Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
There must be something in the air with sleep talk. My daughter turned 3 a few weeks ago and has always been an amazing sleeper... Until like last Friday she had a nightmare or something, woke up screaming and opened her door to get to our room - that's the first time she'd ever done that.

Ever since then she won't go to sleep without me or my wife laying with her (we recently put a queen bed in there, but until now she's been in a toddler bed, still in there). And then she'll wake up in the night and demand to come sleep with us. Bleh. Where did my good sleeper go? Hopefully just a phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Our four year old is terrible at sleeping in his bed--terrible at sleeping in general, actually. It's been something of a battle with him for two years now. Tried everything except drugs.

Recently I had the idea of putting our two year old in bed with him and seeing if having them together would help them both fall asleep--somehow. At first it worked, but he'd still get scared and lonely and ultimately leave. Something clicked for him this week though and he realized he can be a silly poo poo in bed now until he falls asleep from exhaustion. We're going on three days of him actually falling asleep in his own bed in a row. The kids will be sharing a room together soon anyways, so as long as they're good with this arrangement I don't mind continuing it. I put the two year old in her own bed after they both fall asleep, of course.

I'm convinced that sleep hygiene is something of a negotiation. Sleep training is the obvious answer, and it can work when they're younger and still in a crib, but if something breaks their sleeping habits--at some point you just figure out something that kind of works for everyone and survive on it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My boy is on a poop schedule, 8:20 every night but only after he gets put down for bed. That really conflicts with the 8:00pm bed time I wish he would poop in a potty like a big boy. He has come to expect the 8:30pm-9:00pm checkup.

My boy has been singing himself to sleep. He likes to go "sleepy eyes, sleepy eyes, sleeeeeepy eyes.... Wiggle wiggle wiggle pop wiggle wiggle wiggle pop, sleepy eyes..." And repeat that pattern for a solid half hour. He made is own song too, "she she sha sha sha, she she sha sha sha, she shee sha sha sha" and he will sing that for an hour.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

My kid (2.5) is in a horrible regression where we have to watch him fall asleep. He demands we sit in the chair in his room.

If he wakes up and notices the chair is empty - we gotta come back. If this happens 3-4 times in a night I typically just sleep on a mattress on the floor. He still wakes up and gets pissed about the empty chair because he doesn’t even look at the floor. Then I wave to him and he pops back down.

I’m tempted to just remove the chair from the room. We have a friend who is a sleep consultant and said she would come over and help:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

External Organs posted:

There must be something in the air with sleep talk. My daughter turned 3 a few weeks ago and has always been an amazing sleeper... Until like last Friday she had a nightmare or something, woke up screaming and opened her door to get to our room - that's the first time she'd ever done that.

Ever since then she won't go to sleep without me or my wife laying with her (we recently put a queen bed in there, but until now she's been in a toddler bed, still in there). And then she'll wake up in the night and demand to come sleep with us. Bleh. Where did my good sleeper go? Hopefully just a phase.

It's funny, I remember that dream vividly for myself, and the resulting regression in sleep. I was at the point where I was sleeping on my own in my room and the hall light was no longer on, just a nightlight. It felt like a major Big Boy transition.

Anyhow, I had a dream that I woke up from a dream (meta, I know) and was scared so my mom came in and soothed me, then she took out a vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming "bad dream dust" out of my bed. Something malfunctioned on the vacuum cleaner and the concentrated dust drifted into the attached sleeping porch--a second-storey porch which had been enclosed for additional sleeping quarters decades before and which was the source of much childhood terror.

Well, seconds after that a woman pops out of the sleeping porch door with what I can only describe as half a face with an exposed skull among the strings of decayed flesh and hair.

