Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
You know who doesn't do long videos

video game dunkey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML37hWDdfRs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

nine-gear crow posted:

Which dumbfuck admin thought you were somehow mod material? :confused:

E: Oh you mod PYF, so your inevitable mod meltdown is going to be legendary :munch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyTipBayj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axHoy0hnQy8

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Which dumbfuck admin thought you were somehow mod material? :confused:

E: Oh you mod PYF, so your inevitable mod meltdown is going to be legendary :munch:

lol

Just quoting this to see if we get the meltdown we need but not deserve

Sydin posted:

I mean, it's a lot harder to hide it if your game is trying to do modern media analysis like Mauler. A huge part of the conservative identity is being vehemently outraged by certain aspects of modern pop culture. A speedrunner meanwhile can just talk about their game and the tech and all that and neatly avoid discussing anything with a political component attached to it. JonTron is another example: the only reason he's persona non grata in a lot of circles is because he inexplicably decided to out himself as a racist on twitter and then try to double down on it in a Destiny debate. If he'd never spoken up about his views and just stayed the funny retro video game review guy he'd probably have few if any detractors.

Depressingly, hasn't JonTron kind of bounced back since that debate debacle? Also the Destiny debate was obviously worse but I'm getting more schaudenfreude from this lol:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

who wants to watch a 7 and a half hour vid on Hey Arnold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRn2t6hvadE

Ariong posted:

Honestly I really don't feel the need to do that at all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pachylad posted:

Depressingly, hasn't JonTron kind of bounced back since that debate debacle? Also the Destiny debate was obviously worse but I'm getting more schaudenfreude from this lol:

Yeah, JonTron and also ProJared both have kinda just wandered back into their old routines.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Impossible, I have it on good authority that those men's lives were destroyed by cancel culture, their empire burned to the ground and the earth salted.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jontron is a mixed race child of immigrants which makes it funnier and sadder lol

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Kamrat posted:

Captain Disillusion released a new video and it's only 16 minutes long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6tbG6b6xRg

Man I missed these.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Captain D is the master, look at that fuckin video length

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

8one6 posted:

Man I missed these.

Yeah I wish he released videos more often but his youtube channel is probably not his main focus and his visual effects takes a lot of effort, but it's always a treat when he releases a video, especially the debunking ones. :)

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jontron is a mixed race child of immigrants which makes it funnier and sadder lol

Iranian as well! Which might have made the conversations at home way more awkward around 6 years ago.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I may be misinformed, but Projareds case was at least not as bad as it at first looked?

Then again I never even watched a Projared video in the first place.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KingKalamari posted:

I don't think long videos are inherently bad, but they need to have enough substance to justify their length. I don't really feel like Quinton's videos have that content.

Also a bit late to the reply, but the reason MauLer and his idiot friends' podcast is called "EFAPs" is because it's an acronym of "Every Frame a Pause", a take off on the much better YouTube film analysis series "Every Frame a Painting" and also a "hilarious" and "self aware" joke about how they only watch a few seconds of any given video before pausing and babbling amongst themselves. That's the thing that really gets me about MauLer and his cronies' is that they respond to videos in 5-6 second chunks without having watched them first and don't seem to understand why that's a terrible way to engage with videos. Media analysis via Dunning-Krueger.

I also remember when the Twiter thread of Jenny discovering their 11 hour stream responding to her video a bunch of their fans kept responding to people pointing out how ridiculous that length was with "Ummm, Ackshually it's a PODCAST!" as though podcast episodes are normally almost half a day long?

I feel like the best rebuttal to mauler and his cronies is “lol, he had a 12-hour fit over a loving YouTube video, what a loser-rear end bitch.”

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kunster posted:

Iranian as well! Which might have made the conversations at home way more awkward around 6 years ago.

the funniest part of the whole controversy online was when people tried to argue that his last name "Aryan" was a stage name and we should have known all along.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

DeafNote posted:

I may be misinformed, but Projareds case was at least not as bad as it at first looked?

Then again I never even watched a Projared video in the first place.

I only sorta skimmed the ~controversy~ when it came out, but unless there was another installment that I missed, yeah, pretty much. There was a *lot* to unpack from the stuff that was leaked, but once you did it didn't amount to much more than "ProJared is the divorcedest man alive"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

despite all his responses didn't projared still ultimately expose himself to kids

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont remember the specifics but projared encouraged a lot of sleazy behavior about himself and may have exposed himself to underaged fans because apparently he was exposing himself to multiple fans

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Kamrat posted:

I enjoyed this orangutan debunking video. I'm glad justice was served to Rajang's memory.

