Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I do feel that way about Halloween irl though. why can’t they do it on demand, I’m never ready in October smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I just started D2 a couple days ago. The new player experience is... a thing. I played over 3k hours of WF, which is probably even more unfriendly, so nothing new. I got to guardian rank 6 today. The vendor weekly requirement was confusing and I still don't know how I completed them.

Is the legacy collection worth getting?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

smallmouth posted:

I just started D2 a couple days ago. The new player experience is... a thing. I played over 3k hours of WF, which is probably even more unfriendly, so nothing new. I got to guardian rank 6 today. The vendor weekly requirement was confusing and I still don't know how I completed them.

Each of the 3 rituals (vanguard, crucible, and gambit) has 2 weekly challenges. One of them you see the requirements for by hovering over any related activity node in the director. The Vanguard one requires you to run a particular subclass, the gambit and crucible ones just ask you to play at all. The rewards from this drop the instant you complete the last qualifying activity and you get a banner at the bottom of the screen, you will just see a larger loot dump than usual and one of those items is your pinnacle. The other one you see by hovering over the vendor themselves in the tower, and this one requires you to complete bounties from them. The rewards from this drop from completing and claiming the 8 bounties, then returning to the tower and talking to them

quote:

Most of its value is exotic weapons and endgame activities, so only if you decide you're really into the game and ready to stick with it for a while, making builds and doing organized team stuff

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
FOLKS,

https://twitter.com/s3pirion/status/1653451817441968128?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, you've been able to do that to servitors since forever but if you can do it to anything now...

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

smallmouth posted:

I'm honestly not even sure which player onboarding is more hosed up between Warframe and Destiny..
Probably the former, as no one I've had attempt to play destiny, quit out of frustration in the first 20 minutes.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Can't wait for Eva to become the Guardian that kicks the rear end of the Witness

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Can't wait for Amanda to become the Guardian that kicks the rear end of the Witness

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

:toot:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I'm honestly not even sure which player onboarding is more hosed up between Warframe and Destiny..
Probably the former, as no one I've had attempt to play destiny, quit out of frustration in the first 20 minutes.

Warframes is worse its so unclear where you should go and what you should do at any point.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Getting a 4.5/5 roll on the SMG and the Scout just for logging in is pretty nice, and I know this is a 'free' event, so no real complaints here but

I kinda feel they put a little TOO much effort into the Additional Cash-Only Items this event...

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I keep getting the scout rifle as a reward and most of the time it's master worked. Weird.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm pretty much done with this season until the finale. Got most of the good season pass rewards, not thrilled about doing Defiant Battlegrounds, but if I want to tool around with seasonal challenges or poke around the Guardian Games, I'm taking a hiatus.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
lol Steam went down right as i started the client, gg

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It Begins

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1653519973732564992?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Do it for Zavala!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

having fun but I wish the weekly Bright Dust bounties needed way fewer crests than they actually do lol (100 medals is fine tho)

magiccarpet posted:

I keep getting the scout rifle as a reward and most of the time it's master worked. Weird.

if you mean the ones for getting gold and platinum on either Supremacy scoring or Nightfall scoring that’s supposed to happen.

if you’re getting ‘em elsewhere, that’s pretty sick and might also have a reason behind it but I don’t know it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Necrobama posted:

Do it for Zavala!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol what the gently caress was Bungie thinking doing class v class? That’s why Titans are winning, nobody wants to match up against 6 titans so everyone is playing as a Titan lmfao.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

YES

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1653554567400017920

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Basic testing like “does the game give out rewards when you finish the task.” Is still too much effort for Bungie. :allears:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Well it worked last year, so,

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Necrobama posted:

Well it worked last year, so,

It's a new/different system. Last year we had Recreational but also a goofy alternating Training vs Competitive strike playlist every other day, but this year it's Recreational and Competitive.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My favorite thing so far is how crucible bounties work in supremacy but vanguard bounties don’t work in strikes (except, for whatever reason, kill 25 vex)

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

Basic testing like “does the game give out rewards when you finish the task.” Is still too much effort for Bungie. :allears:

No see, we're the testers.
We even routinely pay them for the privilege!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's an event-long Triumph to collect 50 crests

There's a weekly bounty to collect 300 crests

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Guardian Games has brought back all the definitely-totally-legits-good-job-policing-Bungie.