So that uh, set me back a bit

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Regarding previous conversation about kids being experts at absolutely crushing your soul. lmaoooo

https://twitter.com/CoreyRForrester/status/1653439794846769153?s=20

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

My oldest is almost 8 and we still occasionally have a bedtime meltdown. Our youngest has been the perfect sleeper since she was about a month old. You just lay her down and she goes to sleep. She's 3 now and a few months ago decided she absolutely has to sleep on the floor by the window and not her bed. This is a hardwood floor and I would go in there after she fell asleep and move her to her bed and she would just wake up a little while later and go back to the floor. We eventually gave up and put a super thick piece of carpet down with some padding under it and it's comfortable now. She insists we put her to bed in her actual bed but without fail she goes and sleeps on the floor. It's bizarre but seems to be a permanent thing she does now. Little weirdo.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Day 2 of weaning our almost 5yo son off of sucking his thumb. He's doing surprisingly well with it. We thought he'd have a terrible meltdown at some point, but he's only had some slight whining about it and saying he "misses his thumb." He's being rewarded daily for the first week, but we'll taper that down. And his pediatrician said he'll get to pick a toy out of their prize closet if he's no longer sucking his thumb at his 5-year checkup in a couple weeks.

It's serendipitously coincided with a wart we're trying to remove from the same thumb, but I'm guessing this method would work for anyone in the same boat regardless of wart removal purposes. We wrap his thumb with medical tape after applying the wart remover to the wart, which prevents him from being able to suck his thumb since the tape tastes bad / feels bad in his mouth. It also ensures he doesn't ingest liquid wart remover.

The real test will be to see if he stays off the thumb, or his old habits kick in when we finally stop using the tape.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 2, 2023

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

D-Pad posted:

My oldest is almost 8 and we still occasionally have a bedtime meltdown. Our youngest has been the perfect sleeper since she was about a month old. You just lay her down and she goes to sleep. She's 3 now and a few months ago decided she absolutely has to sleep on the floor by the window and not her bed. This is a hardwood floor and I would go in there after she fell asleep and move her to her bed and she would just wake up a little while later and go back to the floor. We eventually gave up and put a super thick piece of carpet down with some padding under it and it's comfortable now. She insists we put her to bed in her actual bed but without fail she goes and sleeps on the floor. It's bizarre but seems to be a permanent thing she does now. Little weirdo.

My 2.5 year old likes sleeping on the floor as well. She'll bring her blankets and pillows to the floor and fall asleep. I'll usually put her in her bed unless she's really wrapped up in her blankets. Then I just leave her be. She's gonna wake up and come into our room for the rest of the night anyway.

I prefer her just coming into our room so I don't have to get out of bed. It's done wonders for my sleep.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

last night i was putting down my three year old and telling him stories, which he likes to tell back and contribute to, and he said this. "mommy goes into the bathroom to get a new tooth, theres a big closet in there, there's a lot of teeth in it, and mommy and daddy go in there to put in new teeth". what a horrifying image lol, where does he get this poo poo!!!

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

cailleask posted:

Re: sleep training, you also don’t have to do it if it doesn’t feel like it’s working for you. Your kids will still eventually sleep fine on their own if you decide to delay until they’re older.

Ferber or other sleep training is NOT a required part of child rearing. It can be effective and work for families, but like it’s also fine if it’s not for you or your kids.

Quoting again because it’s truth.

I never sleep trained because I straight up never wanted to, for a variety of reasons. Bedtime routine is rocking my almost 2yo to sleep while 4yo watches a show downstairs, then bringing 4yo up, telling her a story, and sitting with her until she falls asleep. It takes over an hour, much longer on a bad day, but it’s not going to be like this forever, and having time with my kids while they are awake but also quiet is nice.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
My kid is having an epic melt down because dinner is in five minutes instead of now

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Benagain posted:

My kid is having an epic melt down because dinner is in five minutes instead of now

Checks out.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

We tried sleep training when our kid was about 10 months and couldn’t stand the cry-vomiting. So now bedtime is like a two and a half hour ritual bath-stories-snuggling and singing songs and listening to my daughter process whatever she’s thinking about (it’s books. It’s always books).

We’re going to have to figure it out this summer because when newborn comes along this fall it’s not going to be workable and I don’t want the older one to resent the new one any more than she will already.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Daycare: “Your son is SO tired and his throat hurts and he has a fever!”

