Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I'm still playing MLB the Show and my created character Jumbo Noodles will one day get a walk that's from something other then being HBP.

I've taken a walk!

My years old save file that I go back to now and again has a guy who is nearing 900 home runs and has about 20 walks in his career. I play on whatever the next step up is from the easiest difficulty. I'm not here for a challenge on that type of game, I'm here to chill and zone out and hit dingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not here for a challenge on that type of game, I'm here to chill and zone out and hit dingers.

Yeah same. That’s why SMB3 really occupies a big slot in my sports gaming since I got it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well now what the heck

https://twitter.com/PSquaredPreston/status/1653588579409436673?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ewing Theory is now Ohtani Theory for baseball.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ether Frenzy posted:

Tony LaRussa Baseball on the Sega Genesis

I was very sure you had misremembered this name, but nope, there was also a Tommy Lasorda baseball game, which I had.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

a sexual elk posted:

I loved Pilotwings on the SNES but what was up with that last helicopter level??

Yep, I remember being stuck on that drat level for weeks when I was a kid. Controls completely different, nothing to do with what you just spent all game doing, and the standard equipment Nintendo difficulty.

Good thing the JSDF doesn't have a fixed wing aircraft carrier, could you imagine flying a jet with those janky controls?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

dirty shrimp money posted:

Good thing the JSDF doesn't have a fixed wing aircraft carrier, could you imagine flying a jet with those janky controls?

Nobody look at the Izumo-class “helicopter destroyers” :ninja:

For those who don’t follow the Cold War/Air Power thread or other events, they’re carriers in everything but name, but they’re being retrofitted to support F-35s and will actually start being called carriers.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 3, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Recently I realized our modem and wireless router acting as an access point didn't get upgraded when I swapped out our router a few years ago, so I bit the bullet and got the newest surfboard and Asus mesh router system to replace them. Speedtest.net before and after showed our wired speed doubled and wireless is 5x-6x faster than it was before :doh:

The good news is everything except our cell phones and Switches are wired, so we haven't been losing out on streaming quality or anything. Feel like an idiot for not looking into those when I bumped up our internet speed a year or so ago, but better late than never I suppose

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

I hope the new avatar can top the old one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

dune 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I might have to go see Dune 2 in the theater. I watched Dune 1 at home only, and I'm kind of hyped up for this one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My Dune 1 movie experience was completely hosed by the bar next door hosting some loving lovely fart rock band that played incredibly loud.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Looks awesome

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

My neighbors are hardcore Conspicuous Consumers and are always having work done on their tiny little yard in our little suburbia which is maddening. Right now they are having all their grass ripped out and replaced with synthetic turf. This has been a 3+ day project. Nonstop tamping and gravel and sawing. This after a two week hardscaping project, multiple drainage revisions, sheet rocking and mancaving their garage, a trash dumping incident after they had their two year old bathrooms remodeled (this place is basically all new construction).

This is the same house that has landscapers roll in 6 deep weekly with zero turn mowers for like 100 square feet of grass. Just 45min of cacophonous two-stroke horse poo poo. It takes me less time to do 5x as much grass and edging by myself.

I’m glad I’m not on nightshift anymore—I probably would have burned their house down by now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

Right now they are having all their grass ripped out and replaced with synthetic turf.

What the gently caress

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

What the gently caress

I wish I were kidding. To be fair it’s not much because they’ve basically hardscaped almost everything in the back (days of loving pavers being cut with dust all over everything :negative:).

But still. The amount of money they’ve dumped into home improvements is loving nuts and I can’t imagine they aren’t leveraged to the tits.

Nice people, but I’d like to sit on my loving porch without constant horseshit going on outside.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I should talk to my neighbors about fixing/repairing the fence between our lots that got damaged by high winds earlier this year.

It's some cheap Home Depot friendly-neighbor slat job and 9/10 times the actual posts aren't buried as deep as I'd like. Also the trunnions are totally garbage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Any idea on how much it costs to fence in an average sized backyard? I know composition and size makes all the difference, but I don't know if its on the order of like 1-3k or 10k. Also, I found a house that we both aboslutely love and would buy tomorrow if we could, but its still a bit early on in that process and I am going to be sad if/when it sells before we are ready to make an offer. Its on the side of a mountain with an amazing view of a lake, with deeded lake access. The house itself is kind of meh, just a boring standard issue house, but being by the lake and having a nice yard checks our boxes. I could also do a lot of work on it to make it more fun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

swickles posted:

Any idea on how much it costs to fence in an average sized backyard? I know composition and size makes all the difference, but I don't know if its on the order of like 1-3k or 10k. Also, I found a house that we both aboslutely love and would buy tomorrow if we could, but its still a bit early on in that process and I am going to be sad if/when it sells before we are ready to make an offer. Its on the side of a mountain with an amazing view of a lake, with deeded lake access. The house itself is kind of meh, just a boring standard issue house, but being by the lake and having a nice yard checks our boxes. I could also do a lot of work on it to make it more fun.

