

No

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hmmm @realDonaldTrump hasn't tweeted in years, wonder when that one gets reassigned

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mobby_6kl posted:

Nooo the ublock thing stopped working and i have to see Musk's terrible tweets again :cry:

I just muted him.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

He’s so bad at this.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it's not blocked, he just messed up the link

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

The Awesomesaurus posted:

He’s so bad at this.

He’s the anti-humor, as foretold by the prophecies. The one who would bring about the destruction of all things funny

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1653487811683848193

Content creators, use our site for your exclusive content!

Also, our site sucks rear end for content!
He said posting 21minute Maher bootlick video in 640x360

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

It's amazing. Every week, maybe even every day, I'm like "This is it, Mush has reached the maximum level of patheticness"... and then he just keeps on digging. I mean he has more money than some countries, and I'm just looking at this online meltdown thinking "At least I'm not that pathetic".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe he'll make billionaires seem less cool and we can stop idolizing them

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

keep punching joe posted:

That Steve sayers dude has a gross flikr archive of upskirts of drunk festival girls. Wild seeing him being referenced by dril.
I'm sure they're really up-kilt pics of drunken Scotsmen.... nothing to see here except some bollocks and crack.

What you said would not surprise me one iota

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Maybe he'll make billionaires seem less cool and we can stop idolizing them

He's certainly convinced me that yes, there is such a thing as having too much money

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
One of muskrat’s original critics (he was debunking model 3 production lies ages ago) had musk settle with him after he sued musk for defamation, despite musk saying he’d never settle.

Only settled for 10k tho shoulda gone for more

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-defamation-lawsuit-tesla-randeep-hothi-1850394613

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It truly is amazing how Elon keeps proving he's even more pathetic than Trump

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

holtemon posted:

It's just a bird what's the big deal?? There's millions of em and they shouldn't be standing in the way of progess

gently caress u

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Jesus Christ

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/05/environmental-groups-sue-the-faa-over-spacex-launch-from-texas/

quote:

Environmental groups sue the FAA over SpaceX launch from Texas

The launch on April 20 kicked up a lot of dust and concrete.

Several environmental groups filed a lawsuit against the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on Monday, saying that the agency had not sufficiently regulated the launch of SpaceX's Starship rocket from South Texas.

In the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Washington, DC, the groups say that the FAA failed to account for the damage caused by testing and launching the Starship rocket, which results in "intense heat, noise, and light that adversely affects surrounding habitat areas and communities, which included designated critical habitat for federally protected species as well as National Wildlife Refuge and State Park lands."

During the initial launch of the Starship rocket, on April 20, the environmental organizations say the launch "scattered debris and ash over a large area," including adjacent lands that provide a habitat for endangered species.

[...]

In a Twitter spaces event on Saturday night, SpaceX founder Elon Musk said the company was taking measures to prevent similar occurrences from happening, including installing a large steel plate and a water deluge system beneath the rocket.

"The debris is really just basically sand and rock, so it's not toxic at all or anything," he said. "It's just like a sandstorm, essentially. Basically a human-made sandstorm. But we don't want to do that again."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So it's actually a hypercarcinogen?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Even if it wasn't toxic how is pounding a wildlife refuge with smouldering debris not a big deal?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

So it's actually a hypercarcinogen?

There was a video of a Christmas Lecture 4 years ago about how simple math mistakes affected real world things.
And it did a segment about the Arian 5 rocket that exploded in 1996.
Well they brought on a recovered segment of it, and had to use 30 years later gloves as it was still toxic to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JwEYamjXpA&t=3389s
This is it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Elon Musk sucks and I don't know how to feel about this

oh yeah, there's a new Wondery podcast about Elon and how much he sucks, from Wondery of all people

https://wondery.com/shows/flipping-the-bird-elon-vs-twitter/

When Elon Musk posted a video of himself arriving at Twitter HQ carrying a white sink along with the message “let that sink in!” it marked the end of a dramatic takeover. Musk had gone from Twitter critic to “Chief Twit” in the space of just a few months but his arrival didn’t put an end to questions about his motives. Musk had earned a reputation as a business maverick. From PayPal to Tesla to SpaceX, his name was synonymous with big, earth-shattering ideas. So, what did he want with a social media platform? And was this all really in the name of free speech...or was this all in the name of Elon Musk? From Wondery, the makers of WeCrashed and In God We Lust, comes the wild story of how the richest man alive took charge of the world’s “digital public square.”

I'm glad someone's documenting this for the mainstream because what the gently caress is going on. It all seems fake. I'm still not sure he's trying to destroy it on purpose for... reasons?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1653603892955951109?t=qLWzBLAjd-EBvzQkI3Ml9Q&s=19

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
He just wanted to attack it to look like a cool dude to the maga chuds. Then he was pretending to buy it because he was soaking up all the praise, but he accidentally said the wrong words or signed the wrong documents and he legally had to buy it. Big whoops.

It turned out that Twitter didn't have a bias in the first place, so he's just trying to make it work, but is revealing how much of an insecure jackass he really is.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

this is just another one of those accounts that just makes poo poo up like the "yeah that's real" one right

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BattleMaster posted:

this is just another one of those accounts that just makes poo poo up like the "yeah that's real" one right

quote:

#1 Source For Hip-Hop/Viral News | Follow Us & Stay Updated | Email For Promo/Business TheDailyLoud@gmail.com | Listen To Our Spotify & Follow Our IG Below

yes probably

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

You can tell its real as he has an audio jack installed at the top of his head.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

happyhippy posted:

Look, some folks are old enough to predate bluetooth. Don't judge

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Look, some folks are old enough to predate bluetooth. Don't judge

You don’t want to know how I receive my faxes!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Maybe he's one of their deaf patients?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

The Daily Loud is very very present on the logged-out Twitter feed.

Jacobus Spades
Oct 29, 2004

He’s so bad at this.

On the other hand he's pretty gourd at this.

SithKitty
Jun 9, 2005

Hearing from boat friends using Starlink for connection when they are at sea that they are suddenly getting messages from the company dropping their current levels of service and demanding subscriptions to higher priced plans that provide the same service they get today. Probably the only company Elmo can still drain money from to prop up his shitposting empire since Tesla prices are cratering just like his rockets. Sucks because it was a useful niche service for people but :capitalism:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

He’s so bad at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWVaDxMTBEU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

happyhippy posted:

Hey if I can plug in my drum pedals and my guitar with audio jacks then I don't see why I couldn't plug my cures blindness, deafness and depression brain chip with an audio jack.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Jacobus Spades posted:

On the other hand he's pretty gourd at this.

:dadjoke:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He’s so bad at this.

"attempts at trolling" :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I really appreciate this image because it resulted in a page of goons reacting like blue checks and getting mad at an obvious da share zone-like joke.