30 minutes later: Son is running down the street to the convenience store to pick out all the snacks he wants to eat. Also no fever.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"Go upstairs."
"You wanna go upstairs?"
"No."
"You... said you wanted to go upstairs."
"Go downstairs."
"We are downstairs."
"No."
"Yup."
"Go outside."
"It's raining."
"No, no rain."
"Afraid so."
"Go upstairs."
"So, upstairs, then?"
"No."

cailleask
May 6, 2007

I coslept my biggest until she was about 3, then we transitioned her gradually to her own bed. It went in fits and starts, but she’s almost 9 now and bedtime looks like a 10–15 minute snuggle in my bed where she downloads her day to me and asks all the important burning questions. Then she gets a hug and goes to read in her bed for a little bit before sleep. We never did sleep training, just gradual adjustments to the nighttime routine as we needed to for our lives and sanity.

I treasure those evening connection times because she shares all kinds of things about what she’s feeling and experiencing that I would never get otherwise. Now that we’re approaching tween/teen years, I think it’ll be critical for us.

Would she like to sleep in my bed sometimes? Sure. Does she sleep in her own bed with her own straightforward and short bedtime, 99% of the time? Yeah. So - it’ll get better, no matter what you do with your little ones and how bad it is right now. You can always change course when something stops working for you all and try sometime in else.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I went into the kitchen to get water for my 2yo and I definitely just heard a bowl fall and a scattering of something dry-sounding. Cereal, pretzels, who knows.

Only thing is I don't remember giving him a bowl of anything. I'm excited to go back in there and discover what it was!

Thirty seconds can change everything.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Oh yeah I also should say I sleep trained when my kid was an infant and have no regrets but I still ended up laying down with her to help her go to sleep since she was a toddler and in a twin bed and I still rocked her to sleep when she was sick, etc.

I think a lot of times with kids you do what works until it doesn't anymore and then you try something new. Sleep training was a total game changer for us, but if she was crying until she was gonna puke I probably would have tried something else too.

For us the training was less about bedtime rocking and more about her constantly waking up and wanting to be sleeping in my arms. I totally get why people cosleep and I know a lot of amazing parents who chose to do that but it wasn't something I wanted to do until after 12 months so we made other things work.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Brawnfire posted:

"Go upstairs."
"You wanna go upstairs?"
"No."
"You... said you wanted to go upstairs."
"Go downstairs."
"We are downstairs."
"No."
"Yup."
"Go outside."
"It's raining."
"No, no rain."
"Afraid so."
"Go upstairs."
"So, upstairs, then?"
"No."

“I wanna go outside.”
“Ok cool me too let’s put our shoes on and go for a walk.”
“No shoes, go outside.”
“We gotta put our shoes on to go outside.”
“No shoes!!!”
“Ok fine I don’t care if your feet get dirty, let’s go outside.”
“I need shoes”
“Alright let’s put them on”
“No shoes!!!!”
“Ok I’m going outside, are you coming with me?”
“I wanna go inside”

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

cailleask posted:

I coslept my biggest until she was about 3, then we transitioned her gradually to her own bed. It went in fits and starts, but she’s almost 9 now and bedtime looks like a 10–15 minute snuggle in my bed where she downloads her day to me and asks all the important burning questions. Then she gets a hug and goes to read in her bed for a little bit before sleep. We never did sleep training, just gradual adjustments to the nighttime routine as we needed to for our lives and sanity.

I treasure those evening connection times because she shares all kinds of things about what she’s feeling and experiencing that I would never get otherwise. Now that we’re approaching tween/teen years, I think it’ll be critical for us.

Would she like to sleep in my bed sometimes? Sure. Does she sleep in her own bed with her own straightforward and short bedtime, 99% of the time? Yeah. So - it’ll get better, no matter what you do with your little ones and how bad it is right now. You can always change course when something stops working for you all and try sometime in else.

It's great to hear this. We cosleep and my kid is almost 2. Is it hard sometimes, yes, but is it really nice many times, also yes. I like this connection with my kid. Right now I nurse her down to sleep. On bad days it might take an hour but on most days it's like 10-20 minutes and her sleep has gotten remarkably better in the past month or so.