I'd say if you're having it installed by professionals it's going to be on the higher end of your listed numbers. But that's for a decent fence and not a like a chain link fence.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hot Diggity! posted:

A new Super Mega Baseball comes out in June :)

SMB owns so hard; I just got back into 3 a few weeks ago. The real life legends that they're marketing the game on wasn't really on my wish list for the franchise, but since they're optional in pretty much all game modes then why not. They'd just better include Bronson Arroyo, one of the most SMB irl players of all time.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

This is the same house that has landscapers roll in 6 deep weekly with zero turn mowers for like 100 square feet of grass. Just 45min of cacophonous two-stroke horse poo poo. It takes me less time to do 5x as much grass and edging by myself.

All of my neighbors are p chill - no one really bothers anyone and things are quiet. My caddy corner back neighbor has a lawn crew come and i swear they have 2 blowers working for 45 minutes straight just in the backyard. Every week. I have no idea how or why and it happens weekly, year round. It's my one consistent annoyance that is v minor and I can't figure out what they are doing and why.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I propose a nationwide ban on two stroke engines. Maybe even all gas powered lawn equipment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

I propose a nationwide ban on two stroke engines. Maybe even all gas powered lawn equipment.

That would probably be as harmful for the Dems electorally as Dobbs has been for the Republicans. Don't underestimate the value of The Lawn in the heart of the suburban voter.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

My wife doesn't have a terrible time sleeping during the day now that we're more isolated from neighbors, but it is like clockwork on Saturday mornings that the two other houses on the cul-de-sac fire up their leaf blowers and go for about two hours shortly after first light.

Our old house in dense suburbia was real bad. All the bedrooms had windows on the front of the house, and our neighbor across the street was a retired guy who would literally sit in his driveway and wait for any debris to fall in his yard to then immediately fire up the leaf blower and clear it out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

How quickly we forget the Gas Stove era of our Forever Culture War.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

How about we just limit it to like 2 hours every 2 weeks and between the hours of 10am and 7 pm.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LeeMajors posted:

I was happy with my old plug-in electric mowers but my last one finally died and for some reason I'm not keen on getting a battery-powered one. I am in the Milwaukie ecosystem in terms of hand tools so I could've picked up one of their mowers, by my friend sold me their never-used Honda gas mower for almost half retail price.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aren't two strokes insanely polluting, like driving your car for a year pollutes less than an hour with a leaf blower?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Battery equipment is great for home owners who have small lots but it sucks for anything else.

But yes, 2 strokes should be banned.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

Aren't two strokes insanely polluting, like driving your car for a year pollutes less than an hour with a leaf blower?

Yup they’re absolutely awful

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

2-strokes are absolutely awful for the environment so I support this. I think CA already banned sales of new ones.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

When this prairie grass grows out in the backyard I’m seriously considering just buying a scythe and going to town. It’s like 15’x15’, how hard could it be?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Android Apocalypse posted:

I was happy with my old plug-in electric mowers but my last one finally died and for some reason I'm not keen on getting a battery-powered one. I am in the Milwaukie ecosystem in terms of hand tools so I could've picked up one of their mowers, by my friend sold me their never-used Honda gas mower for almost half retail price.

I love my Honda mower but really want to get the DeWalt battery mower but I can't justify it. I've got everything else on battery and it's great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Freaquency posted:

2-strokes are absolutely awful for the environment so I support this. I think CA already banned sales of new ones.

Isn't CA set to ban leafblowers of any design soon too?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Good thing my riding mower has a 4-cycle motor :smug:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Air Skwirl posted:

yes. in addition to burning gas you're also burning oil. absolutely awful and unnecessary for most applications.

edit: i'm using greenworks pro 60v for my electric lawn equipment and it's fine for my quarter acre lot. i could see needing extra batteries if i was dealing with something larger.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I am insanely allergic to 2 stroke exhaust, no kind of dander or pollen comes close.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

A 5 amp-hour Makita battery will power a leaf blower for about 400 feet of driveway clearing, which is data we have confirmed multiple times clearing our 450 feet of driveway.

Also I bought a bunch of stuff to really do a "horny for my car" level of washing and waxing this weekend to now look at the forecast and see it's probably going to piss rain for both Saturday and Sunday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Just get a push reel mower that takes no gas or electricity. Ok, I also have a battery powered weed whacker to get the edges, that's a little hard to do manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

California already banned 2-strokes ages ago, there's plenty still around grandfathered in because they only banned sales not ownership of. Presumably when they actually start to get scarce people will just buy them out of state.

leafblowers are loving stupid, just use a rake goddamnit

electric works fine, batteries are getting better and better and it's actually not that difficult to drag around an extension cord if you really need one, like it's a hassle sure but you know what's a bigger hassle? constant hurricanes and desertification and the collapse of global ecosystems

I also don't understand what posesses people to use leaf blowers when its wet out, happens all the time and I'm like what are you doing, it's not even working, why do you keep doing this