Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nah that ain't true Thailand does it too

less institutionally transphobic too, albeit low bar to clear and they're not exactly soaring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction posted:

Nah that ain't true Thailand does it too

less institutionally transphobic too, albeit low bar to clear and they're not exactly soaring.

Big on kiddy fiddling though, so that matches up

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I see we're doing Horse Racism now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lady Gaza posted:

Are Reeves and Starmer from the same place, or has time together made them sound so similar? It’s not just the accent (to my ear at least), it’s the nasal quality and cadence, it’s like they’re female and male versions of the same person.

Yes, they are both from a small town in the south-east of England called Lundun. (Kieth was born in Southwark but grew up in Surrey, attending what was a grammar school that became a private school while he was there. Reeves grew up in Lewisham & Bromley)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

smellmycheese posted:

The Smell of Reeves and Starmer

Reeves and Starmers Big Shite Vote

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Last thread there was discussion about Birmingham and the world's largest Peacocks (I tried to convince my mum to go there but she refuses) with a floor dedicated to Greggs with a restaurant and even Greggs branded clothing. Well today I saw someone wearing a Greggs branded hoodie, though it was black and not the usual blue.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bessantj posted:

Last thread there was discussion about Birmingham and the world's largest Peacocks

Genuinely disappointing to learn that this is a store and we're not talking about the animals

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

BHLM.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

In cheese-accompanying news, Asda's lowest-priced Just Essentials pickled onions, which were for ages 40p a jar, a few weeks ago went up to 50p. Was in Asda yesterday, and guess how much they are now?

76p. It's a goddamned outrage. (Don't get me started on how much frozen chips have gone up too. My son prefers fries, but I stopped buying them because even the cheapest Asda ones are now like £2.55 a bag from about a quid, except the JE chips I switched to have also gone from 90-odd pence to £1.60.)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Steph's Packed Lunch is showing how to squat for more powerful making GBS threads, and then transitioned to a map of the UK to locate the best British farters*.

The British are pathologically obsessed with blasting in and out of their backsides.

(* North Lanarkshire>Wolverhampton>Glasgow)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Payndz posted:

In cheese-accompanying news, Asda's lowest-priced Just Essentials pickled onions, which were for ages 40p a jar, a few weeks ago went up to 50p. Was in Asda yesterday, and guess how much they are now?

76p. It's a goddamned outrage. (Don't get me started on how much frozen chips have gone up too. My son prefers fries, but I stopped buying them because even the cheapest Asda ones are now like £2.55 a bag from about a quid, except the JE chips I switched to have also gone from 90-odd pence to £1.60.)

It's everything. Chilli Heatwave Doritos went from £1 to £2.50. All the essentials range basic foods (tins, rice, bread, etc) are all up 50%+ as well.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Steph's Packed Lunch is showing how to squat for more powerful making GBS threads, and then transitioned to a map of the UK to locate the best British farters*.

The British are pathologically obsessed with blasting in and out of their backsides.

(* North Lanarkshire>Wolverhampton>Glasgow)

One time getting the train home from Brum and this group of footy supporters got on too and I paid them no mind even though they were loud as gently caress, but then the biggest lad, a man who was basically a spherical metre, ripped this incredibly loud blaster of a fart. Whatever, that was funny, I guess, but my God that smell. People were gagging, I definitely needed to hold my mouth to stop myself throwing up.

Never smelled anything that bad, even the bin lorries horrifying smell is better.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

, a man who was basically a spherical metre, ripped this incredibly loud blaster of a fart.

Lol'ing imagining a 3'4" incredibly fat oval office with rotting insides farting a whole jalfrezi into your sinuses

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It's because the riders of fancy horses are terrified that the horses will freak out and hurt themselves, whereas swamp ponies tend to be both steadier and smarter.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Excellent. It’s going to piss down all over his tawdry parade non stop.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hope it rains piss.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

smellmycheese posted:

Excellent. It’s going to piss down all over his tawdry parade non stop.