Ordinary Sausage has been committing many crimes against wieners lately. He made a metamucil sausage a couple weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdl0NyPaUN8

He's also been reviewing Chicago hot dog places in case anyone wants a tier list of that for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQ_pmL8mSM

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

my girlfriend got to tell the owner of my favorite hotdog/beef joint that he was youtube famous because of Ordinary Sausage and he was so excited :kimchi:

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Kamrat posted:

Bookmarking this so I can watch it later- tbh I didn't even think Disillusion was still doing youtube, last I checked he stopped doing debunkings at all because every one he did just popped back up on TikTok or something.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Brian and his luscious hair sings about a gold finch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtZ7GFV9ys

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Glad to see him get that bag on Patreon, but personally bummed that BDG isn't really doing the kind of videos he used to do at Polygon.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean nobody from Polygon is making the videos they used to make anymore, except for Overboard

the Facebook Video crash pretty much squashed them

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

He seems to have gone pretty hard on the musical videos since he left. While I didn't expect him to keep doing video games or unraveled style, i do prefer stuff like the "earn 20k a month and be your own boss" and other...I wouldn't even call them "long form" videos since they're usually not that long.

I want him to talk at the camera and say weird things.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I just hope he's having a good time making these.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Garrand posted:

He seems to have gone pretty hard on the musical videos since he left. While I didn't expect him to keep doing video games or unraveled style, i do prefer stuff like the "earn 20k a month and be your own boss" and other...I wouldn't even call them "long form" videos since they're usually not that long.

I think the issue is that those projects took a lot of time and research, and a few of them required a budget too.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
There was something magical about that period of time where people were getting paid to essentially goof off in video game themed ways on camera. You can't recapture that magic even by choice.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Garrand posted:

i think all that energy is concentrated into the pitches they've been doing in hollywood as writers. but with the writer's strike going on, brian and karen might refocus on the channel again

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm not really into musical stuff and song parodies and whatnot so I haven't been following the bulk of bdg's post-polygon work, but the stuff I have watched (that fiction horror short with the camcorder dad and that nonfiction horror long with the united states healthcare provider system) have been pretty solid

e: he's also in like, a quiz/improv/d&d/whatever online show, right? i get clips from that in YT shorts from time to time

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 3, 2023

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angryhead posted:

Glad to see him get that bag on Patreon, but personally bummed that BDG isn't really doing the kind of videos he used to do at Polygon.

Yeah, they can be funny but they definitely aren't as good as what he has done in the past.

Also monthly reminder that everyone should be subscribed to Jenny's Patreon because her latest Ramble is about the most recent Easter musical from that weird church.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Illuminaughtii drama update, if anyone is interested

This dude released his response video

https://twitter.com/NotTheClick/status/1650094674407768064
That whole, "he let's pedo's hang out in his discord and took hours to respond when we brought it up to him," turns out it all happened at 2am on his side of the world, so he was literally asleep when the issue was brought up to him. Said pedo was promptly banned and Illuminaugtii responds to this by paying people in her discord to dig up dirt on him :tinfoil: and then it turns out Illuminaughtii's been using alt accounts to harass him after he left their collab group and he has the screenshots to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KaXJkerAA

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 4, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

This dude released his response video

https://twitter.com/NotTheClick/status/1650094674407768064
That whole, "he let's pedo's hang out in his discord and took hours to respond when we brought it up to him," turns out it all happened at 2am on his side of the world, so he was literally asleep when the issue was brought up to him. Said pedo was promptly banned and Illuminaugtii responds to this by paying people in her discord to dig up dirt on him :tinfoil: and then it turns out Illuminaughtii's been using alt accounts to harass him after he left their collab group and he has the screenshots to prove it.

Hahaha, no loving way.
Are we in for reallybadideafuckitpostanyway.mp4 V2?

ETA: holy poo poo, just getting to the honey trap queen part. Having discussions with her sock puppet on reddit, stirring rumors, wow!

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 4, 2023

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

muscles like this! posted:

Also monthly reminder that everyone should be subscribed to Jenny's Patreon because her latest Ramble is about the most recent Easter musical from that weird church.

I feel like Patreon videos are almost all she puts out these days.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/Pachylad/status/1645103655174144002

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy Landfill posted:

lmao absolutely bonkers behaviour

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Ghostlight posted:

lmao absolutely bonkers behaviour

The comparisons to Creepshow Art suddenly make sense. Just makes the whole inciting incident even more baffling

Edit: r/illuminaughtii seems to have been nuked, as well. I looked in there yesterday and it was full of fans not really buying her response.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 4, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Are you telling me all these could be avoided if she didn't try to accuse a lawyer of plagiarising paper tear graphics

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ken Burns should totally sue for plagiarism every mofo who ever narrated a video while panning on a still photo.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Are you telling me all these could be avoided if she didn't try to accuse a lawyer of plagiarising paper tear graphics

The wildest part is that she's kinda sufficiently addressed the whole LegalEagle drama angle... and I think it's fair to say for 90% of us who associated her with that initial taint could not have seen what that 'apology' would have segued into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I'm still hung up on the part where she entered into a contract with a nearly homeless collaborator to get him a brand loving new BMW. Instead of, I don't know, some kind of affordable beater.

Like, what? It's like something right out of the Bad With Money thread. Some have said it was a manipulation tactic, but all the same, loving weird.

Bad with money
Bad with life
Bad with YouTube