No, I'm sure the guy with three loving VAC bans who just went 60-3 was fine. I'm sure.

E: How the gently caress do you even GET three VAC bans without losing your account?

EE: Annoyed enough to decide to check on his 'Teammates' on Tracker... just casual >50KDs, nothing weird at all, just this magical circle of friends who are playing little league football but are all actually GOATs. The best one in their friend group has managed to die 3 times in his 500 kills!

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 3, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's also no mercy function in Supremacy, funny enough. I just had a game go 150 to 9, singles vs a full stack

I like Supremacy & it's nice to have the mode back, but they sorta bungled its return here

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
That and the “pick up the crest” noise is really annoying.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'M GETTIN' MY rear end KICKED!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Turning off Mercy and SBMM is so incredibly cruel and fun. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shockeh posted:

Guardian Games has brought back all the definitely-totally-legits-good-job-policing-Bungie.

No, I'm sure the guy with three loving VAC bans who just went 60-3 was fine. I'm sure.

E: How the gently caress do you even GET three VAC bans without losing your account?

EE: Annoyed enough to decide to check on his 'Teammates' on Tracker... just casual >50KDs, nothing weird at all, just this magical circle of friends who are playing little league football but are all actually GOATs. The best one in their friend group has managed to die 3 times in his 500 kills!

One of the factors in banning players in any online game is how much hard currency they spend. Maybe Sir VAC-ban-a-lot open his/her wallet a lot and the back end just lets them pass.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DancingShade posted:

One of the factors in banning players in any online game is how much hard currency they spend. Maybe Sir VAC-ban-a-lot open his/her wallet a lot and the back end just lets them pass.

Vac bans are on a per game basis and have nothing to do with how much money they spend.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I took a burn-out break mid-season. Will Avalon remain available throughout the rest of the year like Vox did last year? Or do I have to cram it all in within the next few weeks?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pioneer42 posted:

I took a burn-out break mid-season. Will Avalon remain available throughout the rest of the year like Vox did last year? Or do I have to cram it all in within the next few weeks?

It will remain available

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
The strike/NF GG playlist is fun, had a blast getting 192k casually with some pubbies. The PvP mode is fine, but gently caress that 300 crest weekly; I'm pretty mid at PVP and based on my first 3 games it's going to take around 15 more for me to get it done. The requirement should either A) be lower and/or B) should have the split language of "earn points by picking up fallen allied crests. Significant progress rewarded for picking up a fallen enemies crest" and/or C) crests should stay on the ground for everyone to pick up, except only the first grab impacts the game score.

I dig the weapon xp boost for activity completion. This rate should probably be the default, but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: and the new scout is sweet. Have always been a fan of lightweight frames, and this has some solid perk options. I got a MovingTarget/ZenMoment Hatchling/Explosive roll and am very happy. I've heard some scuttlebutt that Explosive and Gutshot have a neat interaction wherein the bodyshot damage is nearly equivalent to a precision hit, which sounds neat and perfect for a shitter like me :)

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 3, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

At the least, it will be around for the rest of the year, but with the planned exotic mission rotator, I think it might be around indefinitely.

Still a bit sad we aren't getting the exotic mission rotator until s22, and it's just gonna be Seraph/Vox/Presage at the start, cause I'm kind of more looking forward to seeing Zero Hour and Whisper again more. I wonder if they plan to refresh or adjust those to be more appropriate to the current sandbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Oxyclean posted:

At the least, it will be around for the rest of the year, but with the planned exotic mission rotator, I think it might be around indefinitely.

Still a bit sad we aren't getting the exotic mission rotator until s22, and it's just gonna be Seraph/Vox/Presage at the start, cause I'm kind of more looking forward to seeing Zero Hour and Whisper again more. I wonder if they plan to refresh or adjust those to be more appropriate to the current sandbox?

Same on all counts. I was just talking over this the other day with someone, what Whisper is going to be like with Eager Edge, Shatter/Wellskating, and Strand grapple. I can’t remember if there’s line-of-sight through the angled pillar room, and like the green room you can’t really gain altitude with the sword/skate, though grapple is a different beast entirely.

I was also saying whenever whisper or zero hour comes back I’m just going to spend a week doing nothing else, putting myself in a nostalgia coma. I hope they don’t gently caress it up too bad if they do make changes.