It's weird they are mentioning Camilla. Even amongst Royalists, who the gently caress cares about her?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

It's weird they are mentioning Camilla. Even amongst Royalists, who the gently caress cares about her?

Oh, there's been a real effort to promote her, presumably at Charles instigation.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mega Comrade posted:

That’s absolutely down to him. His plan was always to have Di executed and install Camilla as the rightful Queen. Hence why Harry is so pissed off

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Horse riders never pick up after their animals when they poo poo on public paths and for that reason I'm afraid it's :guillotine: all round.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

That brown gold my friend. Take it and use it in your garden.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Mega Comrade posted:

your garden.

:guillotine:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Angrymog posted:

It's because the riders of fancy horses are terrified that the horses will freak out and hurt themselves, whereas swamp ponies tend to be both steadier and smarter.

Poor Freckles

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Angrymog posted:

gently caress off. Plenty of quite broke (partially because they have a horse) working class people keep horses too. They're not just a posh thing.

I don't care about poshness, it's a diversion, like avocado consumption. I also don't care whether people are 'broke' after they've spent a lot of money on a horse. But it is really hard to acquire a horse without having some assets (like land) that lots of other people do not have.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The vast majority of people with horses do not own the stable they stay in.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

big scary monsters posted:

Horse riders never pick up after their animals when they poo poo on public paths and for that reason I'm afraid it's :guillotine: all round.

Horse riders shouldn't be making GBS threads on public paths in the first place :guillotine:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I imagine a medium sized non-fancy horse costs similar to buy and run to a three-year-old, midrange car but I've no idea really.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Oh dear me posted:

I don't care about poshness, it's a diversion, like avocado consumption. I also don't care whether people are 'broke' after they've spent a lot of money on a horse. But it is really hard to acquire a horse without having some assets (like land) that lots of other people do not have.

Not really, in my city there's loads of young fellas on horseback who don't have gently caress all to their names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19A53SyAUak

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mega Comrade posted:

The vast majority of people with horses do not own the stable they stay in.

The person I pay for my bit of field rents all the land she uses. If only there was common land to graze on

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Angrymog posted:

The person I pay for my bit of field rents all the land she uses. If only there was common land to graze on

There's the new forest!
You just need to be able to afford the ridiculous house prices there first.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
People look at my yacht and think I'm rich, but get real I don't even own the marina where it's parked.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I mean if you just let your horse roam free on the prairie street, it can graze on the grass verges and that wouldn't cost you anything at all?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

The fine the council send your way wouldn't be free though.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

People look at my yacht and think I'm rich, but get real I don't even own the marina where it's parked.

You could get a whole herd horses for the price of your Tesla and not one of them would spontaneously burst into flames.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

I mean if you just let your horse roam free on the prairie street, it can graze on the grass verges and that wouldn't cost you anything at all?

With the way food prices are going you may find your horse turned into meatballs.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

And. That. Is. A. Disgrace!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/desertrose1969/status/1653763058106261504

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Free market at work.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Darth Walrus posted:

Free market at work.

It's only 'free market' or 'freedom of speech' if it is to the advantage of right wingers.
This will be 'wokeness' and 'cancel culture'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is it just me being based in Scotland or have the local elections that happen tomorrow got even less coverage than usual? Granted, the only part I'm really interested in his the stories of people being turned away because they didn't know they need ID & how that ultimately impacts the turnout. Apparently 2019 was the last election for the councils being elected tomorrow & the turnout was 33.2% for Unitary Councils, 30.5% for Metropolitan Councils & 33.8% for District Councils. Could easily drop below 30%, because the people most likely to vote, the old, seem from the little I've seen, the least aware they need ID, & how many people can be hosed going to the polling station, be turned away, go home, then go back with ID? Seems a level of effort a lot of people will struggle with for locals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM0CZZ9Uw8

edit: really it's political correctness gone mad isn't it. can't even hang a golly in the pub these days

Convex fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 3, 2023