My parents were an unavailable closed door to me as a kid. I couldn't even knock or call out for them at night. I don't want it to be like that at all for my kid

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

hallo spacedog posted:

My parents were an unavailable closed door to me as a kid. I couldn't even knock or call out for them at night.

Our house isn't like that at all... but drat it sure sounds nice.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

davebo posted:

Our house isn't like that at all... but drat it sure sounds nice.

I know you're joking but it's really hosed me up

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
We’ve seen our 14 month old’s sleep gradually improve without training too. First he needed to be nursed to sleep and be in constant contact. Later he could be set down after falling asleep, but never moved more than a few inches beyond that. At around 7 or 8 months we were able to transfer him into the crib after being nursed to sleep, massively improving our peace of mind and freedom. Now, I can reliably get him to nap in the afternoon with no nursing, transfer him to the crib, and enjoy a solid two hours while he sleeps.

At night we continue to bed share, as this is the arrangement that emerged naturally when he was born (the carefully prepared bassinet in our room saw very little use). This works quite well as my wife can nurse him to sleep and help him if he wakes up without even getting out of bed. Looking back, I was really interested in sleep training but I think we’ve got a system that works without it. A big family bed certainly wasn’t what I imagined or grew up with, but it’s turned out to be really nice. I guess we’ll continue to adapt as the situation changes. I would like to see him sleeping in his own room before he’s three since we’re probably going to try for another.

Anyhow, this is just another story to confirm that sleep does tend to evolve and improve on its own. The ability to eschew sleep training does seem like a privilege though, in our house it works because we have a combined total of 18 months of paid leave, work from home most days, and nobody has any health problems or sleep issues that would affect the safety of our arrangement.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Brawnfire posted:

Parenting Thread: Thirty seconds can change everything.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

My 20 month old is wearing me the gently caress out the last two days.

Everything has been a fight with her.

This morning she cried for mom at breakfast, threw her bowl of oatmeal, repeatedly hit and kicked at me, fought putting on clothes, cried the whole way to daycare, etc, etc. She wants to do everything "all by myself" then a split second "need help!" and then back to being mad at me if I try to help. Its exhausting and I really hope I get a reprieve tonight.

It doesnt help that work has been super busy and stressing me out either. Im nearing the end of my rope already this week.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Toddler leash… a yay or nay? I am morally opposed to the idea but my son is very willful and I want to be able to walk with him outside. Or any other tips for getting a toddler to hold hands while outside are welcome :)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I, too, am morally opposed to leash. I have softened on backpacks or jackets that have a long strap. I've not implemented toddler leash out in the wild, but wife has and reports it as "fine, no biggie"

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

My 20 month old is wearing me the gently caress out the last two days.

Everything has been a fight with her.

This morning she cried for mom at breakfast, threw her bowl of oatmeal, repeatedly hit and kicked at me, fought putting on clothes, cried the whole way to daycare, etc, etc. She wants to do everything "all by myself" then a split second "need help!" and then back to being mad at me if I try to help. Its exhausting and I really hope I get a reprieve tonight.

It doesnt help that work has been super busy and stressing me out either. Im nearing the end of my rope already this week.

I feel like this could have been posted from my account. It's absolutely exhausting and I feel you. I hope your week lightens up.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

remigious posted:

Toddler leash… a yay or nay? I am morally opposed to the idea but my son is very willful and I want to be able to walk with him outside. Or any other tips for getting a toddler to hold hands while outside are welcome :)

Absolute yay. I had one as a kid when we went to busy places like malls because my mom knew how easy it would be for me to wander off.

It's not demeaning to your young child in any way to have a safety measure that keeps them from running into traffic. I've always thought it very bizarre that there was any opposition to them.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Trains? Trains. TRAINS. I WANT TO GO LOOK AT TRAINS. THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHI-CAAH-GO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHICAGO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA! THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA? I WANT TO SEE TRAAAAAINS. GO ON THE TRAIN TO chicago!!!! I WANT TO GO ON A WALK TO SEE TRAINS! TRAINS. train. TRAIN. THAT IS A BIG TRAIN. THAT IS A TINY TRAIN. TRAINS.PAPA I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO CHI-CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-GO. TRAINS. I want to go to the museum and see trains. THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHI-CAAH-GO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHICAGO THIS TRAIN GOES TO KEN-OH-SHAA!!!!? THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA? I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO AURORA!!!! I WANT TO GO ON A WALK TO SEE THE TRAIN TO CHI-CAH-GO! TRAINS. Trains. i like trains. THAT IS A BIG TRAIN. THAT IS A TINY TRAIN. PAPA I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO AUUUUROOOOOOOOOOORRRHHHHRAAAAAAAH.

