Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The grown up adults just getting clowned on by even the most basic questions from GMB

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/1653663981704192001?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:guillotine:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

smellmycheese posted:

The grown up adults just getting clowned on by even the most basic questions from GMB

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/1653663981704192001?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

I hate that it is even remotely acceptable for politicians (or anyone else) to make promises or pledges, and then just say 'circumstances changed' when it turns out they're full of poo poo.

Of course circumstances changed, you loving bellend, the world isn't static. The reason promises are important is because keeping them can be DIFFICULT and the whole loving point is that you're asking people to trust you to maintain them even when things DO change.

Cunts.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The Perfect Element posted:

I hate that it is even remotely acceptable for politicians (or anyone else) to make promises or pledges, and then just say 'circumstances changed' when it turns out they're full of poo poo.

Of course circumstances changed, you loving bellend, the world isn't static. The reason promises are important is because keeping them can be DIFFICULT and the whole loving point is that you're asking people to trust you to maintain them even when things DO change.

Cunts.

They're all this guy OP

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

I swear I hadn't heard of Rachel Reeves until Starmer made her shadow chancellor and she's one of the most deeply unlikeable people in a party of utter shites. It's frustrating that the only women who get to be front and centre in British politics and taken seriously are soulless husks. If Angela Raynor had a showing this dire she'd be the national story for the day, to say nothing of someone like Zarah Sultana, although in the latter case I don't think she'd let herself get flummoxed this easily.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

Cunts.

Yes so the wealthy, and the global multinationals and the energy companies have all got vastly wealthier since the pandemic and this is why it’s important Keith rolls back any attempt to hold them to account and tax them you see

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Keith still has his ten broken pledges on his website https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Keith still has his ten broken pledges on his website https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

He literally doesn’t give a poo poo. His entire platform is “the Tories have shot their loads and had their time in the trough. Time for some different snouts”

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

lol Reeves looks like she's auditioning for where in the world is Carmen Sandiego every single loving time

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1653677208957861889

:toot:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this has happened a few days before big ears' hat placing day thing

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

It's such bad spin.

we weren't lying, we just made a series of rash promises to win an election that assumed we'd inherit a perfect economy and no events outside our control would occur while we were in office.

how does stand up to a modicum of scrutiny.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

"We made those lies just so the lefty scum would vote for Keith. You didn't actually believe that we'd follow through with them? Hahahahahaha"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/chrisgiles_/status/1653678949736538112?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Hard cheese peasants

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

smellmycheese posted:

Would love to know which one of those circumstances means they cant support strikes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

That's bad. Cheddar is one of the few things my son likes.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

gently caress off. Plenty of quite broke (partially because they have a horse) working class people keep horses too. They're not just a posh thing.

Also, if I didn't have a horse I wouldn't be able to share pictures of cute little Apple to the discord.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

You see in order for the country to grow the magic pie it’s essential we are able to crack heads with truncheons more efficiently

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

A little bit of bread and no cheese.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Angrymog posted:

gently caress off. Plenty of quite broke (partially because they have a horse) working class people keep horses too. They're not just a posh thing.

Also, if I didn't have a horse I wouldn't be able to share pictures of cute little Apple to the discord.

I love apple and especially apple's adorable beard situation

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angrymog posted:

gently caress off. Plenty of quite broke (partially because they have a horse) working class people keep horses too.

It's called a workhorse, not a leisurehorse, after all!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

You see in order for the country to grow the magic pie it’s essential we are able to crack heads with truncheons more efficiently

All of the authoritarianism but none of the benefits.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
At least he makes the trains run on time has nice hair.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Skulker posted:

At least he makes the trains run on time has nice hair.

Eh, 5/10.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

tug-end hat

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*clears throat* Tom Tug-on-that

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Angrymog posted:

My wife and I have discussed and agreed acceptable levels of horse and you are definitely on the right side (black and white hairy horse) and not the wrong side (tall smooth brown posh horse).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

i didnt know horses can have beards

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

there are girl horses yeah

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Might go for a trot round my horse rink later.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I know quite a few horse people. All are broke (partially because of the horse). The steriotype only posh people own them is nonsense.

Sanford posted:

My wife and I have discussed and agreed acceptable levels of horse and you are definitely on the right side (black and white hairy horse) and not the wrong side (tall smooth brown posh horse).

What

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Deketh posted:

I love apple and especially apple's adorable beard situation

That horse's name is obviously Jebediah and it has just built its own barn with the community.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mega Comrade posted:

I know quite a few horse people. All are broke (partially because of the horse). The steriotype only posh people own them is nonsense.

What

Brown horses eat triangle sandwiches, I don't make the rules

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

That is a cute horse doing a very good Polly Toynbee face

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/barneyfarmer/status/1653693821778026496?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sanford posted:

Thank you, though little Apple is a bogoff foal that I helped feed last year. Mine is half way between hairy workhorse and smooth brown thing. (Irish draught X Friesian. She's impressive looking and very powerful. Occasionally that power gets used for good, but I've had a lot of flying lessons from her).

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

sebzilla posted:

Brown horses eat triangle sandwiches, I don't make the rules

Quite true. Insist you cut the crusts off and all.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Are Reeves and Starmer from the same place, or has time together made them sound so similar? It’s not just the accent (to my ear at least), it’s the nasal quality and cadence, it’s like they’re female and male versions of the same person.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lady Gaza posted:

Are Reeves and Starmer from the same place, or has time together made them sound so similar? It’s not just the accent (to my ear at least), it’s the nasal quality and cadence, it’s like they’re female and male versions of the same person.

The Smell of Reeves and Starmer

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/sairaibrahim/status/1653705222651248641?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Loads of horses go past my window when I’m working and the taller and posher the horse, the less likely the rider will look like they’re enjoying themself. There’s a couple go past once in a while on a pair of horses look like they’re worth more than my house, always got faces like bloody thunder. Just go home then! No one’s making you ride it!

Chap and his wife occasionally go past in a little scrap-built buggy thing, rattling and banging along pulled by two hairy little swamp horses, look like they’re having the time of their life every drat time. Posh horses/proper horses. You know.