This is every morning, upon waking up. No longer do I get to experience a "good morning, papa." It's all trains, all the time.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

A Bad King posted:

Trains? Trains. TRAINS. I WANT TO GO LOOK AT TRAINS. THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHI-CAAH-GO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHICAGO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA! THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA? I WANT TO SEE TRAAAAAINS. GO ON THE TRAIN TO chicago!!!! I WANT TO GO ON A WALK TO SEE TRAINS! TRAINS. train. TRAIN. THAT IS A BIG TRAIN. THAT IS A TINY TRAIN. TRAINS.PAPA I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO CHI-CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-GO. TRAINS. I want to go to the museum and see trains. THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHI-CAAH-GO THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA THIS TRAIN GOES TO CHICAGO THIS TRAIN GOES TO KEN-OH-SHAA!!!!? THIS TRAIN GOES TO AURORA? I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO AURORA!!!! I WANT TO GO ON A WALK TO SEE THE TRAIN TO CHI-CAH-GO! TRAINS. Trains. i like trains. THAT IS A BIG TRAIN. THAT IS A TINY TRAIN. PAPA I WANT TO GO ON THE TRAIN TO AUUUUROOOOOOOOOOORRRHHHHRAAAAAAAH.

This is every morning, upon waking up. No longer do I get to experience a "good morning, papa." It's all trains, all the time.

Then they lose interest 3 days before their train themed birthday party

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

wizzardstaff posted:

I feel like this could have been posted from my account. It's absolutely exhausting and I feel you. I hope your week lightens up.

Right back at ya.

It seems like at this age, everytime you think something is working and you have it figured out they go and grow up and change everything.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

remigious posted:

Yay, I had a leg injury at one point and lil bee was a runner who didn't understand the concept of "road not safe". I'd rather she be safe and gave 0 fucks about people side eyeing me. She learned pretty quick though that if she didn't run off she didn't have to wear the backpack harness thingy so there's that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

A Bad King posted:

Excuse me, but have you considered this argument in support of your child?

Trains! :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
In a more serious post, my 22 month old daughter isn't speaking at all. She plays, points at stuff and otherwise acts normally so me and my wife aren't concerned about autism etc. But other than a couple weeks around 15 months where "oh poo poo!" came out of her mouth occasionally, it's nothing but bababa and mmmmmmmmmm! and mamamamamamama

At what point should we consider the delayed speech a problem? Anyone dealt with something similar?

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Slaan posted:

Excuse me, but have you considered this argument in support of your child?

Trains! :colbert:

Combine seeing trains in town with pizza and a visit to the park, and you got a baseline to engage in negotiating down to taking a bath later.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

bee posted:

She learned pretty quick though that if she didn't run off she didn't have to wear the backpack harness thingy so there's that.
This is the outcome I am hoping for, I’m glad it worked for you. Thank you and Nessa for sharing your experiences!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Slaan posted:

In a more serious post, my 22 month old daughter isn't speaking at all. She plays, points at stuff and otherwise acts normally so me and my wife aren't concerned about autism etc. But other than a couple weeks around 15 months where "oh poo poo!" came out of her mouth occasionally, it's nothing but bababa and mmmmmmmmmm! and mamamamamamama

At what point should we consider the delayed speech a problem? Anyone dealt with something similar?

My wife called attention to speech delay to pediatrician at like 18 months, he got evaluated at 24 months. So yeah if you schedule something now for around then you'll be fine.

He was fine and not delayed, most of his word explosion happened like month 23 or whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

My 2.5 year old just ate a sandwich containing sardines, Dijon, and pickled onions, saying “NOM NOM NOM” the entire time. So proud :3: